It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kevin Nicholson, Candidate For U.S. Senate: The Price Of #WalkAway

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Check this one out: The guy's own parents are so indoctrinated with political zealousness that they have disowned not only him but the grandchildren!

Then they make a big public show of donating the maximum amount of money to their son's opponent!

lacrossetribune.com...

My parents have since turned their back on me, my wife, their grandchildren, and their extended family. Adding to this, they decided to make the maximum contribution to my Democrat opponent in my campaign for U.S. Senate in Wisconsin, an intentional personal blow that made headlines across the country. It was deliberate – and it is a true representation of the intolerance of a political philosophy that stands on the false platform of tolerance.

I don’t enjoy talking about this highly personal experience, but as I see the #WalkAway movement gain momentum, I feel compelled to share my story. As #WalkAway grows, conservatives need to reach out to those who were raised to believe in a Democrat Party and a liberal political philosophy that does nothing to make them more successful.

Many others who have decided to leave the Democrat Party have also likely paid a personal price for their decision. And others are not yet ready to leave because of the judgment and ridicule they will undoubtedly receive from other Democrats – whether family, friends, or co-workers. Unfortunately, their fear is founded.

The Democrat party is not the party of tolerance. It is not the party of acceptance. It is the party of intolerance. It is the party of closed doors, but open borders. It is the party of judgment. It is the party of identity politics. And that is why the #WalkAway movement is resonating. Because when you stop and ask yourself why you should be a Democrat, it is impossible to answer if you acknowledge the party’s hypocrisy, since it openly advocates for policies that encourage dependency and destroy opportunity for all of us.

edit on 18-7-2018 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Congratulations to Kevin for growing a brain, and developing an independent mind.

It's Never Too Late!!

After the Democratic party evaporates or regains its original beauty, maybe then we can address those dug-in Republicans!

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Sounds more like a personal family problem than what he's trying to make sound like a political issue.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The Left is as tolerant as the religion of peace.

We can have peace, but only their version of it... or else.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
Sounds more like a personal family problem than what he's trying to make sound like a political issue.

Funny... sounds like the complete reverse to me.

Guess it depends on your vantage point.

In Kevin's case I suppose it's fairly difficult to separate the two.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
www.washingtonexaminer.com...

another link for you OP

and one condemning him just for his political affiliation splinternews.com...

Kevin Nicholson, who’s running as a Republican in Wisconsin’s U.S. Senate race, wrote an op-ed for Fox News’ website today to lament the terrible lack of civility displayed by his bull# parents for not letting him play Fortnite after 11 p.m. Wait, no, he’s mad they basically disowned him for turning into a s*itty Republican: My parents have since turned their back on me, my wife, their grandchildren, and their extended family. Adding to this, they decided to make the maximum contribution to my Democrat opponent in my campaign for U.S. Senate in Wisconsin, an intentional personal blow that made headlines across the country. It was deliberate – and it is a true representation of the intolerance of a political philosophy that stands on the false platform of tolerance. I mean, I’m sure it’s personally very painful to him, but it is objectively very funny. It wouldn’t be funny if it were for any other reason than this s*ithawk deciding to run for office under a party with avowed racists on the ballot (including one in his own state!) and on a platform of denying people healthcare and demagoguery on immigration.
sure articles like this will sure help the political climate but if his family wants to grow old not getting to see their grandchildren i guess thats their call to make and note i added the asterisks into the words in quoted portion as i think those words are t and c violations

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

The Progressive Response to the story (which I guess was also on Fox)

splinternews.com...

Candidate Whines to Fox News That His Parents Disowned Him for Being Republican Di**head

Wait, no, he’s mad they basically disowned him for turning into a #ty Republican:

I mean, I’m sure it’s personally very painful to him, but it is objectively very funny. It wouldn’t be funny if it were for any other reason than this #hawk deciding to run for office under a party with avowed racists on the ballot (including one in his own state!) and on a platform of denying people healthcare and demagoguery on immigration.

The rest of the column is a stirring call for conservatives to “reach out to those who were raised to believe in a Democrat Party and a liberal political philosophy that does nothing to make them more successful,” with a shout out to the extremely suspect #WalkAway movement:

After all, who needs the love of your decent relatives who are outraged and appalled by the Republican party’s hurtling descent into white supremacy when you’ve got all those Di**bucks?

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

I was going to say it makes leaving Scientology sound like a cakewalk.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

What original beauty ?

Created by slave owners, Still keeps people on plantations, and just won't stop their xenophobic tirades about Russia.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
realclearpolitics.com... as of agust hes up +5 and +9 according to RCP so perhaps that will boost his mood over the whole family hubub

link   
a reply to: infolurker

Impossible!

CNN said the #walkaway movement is Russian Bots!!!

No one can dare criticize Democrats, they are holier than thou and not to be questioned!

link   
a reply to: neo96

You're right.. I just checked the transcripts and I think I need to provide clarification.

I was just trying to be nice!

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Hell, they have been trying to dig up dirt on this guy for awhile. The more I research / read, the more I like him.

www.politico.com...

I couldn’t find the videotape. But Nicholson’s opponents probably will, and if they do, he can expect a bruising attack ad highlighting his abortion flip-flop. Whether voters care about what a candidate said in college remains to be seen—Trump called himself “very pro choice” on Meet the Press in 1999 and the GOP nominated him 18 years later—but Nicholson’s vulnerability speaks to the broader challenge he faces in running his first race as a Republican, with his only political experience coming as a Democrat.

Two things are striking as it relates to Nicholson and abortion. First, it represents a rare policy area in which his opponents have discovered vulnerability; one Democrat familiar with the party’s opposition-research efforts tells me they are frustrated because of how careful he was in college to avoid taking polarizing positions.

And second, Nicholson’s liberal friends—most of whom insisted they not be quoted in this story—agree that his change of heart on abortion comes across as the most authentic element of his entire conversion. “I have children, and they’re a hell of a lot more than a choice,” Nicholson tells me. “I also saw innocent lives of kids [taken] in combat. I say that and it’s not hyperbole, it’s not a joke. If anything makes you stop and think about how wasteful it all is, it’s watching life get blown to smithereens because they’re in the wrong place in the wrong time. It does change your perspective, and it does mature you.”

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Damn, he sounds like a normal guy with some sense. And not because he switched parties, just his perspective.
Thanks for posting that.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Can you imagine the pain of those in that decent family he was once a part of? Could you imagine waking up to a morning of your son magically turning into a hateful, racist, misogynist, xenophobic, healthcare denying, philandering, baby murdering (not those babies) pos over night, those poor people.

They should have a chat with Steve Harvey's family, he magically transformed into a coon/Uncle Tom overnight for wanting to have a discussion with Trump, they should understand this families pain.
edit on 7/18/2018 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

I have a 'tolerant' Democrat aunt in California who is one of my favorite family members but her zealotry is so strong I could see her doing something similar.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I walked away around 2014 and at that time, my liberal parents decided to start spending the holidays with my ex girlfriend who is a feminist liberal social worker. Our relationship is strained to say the least.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I feel after having our daughter my stance on abortion changed dramatically. How could anyone abort a life. It's funny, I hit my 40's and I go full on conservative / pro life.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

I feel after having our daughter my stance on abortion changed dramatically. How could anyone abort a life. It's funny, I hit my 40's and I go full on conservative / pro life.

With age and experience follows wisdom for those willing to accept it.

new topics

top topics

join