It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

According to CNN the #Walkaway movement is influenced by Russian bots.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Anyone have an ETA of when CNN and the LEFT will stop letting Russia live rent free in their heads?

It could go on and on till 2020 or beyond.. If the dems lose bigly in November however, common sense would dictate that their current Russian approach while calling everyone center to right a racist Nazi isn't working.

But CNN is dumber than a box of rocks, so I could honestly see them using this strategy for many eons to come.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: smkymcnugget420

I'm well over 50, and I've not thought that...ever.

Were they a threat? Sure, but they aren't now.

They can buy add space where ever they want. They can hack who ever they want. That's not going to change how I vote.

Now if they offer cash incentives, then we might have a conversation...it'd have to pretty good offer. While I am for sale, I ain't cheap.

Wait, I was all set to vote for Hillary but a damned Russian article on Facebook hypnotized me and made me pull the lever for Trump. I also now drink vodka and eat borscht.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Wookiep

You don't think Russia are a threat ?

Do you have any evidence that they are
a threat? It's funny because I don't feel
threatened. Never have thought they were
a threat. Fear infects. I struck it from my
heart when I was a kid.
edit on Rpm71818v35201800000042 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Not everything you disagree with is a Russian Bot. LOL

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
The walkaway movement is fueled by disgust from people who have had their eyes opened to the crazy in the liberals. I am sure that the Russians may be tacking on some bots to spread the civil unrest. If the Democratic party and the media cannot see why people want to get away from the Liberal BS lately, I think they need someone to open their eyes instead of backing the delusion.

Right now I would bet that the EU is having people disrupt our society by stimulating bad stuff about Trump. Anyone who believes the EU would not do that is evidently naive as a goldfish.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
There's a "Walkaway" subreddit and all of the mods on it are regular "The_Donald" subreddit posters and mods that support Trump in one subreddit and act like "former Democrats" in the other.

Read into that what you will.

Many democrats and Bernie Bros did end up in the Trump camp after it became clear that Hillary was the left's girl.

It's in the same vein as the Koch's supporting Hillary.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

They can buy add space where ever they want. They can hack who ever they want. That's not going to change how I vote.

Now if they offer cash incentives, then we might have a conversation...it'd have to pretty good offer. While I am for sale, I ain't cheap.

Wait, I was all set to vote for Hillary but a damned Russian article on Facebook hypnotized me and made me pull the lever for Trump. I also now drink vodka and eat borscht.

I don't even use Facebook or Twitter and they got me to vote for Trump. Damned Russians are devious!
edit on 18-7-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Not everything you disagree with is a Russian Bot. LOL

Correct! The Russian bot theme is done.

I also think it's funny that Mark Dice sells Russian bot t-shirts. Lol. That guy is a certain type of genius.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

You forgot your attribution. Let me fix it for you:

Anybody against the Democrats being in power for life are obviously Russian and anti American.
-James Comey

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Remember when the leftists used to accuse the right of being fear mongers because we recognized the threat of terrorism? Now they're running around with their hair on fire over Russia. When was the last time an American was killed by the Russian government?

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

They are running around with their hair on fire.

Gawd that's a perfect way to say it.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 12:59 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Russia doesn't even pose a fraction of the threat to America as CNN does.

So CNN has miliary and nuclear weapons? This is just a silly statement i get it fun to bash CNN but lets at least stay in reality.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
The walkaway movement is fueled by disgust from people who have had their eyes opened to the crazy in the liberals. I am sure that the Russians may be tacking on some bots to spread the civil unrest. If the Democratic party and the media cannot see why people want to get away from the Liberal BS lately, I think they need someone to open their eyes instead of backing the delusion.

Right now I would bet that the EU is having people disrupt our society by stimulating bad stuff about Trump. Anyone who believes the EU would not do that is evidently naive as a goldfish.

Dont think that the walkaway movement isn't supported by the right as well. Ask yourself how many Democrats are truly involved. and in truth, it wouldn't surprise me if Russians where helping push this movement. Are democrats leaving probably it happens all the time there are Republicans that leave their party as well, What makes this a story is its being pushed online as some kind of proof when its just tweets pushing an agenda.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Meh, I love vodka. Borscht, I can live without, very cheerfully.

Seemingly, we can't live our lives without that monster in the closet, or the fear that there might be one.

