It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Shouldn't Eschew Results to Appease the Outrage of a Few Prigs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

President Trump is not trying to "appease" to losers. He's keeping them riled up...and thereby distracted. Eventually, they'll forget HOW to win again.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Trump and Putin are in on it together. They met to 'confront' everyone about the truth, and when it was revealed Trump does the old "it wasn't me" tactic. He went back on his word and created a big stink for BOTH sides of the fiasco. And we are all eating it up.
Kind of reminds me of the ending of 'There will be blood'. Elitists vrs us normal people.

By the way, there's no need to vomit a thesaurus on us like Jordan Peterson or Richard Dawkins. Just say it how it is.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
The goofs that make up “the left” continue to ignore history. Recent history of the presidents of the democratic party and their similar dealings with Russia. Ignore as in to not recognize or address.

They want to act like they’re not knee-deep in hypocrisy based on their reaction to their party’s president (non-existent) vs Trump (eeRREeeeREeRRee!!!!)...as others have pointed out (which continues to get ignored).

How is this possible?? Delusion!

When you get down to it, there’s no point trying to reason with the delusional.

How’d their minds get sideways?? Who the hell cares anymore!!

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   

We live in an age where words have more impact than action.

We have been so engineered to salivate at the ringing of the media's pavlovian bell that the very thought of coherent debate has gone the way of the dodo.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

Because the US offered world protection for a return in world wealth. It's not as complicated as you think.
But here we are now, capitalism is weeding out the US economy because it has gone global. Unless the US starts invading other economic super powers, it's going to be a rough ride from here on out.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Trump and Putin are in on it together. They met to 'confront' everyone about the truth, and when it was revealed Trump does the old "it wasn't me" tactic. He went back on his word and created a big stink for BOTH sides of the fiasco. And we are all eating it up.
Kind of reminds me of the ending of 'There will be blood'. Elitists vrs us normal people.

By the way, there's no need to vomit a thesaurus on us like Jordan Peterson or Richard Dawkins. Just say it how it is.

This is all made up, media derived nonsense.

By the way, don’t mistake your lack vocabulary with me using a thesaurus.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

We live in an age where words have more impact than action.

We have been so engineered to salivate at the ringing of the media's pavlovian bell that the very thought of coherent debate has gone the way of the dodo.

I’m an optimist on this front. I believe we are moving away from this sort of superstition, even if it is taking its damn sweet time.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Hello Mr. Deep Thinker, which historical painting or photograph will you be LARPing as next week?

A performance is also the act of performing a task or function. Have you ever heard about an athlete's performance? You'll have to do better than your usual semantics and sophistry, if you want to rationalize what happened in Helsinki.

Treason is treason whether you approve of it or not, and whether it fills the legal definition or not. As you say, we don't know what happened behind closed doors. We can only hope for the best, and fear the worst, until maybe it comes out some day. But what you fail to understand is that it was all about the optics, just like the meeting with Kim. You are quite naive if you think Putin would go in there and make some sort of binding agreement that wasn't carefully weighed beforehand. Now in Kim's case, for Kim it was a propaganda victory just to be seen with Trump, for Trump it seems to have been a wild goose chase after the Nobel prize. Well, the Trumpeting orchestra has already forgotten about that. The case in Helsinki is a lot shadier and I hope some light will be shed on it. But as far as we can tell, with our very limited knowledge, Putin swept the palace floor with him.

I'll pass on your rehashing of talk shows and talking points, but let me point out that if I go for lunch at Trump tower, order a sandwich, and get a # sandwich, then I don't need to know how to make a better sandwich to recognize it for what it is and get my money back. You've found a fancy word for hypocrite, but what exactly are you saying when you accuse these multitudes of being prigs? Which of them have summited with Putin? How many of them have sucked up to dictators and murderers? Probably several, but not with all of America's might behind them, and with the responsibility of representing not only themselves but their nation and the free world. It's disappointing. You have no pride?

By the way, in another thread you mentioned that you don't believe in 'word politics'. So what sort of politics do you believe in? Grunt politics? Moan politics? Some sort of physical politics? What's that, when Bill Clinton receives oral in the Oval Office? Or when they get into a fist-fight at the Duma? Perhaps you believe in some sort of telepathic politics. But Trump does not. He believes in word politics, maybe more than any president before him. Even in his tweets he has to use words. And I'm not afraid of any treason committed by the fist or by the gun. I'm worried about treason committed with words, whether they are written or spoken, in public or in secret.

