It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Shouldn't Eschew Results to Appease the Outrage of a Few Prigs

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Trump Shouldn't Eschew Results to Appease the Outrage of a Few Prigs

President Trump’s latest “gaffe” during the Helsinki summit between the United States and The Russian Federation has not only brought about the typical outrage, but to calls for treason, a crime with which death is a possible sentence.

What is this but an egregious case of priggery? Because the apparent crime consisted of no more than saying something the accusers did not approve of, and the resultant backlash was unforgiving, smug and self-righteous (as if they believed they themselves could do a better job), the people condemning the president come off as little more than prigs. They glorified the political showboating and theatrics of the meeting—the optics—while saying nothing of the concrete results.

Late night talk show hosts such as Stephen Colbert, former spooks such as John Brennan, and such reputable news organizations as the NYT and the WaPo, have all wafted so much breath and spilt so much ink on the topic of treason to their complicit audiences, that it’s no wonder similar sounds begin to ring from the denizens of social media. Shortly thereafter, “Treason” trended on Twitter while it was the top searched term on Merriam-Webster. I wonder where they got that idea?

Trump’s high crime, of course, was saying something that they did not like during a press conference with Vladimir Putin. Putin in particular, and Russia in general, has been accused of committing the worst atrocity in recent memory by exposing the emails of the corrupt, double-dealing DNC, an “attack” which some have recently compared to the Bay of Pigs, Pearl Harbour, and 911. Prigs have conflated this crime with vacuous phraseology such as “meddling in the election”, “threatening our democracy”, “an influence campaign”, all of which the DNC (with help from the press) has been doing for years.

None of that excuses Russia hacking the DNC. Trump approved the revealing of new indictments against Russia before the summit for the sake of using it as leverage against Putin. Nonetheless, Trump still didn't play along with the media's word politics, where world peace and justice can be created with the use of the right rhetoric.

As a result, the late-night show hosts, the former spooks, and anti-Trump commentators in the press—all of them prigs—conflated the gaffe with a litany of specious but typical accusations and conspiracy theories. Whether Trump’s gaffe was proof that Putin was blackmailing Trump, that Trump was cheerleading for Putin, or that Trump has betrayed his intelligence community, our allies, his people and his country, throwing them all under the bus to cover his own ass, all of this hocus-pocus was derived from a few words.

The talking heads in the newsrooms immediately lamented the gaffe, usually by referring to sinking feelings, shortness of breath, and numerous other strange feelings. Anderson Cooper, ever the unbiased newsman, had to remind his viewers what they just witnessed as if they needed some encouragement in which way to think:

“You have been watching one of the most disgraceful performances by an American president at a summit in front of a Russian leader that I’ve ever seen.”

Oh, is that what that was?

Note the use of the term “performance”, as if we were watching a play and these were all actors. Surely folks like Cooper want their leader to follow a script, to speak as the press directs them to, namely, like themselves. But, could it be possible that this “disgraceful performance” might lead to concrete results that exist beyond the unscrupulous, spurious minds and self-congratulatory words of a few prigs?

That remains to be seen. But certainly, breaking a prig’s politically correct rules is never treason. It doesn’t matter anyways, because to those who are not prigs, to those who do not exalt the theatrics of politics at the expense of the results, the whole thing was a step forward for the entire world.

- LesMis

edit on 18-7-2018 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Could be worse.

Trump could have said he "would have more flexibility after the election" while talking about an agreement on Russian atomic weapons pointed at Americans....

..Oh..Wait...

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Hey Genius, it's not a few people, almost everyone in the media and politics are upset, and justifiably so.

Trump is a traitor who cares more about doing business deals with foreign dictators than doing his duty.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Hey Genius, it's not a few people, almost everyone in the media and politics are upset, and justifiably so.

Trump is a traitor who cares more about doing business deals with foreign dictators than doing his duty.

All of them are prigs.

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Guess Trump is in good company then,

As he prepared to collect a $500,000 payday in Moscow in 2010, Bill Clintonsought clearance from the State Department to meet with a key board director of the Russian nuclear energy firm Rosatom — which at the time needed the Obama administration’s approval for a controversial uranium deal, government records show.

Get a rope!