Y'all want a monster? Look in our own govt., we've absolutely no need for external, made up, issues, when we've got real live ones working, or is it lurking, here.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

Thank you!

You just provided a perfect example of how a little piece of disinformation can steer the narrative. In this case, the message is stoking doubt about the reliability of the mainstream media; and further reinforces the conspiracy theory that the MSM is targeting poor Donald Trump.

However, the truth of how these two papers came to be printed on the same day is much less conspiratorial; yet much more ironic.

According to Snopes this image is real. It dates to September 1st, 2016. Almost 2 years ago, but still making the rounds in the disinfo circuit.

The edition on the left was an earlier edition of the paper. The edition on the right was published later in the day. The same paper published in the same locality on the same day, at different times of the day.

The Wall Street Journal issued a statement that is confirmed by another source :

Colleen Schwartz, the Vice President of Communications of WSJ, said that the edition on the left was published after Trump met Nieto early in the day. Schwartz added that the first headline reflected the ‘seemingly cooperative tone of their discussion.’

The edition on the right was reportedly published after Trump delivered a speech on immigration later in the day, and therefore, reflected his hardened stand that he would force Mexico to pay for the building of a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border.

There are a few ironies here:
1. The truth of the matter is that different editions of the paper had to be printed because either Mr. Trump, or someone in his campaign, gave different impressions to the media at different times of the day. Sound familiar?

Contrary to the established conspiracy theory, the WSJ wasn't trying to sway the election. They just had to move fast to stay in front of Mr. Trump's lies.

2. The second irony is that the WSJ is owned by Rupert Murdoch's News Corp. The same folks that own FOX News. It strikes me as odd that a member of the News Corp family would be working to undermine Mr. Trump this late in the campaign.

3. Many people are influenced by it because of their confirmation bias.
- More than a few people reading this thread will look at that photo and take it at face value and not question its authenticity.
- Some will look at the photo and will accept its message, but may question its source.
- A few others may simply be subconsciously influenced, without really giving the image any thought at all.

Now, all the enemy has to do is plant this disinfo in a few cyber-locations where visitors will pick it up and spread it to a wider audience. Just like it happened here!

How can you not see that there is a concerted PSYOP happening here? I don't know where this "disinformation artifact" originated. It could have come from the Russians; or it could have been a joke meme created by some people with too much time on their hands. However, its deployment is still having an effect 2 years after it was first introduced.

-dex

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I don't think Russia is responsible for everything and anything antidemocrat is Russian based.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I love how they're just doubling down on the same # that lost them 2016. A #walkaway movement? The notion that we're doing something wrong? No, we only lost because of the Russians! We did everything right in 2016! Hollywood has told us how to reach middle America, we're solid.

Full disclosure, I've been called a Russian bot on Twitter. And one of those handle-checker sites, I put my handle in and it told me I was likely a bot.
Their standards are obviously low.

Also, CNN's method for determining this is to completely misrepresent their sources.

Outlets including The New York Times, The Washington Post and CNN have used the Alliance for Securing Democracy’s Hamilton 68 dashboard to blame “Russian bots” for boosting conservative issues and conspiracy theories on social media.

Most of the reporting on the dashboard is “inherently inaccurate,” the alliance’s communication’s director, Bret Schafer, told The Daily Caller News Foundation over the weekend.

“Most notably, and this is the most common error, we don’t track bots, or, more specifically, bots are only a small portion of the network that we monitor,” Schafer said.

“We’ve tried to make this point clear in all our published reporting, yet most of the third party reporting on the dashboard continues to appear with some variation of the headline ‘Russian bots are pushing X …'” he said. “This is inherently inaccurate.”

Are they misrepresenting this on accident or on purpose? I think we all know the answer.

Anyway, #walkway is real. You can pretend it's not and stick your head in the sand all you want, I will sit back and enjoy the absolute panic when these midterms don't go the way you think they're going to.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

I just love this narrative. The kind of stuff they were pushing on Facebook was so over the top that only people who already hated Clinton were likely to fall for it.

Not to mention they took out ads attacking Trump too, and gave the Clinton campaign the bogus material for the Dossier.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Russia doesn't even pose a fraction of the threat to America as CNN does.

So CNN has miliary and nuclear weapons? This is just a silly statement i get it fun to bash CNN but lets at least stay in reality.

The pen is mightier than the sword means nothing to you?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join