It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Shouldn't Eschew Results to Appease the Outrage of a Few Prigs

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: bastion

Then surely you could say how it was flawed.

Did you read the Harvard study, or piece you quoted? It's based on his first 100 days and says 90% negative at its peak - quite bad on the face of it (depends on the story content) - but in no way supports your claim it's been 90% avg over the last two years.

And it completely refutes your non sequitur that because Donald Trump knows Murdoch, the press don't hate him.

See original post, cherry picking news orgs, small data size, not representative of avg US media.

Helps if you actually read the Harvard study and Pew study - 44% to 60% of coverage was negative. Only Trump tweeted 90% was negative.

I never claimed the press don't hate him, he's getting twice the negative coverage of previous Presidents. I was responding to your baseless assertion the MSM all sing from the same sheet.

The Murdoch empire being in full support of Trump, their daily calls and advice Murdoch gives to Trump proves this isn't the case. I still stand by my assertion he has closer ties to it than previous Presidents. Unless you think Murdoch press isn't part of the MSM?

Previous presidents had the support of Operation Mockingbird. No need for any direct relationship to the media. When you're a part of The Cabal, there is an entire infrastructure in place to take care of you.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Here's your non- sequitur for your viewing pleasure:

The whole 'MSM hates Trump' is a load of nonsense, he has the closest relationship in modern history to the world's biggest most influential media organization.

How does that part of my post have nothing to do with the previous paragraphs on their relationship for the past 40 years, M,urdoch being Trump's boss with quotes from the ex Fox head supporting my view? Do you know what non-sequitur means?

a reply to: 3n19m470

Very true but that ran in the 1950s to late 60s and vastly dwarfs this but my original comment is regarding modern presidents - my mistake for ambiguity but always viewed modern era as post Cold War.
edit on 19-7-2018 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Hey Genius, it's not a few people, almost everyone in the media and politics are upset, and justifiably so.

Trump is a traitor who cares more about doing business deals with foreign dictators than doing his duty.

Those who are upset ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

That's fair enough, they jumped the gun. I agree it's not warranted to specifically be talking about the crime of treason. And I'm sure many people insinuated that there was evidence of that crime, without saying it openly.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

How does that part of my post have nothing to do with the previous paragraphs on their relationship for the past 40 years, M,urdoch being Trump's boss with quotes from the ex Fox head supporting my view? Do you know what non-sequitur means?

Yes I know what a non-sequitur means, and I get to watch as you pretend that because Trump has a relationship with Murdoch, the press does not overwhelmingly hate Trump. The logic does not follow, and no amount of chewing gum will connect your premise to the conclusion.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants

That's fair enough, they jumped the gun. I agree it's not warranted to specifically be talking about the crime of treason. And I'm sure many people insinuated that there was evidence of that crime, without saying it openly.

And to be fair to you, treason does have a general definition, and perhaps in many cases they were being general without evoking law.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Read my original post instead of lying about what it said.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Can the bollocks about MSM hating Trump finally stop yet seeing as it's all lies? He has closer ties and to them than any prior Pres. makes the CNN/Dem relationship look pale in comparrison.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

What about the Murdoch press who've been in Trump's pocket since 1976 New York Post acquisition, he plays golf with him
and publicly declared it's support for him in the election (Murdoch hates elites)? Biggest MSM empire in the world, Fox, Sky and co have been his mouthpiece until recently, though their recent criticism of him may be in part due to his false claims of 'fake news' in his Sun interview despite the whole audio tape and video being released with the original story as Murdoch phones him up to call him a '#ing idiot'

Trump supporters love to claim the MSM is against him - fact's show he's been their mates for 40 years of MSM coverage.

www.theguardian.com...

The alliance between Donald Trump and Rupert Murdoch has never been stronger. In April, the Australian-born media mogul topped the New York Times’ list of Trump’s key advisers outside the White House, identified as someone the president speaks to “on the phone every week”. Last month the paper revised that upward to “almost every day”, although the White House denies this.

At a recent speech in New York to mark a second world war battle in which the US fought alongside Australia, Trump was welcomed on stage by the News Corp chief.

“The man I’m about to introduce believes, as I do, in challenging conventional wisdom, because conventional wisdom is often not wise at all,” Murdoch said, concluding with a hug for “my friend, Donald J Trump”. “Thank you to my very good friend Rupert Murdoch – there’s only one Rupert that we know,” said Trump in turn as he took the podium.

Can the bollocks about MSM hating Trump finally stop yet seeing as it's all lies? He has closer ties and to them than any prior Pres. makes the CNN/Dem relationship look pale in comparrison.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Trump supporters love to claim the MSM is against him - fact's show he's been their mates for 40 years of MSM coverage.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

So you deny Trump and Murdoch have been mates for 40 years and NewsCorp are the major media conglomerate in MSM and have the biggest market share in the world?

Feel free to think you have a point or won the internets but this convo is so boring and stupid I can't be arsed replying after this so you can pretend you understand the news or use pidgin-latin and a thesaurus/low frequency lexis to pretend you have a clue.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

No. I deny your non-sequitur that because Trump has a relationship with a media mogul, that means the MSM do not hate Trump.