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

Hey Genius,

You mean like when he sold 20% of US uranium to Russia and his foundation got a $100M + kickback ?
Or, when he sent BILLIONS in US cash on pallets to Iran in violation of US regulations ?
Or, when he sent weapons from Libya to Syrian jihadhists ?

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
just a thought... www.youtube.com...

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Only hard core trump supporters believe his nonsense..

This is the result.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Dictionary : Prig

a person who displays or demands of others pointlessly precise conformity, fussiness about trivialities, or exaggerated propriety, especially in a self-righteous or irritating manner.

If you want to consider some who call out Trump on his gaffes Prigs, then feel free to do so as likely a number of them are. However to make sweeping generalizations of priggery about the wide spectrum of people who can see that this man is an oaf while you seem stuck in some kind of mental straight jacket attempting to find reasons to continue supporting his buffoonery then you are completely wrong.

For those of us who are not prigs yet still can clearly see this fools ineptitude I would like to apologize for those who really are prigs and who are irritating you in such a way.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

What nonsense ?

One set of standards for Trump.

Entirely DIFFERENT set of standards for his critics.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Trump’s high crime, of course, was saying something that they did not like

You keep saying this. In this thread and others I have read you saying it over and over, trying to minimize the reactions to this mans idiocy. Idiocy because on one hand he claims to trust his advisors, the US intelligence community yet will still go against all that they advise and accept the word of Putin all based on his own self indulgent belief that he himself possesses some special ability to determine the the right course for the nation. That is worth making a howl about and not just whining because he said something that people don't like.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

This is the result.

Oddly enough, there appears to have been enough of them to vote him into office.

There will be more of them in 2020.

Perhaps you should look into a mirror and wonder if you are on the wrong side of history?

Wait... that would take critical thought.

Carry on!!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

“You have been watching one of the most disgraceful performances by an American president at a summit in front of a Russian leader that I’ve ever seen.”

How soon they forget their great leader, FDR.

As far back as 1941, Roosevelt’s former Soviet Ambassador William Bullitt, Jr., who had his own “Bolshevik romance” but later came to his senses, tried to warn Roosevelt that “Communists in the United States are just as dangerous enemies as ever,” and that his policies were “wishful thinking.” In return for his candor, Bullitt received this wishful reply from the president: “I just have a hunch that Stalin is not that kind of man…I think that if I give him everything I possibly can and ask nothing in return, noblesse oblige, he won’t try to annex anything and will work with me for a world of democracy and peace.

Wonderful words from the bestest ever President that the left has ever had.

Hypocrisy... the biggest tool in the Progressive toolbox.

S&F for the OP... ~nods~

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Great piece! Bravo, bravo. 10 stars.

edit on 18-7-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Send that to American Thinker website.

www.americanthinker.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

Thought I would bold that for you so you may start to understand why you are so upset all the time.

Most ACTUAL people no longer agree with almost everyone in the media and politics.

Turn off the TV.. go start talking to actual people and maybe your mindset will get right again.

No charge for the analysis!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Are you nutters or something? Now he MUST release his tax forms. Gawl!

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Trump’s high crime, of course, was saying something that they did not like

You keep saying this. In this thread and others I have read you saying it over and over, trying to minimize the reactions to this mans idiocy. Idiocy because on one hand he claims to trust his advisors, the US intelligence community yet will still go against all that they advise and accept the word of Putin all based on his own self indulgent belief that he himself possesses some special ability to determine the the right course for the nation. That is worth making a howl about and not just whining because he said something that people don't like.

I’ll keep saying it, because that’s what it amounts to. Continually repeating your priggish opinion doesn’t make it any more true than it did they day you imagined it, or were taught it, one or the other.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

This is the result.

Oddly enough, there appears to have been enough of them to vote him into office.

I highly doubt it... In fact, I predict he'll be a full blown lame duck president from November this year.

No need to wait till 2020 to witness how badly he fails!

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: Lumenari

This is the result.

I highly doubt it... In fact, I predict he'll be a full blown lame duck president from November this year.

No need to wait till 2020 to witness how badly he fails!

Quoted for hilarity!!!

I'm cutting this post and pasting it on a word document I've started called "Quotes to post from ATS libs after the midterm results".

I am also assuming in your world that Hillary is still ahead by 7 points?

edit on 18-7-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join