It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Seeks Charges Against Obama-Era U.S. Ambassador & U.S. Intel Agents

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

They can't just kill these guys. They are too high profile. That's why the sham of having them answer questions in Russia where they can be thrown in jail and murdered in a recreation yard brawl.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: deckdel

Any minute now.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

This is good, nothing like a few real indictments to throw out there into the international court of public opinion. Let the world know that Muellers bullsnip will have consequences.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

Can we for just one moment steep our toes into the pool of reality?
No I don't have anything I'm just a citizen just like you. Our government does, the UK does, I'm sure many others.
This isn't some silly conspiracy being bandied about on the internet by angry fools.
It's the very reason the Magnitsky act was implemented in the first place.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

The Magnitsky Act is named after Russian tax accountant Sergei Magnitsky, who discovered a $230 million fraud among Russian tax officials back in 2009. Naturally Magnitsky himself was arrested, since the powers-that-be in Russia don’t abide these kinds of accusations, and he was eventually beaten to death while he was in prison.

His friend Bill Browder was outraged and publicized what had happened, which led to Congress passing the Sergei Magnitsky Rule of Law Accountability Act in 2012 by a vote of 92-4. Russia, as expected, was infuriated, because it targeted the country’s most powerful oligarchs in the only way that really hurts them: by freezing their money and their travel overseas. Julia Ioffe explains:

This Magnit Act?

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

They can't just kill these guys. They are too high profile. That's why the sham of having them answer questions in Russia where they can be thrown in jail and murdered in a recreation yard brawl.

He could just have him killed in a botched robbery attempt where nothing is stolen. Democrats tend to believe that story.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

a reply to: rickymouse

No he didnt. That's all a lie Putin is telling. McFaul didn't launder money through Russia. Browder didn't launder money or evade taxes in Russia. These guys are directly tied to the implementation of the Magnitsky act. That is all Putin is interested in in regards to these two gentleman.
The problem with that for dear Vlad is that six other countries have joined the United States in implementing Magnitsky type laws.

McFaul should not have got involved in that guys scam. Browder actually gave up US citizenship to avoid US taxes. He did not pay his taxes owed in Russia and they went after him for tax evasion and he was found guilty there. So he pushed for the Magnitsky act to protect him from being handed over. He is very good at not finding ways so he does not have to pay taxes he owes. The way he did it was very corrupt, why did our government help him when he screwed us? He went to the UK, let them deal with him. I am not against the Magnitsky act, I am against Browder using it to get out of paying taxes due to a country.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Russia's been putting out arrest warrants through INTERPOL for Browder for years. Putin wants Browder dead as much as he wanted Magnitstki dead.

Quotes ?????

Would be interesting for comparison.

Otherwise.....PFFFT😃

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

"Just to be clear, my arrest this morning in Madrid was the result of a SIXTH Russian arrest warrant using Interpol channels," Browder said. "It was NOT an expired warrant, but a live one. Interpol is incapable of stopping Russian abuse of their systems."
Browder has led a global push for sanctions against Russian officials implicated in the death of imprisoned Russian whistle-blower Sergei Magnitsky."
www.rferl.org...

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Update: The White House says it will NOT allow Russia to interrogate any Americans.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Ummm yeah....no

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

There was never any scam dude. The entire thing is a lie. These guys did nothing. Except expose Putin's disregard for human rights.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
The Senate is voting right now on making sure this does not happen.
Oh look...reality agreeing with me again.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yeah how many people had to tell him before he finally figured out it was a bad idea. And just to be clear I feel that he still would do this if he thought he could get away with it because these gentleman were associated with the Obama administration.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Update: The White House says it will NOT allow Russia to interrogate any Americans.

Ummm... that was never suggested. The deal was, Russians interrogate Russians with US officials observing, and Americans interrogate Americans with Russian officials observing.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

What were they supposed to be interrogated about?

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I would love to see Russia indict Mueller, if only to see his reaction

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I wonder will Russia indict those Americans who meddled in the 2012 Russian elections in a bid to oust Putin?

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

The Senate is voting right now on making sure this does not happen.
Oh look...reality agreeing with me again.

The Senate voted on a resolution to object to Trump allowing Russia to interview Americans.
It was a resolution, not 'making sure it doesn't happen again'.
Has it happened before???
Trump has already rejected the proposal from Putin, but if he wanted to ignore the Senate resolution he could.
Whatever it is that is agreeing with you, it isn't reality.
edit on 19/7/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: rickymouse
Russia actually has a legitimate claim with Browder from what I have read. Calling in people to testify under oath about any involvement with or for information about Browder activity would be appropriate.

Of course it will never happen, just like Russia not giving up the people that FBI wants.

Browder was stuttering and spitting while he spoke today. The guy is SCARED.

(.........or. is it "carewemust'nt" now? Lovin' them contractions?)

Wouldn't you be? He's said a return to Russia would be a death sentence for him, and none other than Putin's emotional/political hostage is currently/temporarily in charge? Give me a break.

Besides, Browder's an American citizen; he hasn't been charged with anything; we don't extradite to Russia, and the last time I checked, we, as citizens, still have the right to say "Nope. I'm not going".

<< 1  2    4 >>

join