It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That time the Obama administration overthrew the government of Ukraine

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Great point neo96, Ukraine is far from the only country Obama "meddled" in. Since government officials are not immune from prosecution (as Mueller recently demonstrated), what stops these various foreign nations from charging him with a crime and filing a warrant with INTERPOL?

Wow. Let's examine your positions:

Putin - He's absolved of any wrongdoing because the US has intervened in the domestic affairs of other countries.

Obama - He should be arrested for US interventions.

Trump - You're a fanatical supporter and you completely ignore the fact that we're currently engaged in multiple military interventions and are meddling in the affairs of who knows how many countries.

So basically, you don't actually care about whether meddling in elections or military interventions are right or wrong, in general or in specific instances, you're strictly concerned with justifying your hatred of Obama and preserving your love of Trump, both of which extend to embracing Putin?

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

So basically, you don't actually care about whether meddling in elections or military interventions are right or wrong,

No!

My point is that it is ALWAYS WRONG to meddle in another nation's internal/private affairs - no matter what!

If Obama does it he is wrong.
If Putin does it he is wrong.
If Trump does it he is wrong.

edit on 7/19/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Good lord.

You think there is any situation where a foreign nation should subject another sovereign nation to its will? Sovereignty is meaningless and self-determination is an illusion if anyone other than the Citizens and their lawfully elected representatives choose the path for a nation

Short of a formal declaration of war (a lawful one, started FOR CAUSE), there is no reason/legal justification to *ever* meddle in a sovereign nation's internal affairs. For any reason.
edit on 7/19/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Russia is not our only threat, so we are doing a disservice to ourselves to act like that. China is probably a larger one being overlooked because everyone has their focus on a country with an economy smaller than Texas.

Why is it so wrong to have the school of thought "America needs work, we need to focus on our house before we focus on others".

It's not absolving Russia of anything, Russia=bad. Now that we got Russia=bad out of the way, how do you think we should address it?

I say fix our education and political system would be a great start. Because it's in trouble Russia aside. I think there might be more hate for Trump than any recent president, and Hillary was not the best opponent to go against him. We can do better, we should do better, but it starts here, at home.

So what do you think we should do?

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Thank you, and seconded

Russia=bad

Russia=bad

US=need to get our own house in order

Fixing our education and political system, along with ensuring our elections are secure (through comprehensive voter ID reform) is the solution. I'm not one for handouts, but those voter ID's should even be provided free of cost to voters.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

We could throw in all paper ballots across the board for good measure to get faith back into the system. Count them with air gapped machines (no connection to internet).

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Russia is not our only threat, so we are doing a disservice to ourselves to act like that. China is probably a larger one being overlooked because everyone has their focus on a country with an economy smaller than Texas.

Why is it so wrong to have the school of thought "America needs work, we need to focus on our house before we focus on others".

It's not absolving Russia of anything, Russia=bad. Now that we got Russia=bad out of the way, how do you think we should address it?

I say fix our education and political system would be a great start. Because it's in trouble Russia aside. I think there might be more hate for Trump than any recent president, and Hillary was not the best opponent to go against him. We can do better, we should do better, but it starts here, at home.

So what do you think we should do?

Try Italy!

The reason no one in Congress wants to bring up China is the West coast states! All those Chinese ships bringing their goods to this country for the most part dock in California!

Wonder what Chinese ties the government of California has considering all this Russian BS being used against Trump?
edit on 19-7-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

We could throw in all paper ballots across the board for good measure to get faith back into the system. Count them with air gapped machines (no connection to internet).

Great idea! Was never a fan of the machines to begin with

I always found it funny how things of such importance were placed on computers/networks accessible to the Internet

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Looks like I forgot a few.

spectator.org...

Macedonia,Honduras,Kenya,Egypt

Egypt.
Took a sort of a moderate leader and accidentally replaced him with the Muslim Brotherhood,
The only reason the Arab Spring was started by the US and the Obama Admin ?
Replace the leaders of those countries with ones that would allow NGOs into their country without restriction
Obama messed up on Egypt and Iran.
Big time..

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

Nobody is cheerleading Putin! We just don't kneejerk outright discount his intel, like the bootlicking Globalist lovers here.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Had nothing to do with overthrowing the government. They were discussing what was going on in Ukraine and notice they had so little power the person they wanted for president couldn't even be nominated. So if they had organized it they sure didn't get the results they wanted.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Can someone explain what does the EU and NATO think the Azov sea is ? Do they think it's their little play lake ?
There will never be EU-NATO presence in the Azov sea, and I am afraid that the presence in the whole black sea will be curbed soon ....

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join