Pretend your conclusions were not illogical and utterly forced through your own filter of bias and hatred all you won’t. No one is buying it.
edit on 19-7-2018 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Fine one last reply - unlike you I'm a qualified journalist and know what the # I'm talking about.

My name is David A Quinn - phone up the University of Central Lancashire they will confirm I attained a 1st class with distinction and merit in journalism and immediately managed their Press Office in charge of over £800m in assets.

Phone the Telegraph, I started writing music reviews for them at age 17.

Phone the BBC, worked for them for years then worked independently for the BBC North Editor in various magazines.

Phone the government or secret service and ask about my relationship with Colonel Thorncroft and Hawthornce

Phone the Times legendary insight team and ask if I was a member.

Phone Strobes of Private Eye and ask if I was a regular contributor

Phone the editor of the Times and ask if I've supplied him with most stories over the last few years.

------

I could go on for another several hundred examples but as I say all these orgs will hapilly verify my experience. Unlike yourself I'm not pretending to understand the situation.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Fine one last reply - unlike you I'm a qualified journalist and know what the # I'm talking about.

My name is David A Quinn - phone up the University of Central Lancashire they will confirm I attained a 1st class with distinction and merit in journalism and immediately managed their Press Office in charge of over £800m in assets.

Phone the Telegraph, I started writing music reviews for them at age 17.

Phone the BBC, worked for them for years then worked independently for the BBC North Editor in various magazines.

Phone the government or secret service and ask about my relationship with Colonel Thorncroft and Hawthornce

Phone the Times legendary insight team and ask if I was a member.

Phone Strobes of Private Eye and ask if I was a regular contributor

Phone the editor of the Times and ask if I've supplied him with most stories over the last few years.

------

I could go on for another several hundred examples but as I say all these orgs will hapilly verify my experience. Unlike yourself I'm not pretending to understand the situation.

So much experience yet you make the basest of logical errors. Then you attempt to appeal to your authority. I wonder how much of your work suffers from the same lack of foundational knowledge?

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

None because I have a degree in Applied Mathematics also (1st class distinction and merit from UCLAN, Harvard, Stanford, NASA, Max Planck institute, Jeremiah Horrocks institute and career in Science journalism). Unlike yourself I'm qualified in logic.

Feel free to ring up them and ask prof Dave Parker, Prof Don Kurtz, NASA SDO, CERN Cafe, ESA the SPICA telescope, British Aerospace, headhunting by Boeing and Lockhead-Martin and my discovery of generating exotic matter/anti-matter by firing a high powered laser at a cone of gold/platinum in a 10 day rush replacement to my initial 12D, 10D normal, 1D time, 1D hypertime under quantumn-xeno effect which was independently proven by Stanford PhD's a few days before my due date (papers must be original new discoveries).

Shock of all horrors, having spent decades in journalism I have an informed opinion based on experience. My portfolio speaks for itself. WhI;ile I may disagree with The Guts views, I'm print not broadcast and bow down to his credentials US broadcast-wise.

ETA: Never had a single retraction or discussion concerning credibility in my 28 year career - had one re-edit by an editor but that was a music review in my early days that was poorly written - other than that all Copy made it 100% to print with no editorial changes and no claims of inaccuracy by any party.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

None because I have a degree in Applied Mathematics also (1st class distinction and merit from UCLAN, Harvard, Stanford, NASA, Max Planck institute, Jeremiah Horrocks institute and career in Science journalism). Unlike yourself I'm qualified in logic.

Feel free to ring up them and ask prof Dave Parker, Prof Don Kurtz, NASA SDO, CERN Cafe, ESA the SPICA telescope, British Aerospace, headhunting by Boeing and Lockhead-Martin and my discovery of generating exotic matter/anti-matter by firing a high powered laser at a cone of gold/platinum in a 10 day rush replacement to my initial 12D, 10D normal, 1D time, 1D hypertime under quantumn-xeno effect which was independently proven by Stanford PhD's a few days before my due date (papers must be original new discoveries).

Shock of all horrors, having spent decades in journalism I have an informed opinion based on experience. My portfolio speaks for itself. WhI;ile I may disagree with The Guts views, I'm print not broadcast and bow down to his credentials US broadcast-wise.

I never trust the view of reality purported by someone who has his nose buried in labs and equations. And you make such elementary mistakes, and resort to fallacy to bolster your claims. David, with all that school, it appears you wasted your damn time.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I never trust the view of reality purported by someone who has his nose buried in labs and equations. And you make such elementary mistakes, and resort to fallacy to bolster your claims. David, with all that school, it appears you wasted your damn time.

Sorry for having an education. Now you have proven having knowledge is a bad thing based on no evidence whatsoever I will follow your lead and act like a retard.

ETA: Please don't address me via first name, you're not not a friend or family member.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Sorry for having an education. Now you have proven having knowledge is a bad thing I will follow your lead and act like a retard.

Now a straw man. You can't even represent my arguments properly. Sorry, I take it back, I doubt you have any education whatsoever.

Edit to add: I won't do what you tell me to do, David.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Lol. Here's the phone number #tard - 01772 89442

ETA: I couldn't give a # - just point put you're a #.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Lol. Here's the phone number #tard - 01772 89442

I don't want your digits, David. Your true colors are good enough for me.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join