-SmiLes

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

Instead of word politics, I prefer anything that produces results.

I’ll pass on the rest.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

With all due respect, we are not talking about capitalism or the economy.

This is solely about the left’s reaction/faux outrage and absolute hypocrisy regarding Trump.

This is about the continuing ridiculous calls for impeachment, not because they have evidence to support impeachment but simply because they mind-blowingly lost to Trump and have out of this world disdain towards him.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I understood your words.

But, on topic, Trump made his actions and words public. This isn't a MSM propaganda piece, this is literally coming from the horses mouth. You're the one shaping it out to be a media sham.

Guess what, the internet doesn't forget, nor does it forgive. Trump's every word, movement, and action is being tracked, he makes one slip like he did, and it's called out. Just like we saw.

In the end, o well, Trump supporters will defend him with tooth and nail, he can literally smack a baby on the ground and he will get away with it.

Have fun America, democracy compromised in your face and you literally do nothing.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

I understood your words.

But, on topic, Trump made his actions and words public. This isn't a MSM propaganda piece, this is literally coming from the horses mouth. You're the one shaping it out to be a media sham.

Guess what, the internet doesn't forget, nor does it forgive. Trump's every word, movement, and action is being tracked, he makes one slip like he did, and it's called out. Just like we saw.

In the end, o well, Trump supporters will defend him with tooth and nail, he can literally smack a baby on the ground and he will get away with it.

Have fun America, democracy compromised in your face and you literally do nothing.

You called out a gaffe, and stood by while the media and former spooks accused a democratically elected leader of treason. The internet will not forget your words and actions either.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I can't do anything. I'm Canadian. Also, democracy has it's holes. I still stand by my comment, and will elaborate.
The internet is a powerful tool, it's incorporated into the lives of billions and is almost human now. Don't underestimate it.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I can't do anything. I'm Canadian. Also, democracy has it's holes. I still stand by my comment, and will elaborate.
The internet is a powerful tool, it's incorporated into the lives of billions and is almost human now. Don't underestimate it.

I’m Canadian too. According to the consensus, because I posted pro-Trump things on social media, I was “meddling in the election”.

I agree, the internet is a powerful tool.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

The reason the republican voter base is in the situation it's in now is literally because of run away capitalism.
I feel for them, really, I lived that life until I could dig myself out. but Trump took advantage of them, and what he has recently done is a slap in the face to those people!
edit on 18-7-2018 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   

We will never know what the true scope of meddling will ever be. But it happened. And as much as I love the internet, I also blame it. It's a double edged sword.

Information or disinformation truly is the most powerful tool.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Democratically elected leaders are incapable of committing treason? L'État, c'est moi?

Or they simply should not be accused of it?

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   

We will never know what the true scope of meddling will ever be. But it happened. And as much as I love the internet, I also blame it. It's a double edged sword.

Information or disinformation truly is the most powerful tool.

I just have to ask then... is all the outrage because a Republican was elected?

Because there was no outrage anywhere when Senator Kennedy approached the Kremlin to ask them to interfere in Reagan's election.

Not a whisper when Khrushchev deliberately withheld evidence that helped put JFK in office. Hell, he later bragged about it.

Not a peep when China and Russia worked to keep Clinton in office for a second term.

No real journalistic efforts anywhere to point out that the USA through the CIA has been interfering in foreign elections since 1948...

Just Some Facts

So is it only when a Republican gets elected (despite actual Russian collusion in favor of the Democrats) that we are supposed to be outraged?

Asking for a friend...

edit on 18-7-2018 by Lumenari because: Typed one pisspot USSR leader when I should have typed another pisspot USSR leader

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Only hard core trump supporters believe his nonsense..

This is the result.

Oddly enough, there appears to have been enough of them to vote him into office.

There will be more of them in 2020.

I highly doubt it... In fact, I predict he'll be a full blown lame duck president from November this year.

No need to wait till 2020 to witness how badly he fails!

Quoted for hilarity!!!

I'm cutting this post and pasting it on a word document I've started called "Quotes to post from ATS libs after the midterm results".

I am also assuming in your world that Hillary is still ahead by 7 points?

I started compiling a very similar document since before the '16 election.

It's all about patience, my friend. I look forward to comparing notes in the future.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

This is all made up, media derived nonsense.

Right, let's blame the media for reporting when Trump runs his mouth and makes a fool of himself. Then desperately backs away from his faux pas and digs his hole even deeper. Trump is just a pu$$y for not standing up to Putin in the first place: but that's the media's fault?
edit on 18-7-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join