It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multi game neo geo arcade cabinets from the 90s

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Back in the 90s, I lived in Fresno CA. I would go everyday after school to a You-Be's pizza place and play Street fighter 2. One day that game was replaced with neo geo cabinet that had 4 or 5 games on it. I got hooked on this side scrolling beat em up game, and I have been trying forever to remember what it was called. I have searched for every possible list of neo geo arcade cabinets, and I still cannot find anything that looks like the game I played. I would like to see if a rom has been made for it. The cabinet was one of those red ones with the games listed in little squares across the name plate thing on the top.
The game looked really good, for the mid nineties. There were several characters to choose from, and each had their own fighting style. As you went through the levels, you had to pick up little different colored balls that gave energy and magic power back to you. The only stage I remember is moving through a burning hallway and having to fight a big samurai armored boss at the end of the level.
I guess I could download every neo geo rom available until I find it, but people on here really seem to know video games. Does anyone remember these multi game cabinets, and which games were available on that platform? I have searched many lists through Google, but I still haven't found the game I was looking for.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Benderisfunny

I have one and it broke down.
You talking about metal slug

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I have one and it broke down.
You talking about metal slug

The neo geo I grew up with had a bad ass game called nam something.

Cool shooter
edit on 19-7-2018 by Bloodworth because: Want to add a sentence

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

No it's not metal slug, it was ninjas and samurais and swords and Spears and stuff like that. I have several metal slug games, so definitely not that one. Thanks for the reply!

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benderisfunny
a reply to: Bloodworth

No it's not metal slug, it was ninjas and samurais and swords and Spears and stuff like that. I have several metal slug games, so definitely not that one. Thanks for the reply!

Ever see a nam game for neo geo

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Do you mean Ninja Combat?

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Maybe this thing?

www.giantbomb.com...

Scroll down a bit to find the cabinet pic.
edit on 19-7-2018 by wylekat because: Link was a horrible dud. Thanks, Google!

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Sengoku
strategywiki.org...

Buy yourself a Raspberry Pi, install RetroPI and MAME, and find the rom. Try it out,

ETA: There were 3 Sengoku games, all very similar. You may have played any of the 3, so search for 2 and 3 if this isn't exactly the one you remember playing.
edit on 19-7-2018 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Oh my God!! That is totally the game I was looking for! Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. Now to look for the ROM...

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
MOD EDIT

I had a real nice one and then I got some kind of green screen error.

Looked it up and it was called a calendar error or something.
Wish I knew how to fix it.
Looks so complicated in those cabs.
edit on 7/19/2018 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 04:28 AM
link   

And my parents told me video game knowledge wouldn't serve me in life...

Glad to help. Retro games are a personal hobby and, honestly, even some of the "bad" games from 30 years ago are more fun than a lot of the modern cookie cutter games.

new topics

top topics

join