It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Software Help Needed Please & Thank you!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maxatoria
Since you have different needs it could be time to setup 2 different logins as what one person likes is like drinking acid to the next.

I never would have thought of that, but you're right -- thank you AGAIN! I haven't had to share my computer since my kids were in high school, so I just don't think in those terms. But I'm sure it will be easier for both of us to have our own setups to cater to what we each need to do. Especially since we'll both be working on the computer, not just playing around or surfing. I need to think about this...

Thanks for the prompt!

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
a reply to: Boadicea

I solved the 'Office' problem by going to the subscription service ($99.00 a year). It allows me to download the latest verison of micosoft products onto 5 devices (either Mac or PC). Works well for me and I use them on both platforms, desktop and laptop.

It may help simplify.

Thank you! I'm doing this for a specific job, though, and they require I have the full downloaded version, to be sure it's compatible with their software. And because I'll log in to their system via VPN to actually perform the work, so it has to be on my computer already. At least I think that's how and why!

I just bit the bullet and purchased Office 2016 from the Microsoft website. I figure it's an investment in the future... and I've got it downloaded and registered and all official now, so it's all good!

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

CAD? Holy crap! For me? That's like sticking a fork in my eye!!!! Blueprint readers are a special breed....

Good luck again!!!

LOL! That they are!!! But he's damn good at what he does, so it works for him

I used to tell my husband that he over-engineered everything... then we had a hard freeze (in the AZ desert!) and the water pipes froze and then burst. But my husband had put a valve right by the spigot, so I was able to turn the water off to that pipe without affecting the rest of the water lines... I have never complained about him over-engineering anything since and never will!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

If he's that good at blueprints....maybe he could check my house for crawlspaces? I think my ex is down there somewhere....scratch, scratch scratch...and foul odor once in awhile...

Maybe just a skunk or raccoon...I don't know???!!!

Take care, Best......

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

You had to say crawlspaces... I used to live in a house where the crawlspace ran the length and breadth of the house, and there was a vent at the bottom of the wall right next to the front door... and when someone came to the front door, the dogs would (of course) slip under the house from the back yard, and run all the way to that vent by the front door, just to bark their heads off... three Dobermans... and we had a huge picture window that gave us a clear view of whoever was at the door... It was absolutely hilarious sometimes.

I kept a box of dog biscuits on the porch for the mailman and UPS guy to give them. They knew. But everyone else... I bet they wished it were someone's ex under there!!!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join