It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WH Chief Cyber Official confirms told to 'stand down' in 2016 in creating Cyber Deterrence

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
More and more people are testifying and more and more information is coming out. Some of this information was published in a book and There had been rumors of this but not sure if it was every confirmed but it has been now...by Obama officials no less. John Kerry of all people asked how they could counter these attacks but the next steps never came. They were told to leave it alone.

Daniel confirmed to the intelligence panel that the account was “an accurate rendering of what happened” in his staff meeting. He said his bosses at the NSC — he did not specifically mention Rice in his testimony — had concerns about “how many people were working on the options” so the “decision” from his superiors at the Obama White House was to “neck down the number of people that were involved in developing our ongoing response options.”

Link

As she and other State Department officials became “more alarmed” about what the Russians were up to in the spring of 2016, they were authorized by then Secretary of State John Kerry to develop proposals for ways to deter the Russians. But most of those steps were never taken — in part because officials assumed they would be taken up by the next administration.

“I believe there were deterrence measures we could have taken and should have taken,” Nuland testified. As intelligence came in during the late spring and early summer of that year about the Russian attack, Daniel instructed his staff on the National Security Council to begin developing options for aggressive countermeasures to deter the Kremlin’s efforts, including mounting U.S. “denial of service” attacks on Russian news sites and other actions targeting Russian cyber actors.

Now, if you read the rest of the article it goes on to say that they were still working on making sure individual states were protected by why would they be told that there was no need to create more measures to prevent or deter?

This occurred during the infamous " Cut it out" statement from Obama to Putin.

Instead, Obama officials chose another course of action after becoming frustrated that Republican leaders on Capitol Hill would not endorse a bipartisan statement condemning Russian interference and fearful that any unilateral action by them would feed then candidate Donald Trump’s claims that the election was rigged. They chose a private “stern” warning by Obama to Russian President Vladimir Putin at a summit in China in early September 2016 to stop his country’s campaign to disrupt the U.S. election.

Is there no end? Everything you can see or read in the last 18 months has been condemning Trump when it is coming to light that much of this was either planned, allowed to happen or part of a larger plan.

edit on Julpm31pmf0000002018-07-18T12:49:03-05:001203 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on Julpm31pmf0000002018-07-18T12:49:58-05:001258 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

It's obviously Trump's fault that his predecessor allowed Russia to hack the nation's election process.

LMAO! The circus is ready today, send in the clowns.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

It's obviously Trump's fault that his predecessor allowed Russia to hack the nation's election process.

Oh, they'll show up...
I heard about this a while back when listening to Mark Levin.
It sounds like this entire saga was planned - leave the door open after you sold your house and then blame the new owner for letting in a burglar when they turn up to find the place ransacked.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

This is old news it just wasn't on CNN so most don't know about it.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Unfortunately, this information is not getting out....MSM is ignoring Obama's role in maliciously creating this anti-Trump atmosphere, Hillary's Russian $$ connections and the extreme bias in FBI, CIA. I really don't see how this will get better with anti-Trump propaganda still ramping up and the MSM worshipping angry liberals. My hope is fading.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Obama was President
Brennan was CIA Director
Clapper was Director of National Intelligence
Mueller was FBI Director
Comey was FBI Director

When Russians Attacked America. And these leaders wished Russia all the best, instead of defending our nation!

Tell me Mr. Brennan...WHO are the traitors once again???

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I'll take Trump for $100. At least that's what CNN tells me.
edit on 18-7-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Trump was president from 2008 to 2016.

Obviously you are just covering for him because he allowed Russia to act without any issue.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
So Trump was set up.

Instead, Obama officials chose another course of action after becoming frustrated that Republican leaders on Capitol Hill would not endorse a bipartisan statement condemning Russian interference and fearful that any unilateral action by them would feed then candidate Donald Trump’s claims that the election was rigged.

Yep.

Trump was SET the EFF UP.

ILLEGAL Wiretaps.

Foreign paid Dossiers.

Hack FBI agents.

SET UP!

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zoyd23
Unfortunately, this information is not getting out....MSM is ignoring Obama's role in maliciously creating this anti-Trump atmosphere, Hillary's Russian $$ connections and the extreme bias in FBI, CIA. I really don't see how this will get better with anti-Trump propaganda still ramping up and the MSM worshipping angry liberals. My hope is fading.

Rest assured that the media no longer has any power and those that are joining them from the political side are just trying to cling to power by any means necessary. They are losing.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Obama was President
Brennan was CIA Director
Clapper was Director of National Intelligence
Mueller was FBI Director
Comey was FBI Director

When Russians Attacked America. And these leaders wished Russia all the best, instead of defending our nation!

Tell me Mr. Brennan...WHO are the traitors once again???

This here is the key to everything. These people WERE in power.

Any leftist libtard arguing against this is either extremely ignorant or posting disinfo, its as simple as that.

The MSM has been loud these last couple of days, on a Russian blitz, shouting as loud as they can. Sure, they drowned out alot of stuff in the news cycle and some even thought Trump was against the ropes, nope.

We are all reminded of the shady crap that went during the last Admin and its leftover goons running obstruction and interference.

Trump is exactly where he needs to be.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
It's old news but always worth sharing this info.

People seems to forget that all of this happened during Obama's watch.

He knew about the Russians trying to influence the election.

Brennan knew.

Comey knew.

All of the Dem chiefs knew and now they are screaming at the public to vote for them.

Do you get it now?

They're being exposed. THIS is damage control.
edit on 18/7/2018 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Zoyd23

Rest assured that the media no longer has any power and those that are joining them from the political side are just trying to cling to power by any means necessary. They are losing.

Absolutely, agreed.

What we are witnessing are the death throes, screaming their loudest, like all things that what to end with a bang.

I can't but help feel that THIS was their moment, a Trump and Putin summit, something to spin, but they couldn't, rather, scream and moan about something with no evidence at all.

For all their screeching, they managed to move the leftist base a bit, but like their "blue wave", nothing but a trickle 😏

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Dbl post

Sorry ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
edit on 18-7-2018 by Arnie123 because: Heh

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Are we saying the Deep State was in on this with the Russians and the Deep State helped Trump get elected and helped the Russians sabotage Hillary's campaign? And with the FBI tanking Hillary's chances just days before the election, that would seem to confirm that theory.

There's a lot of stars and agreement flying around here, just wanna make sure everyone understands the implications -- the Deep State knew Russia was interfering and let them do it, so they knowingly helped DJT get elected. The Shadow Government did.

If what this thread implies is true, what does that tell us about Donald Trump and his backers?
edit on 18-7-2018 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron
Are we saying the Deep State was in on this with the Russians and the Deep State helped Trump get elected and helped the Russians sabotage Hillary's campaign? And with the FBI tanking Hillary's chances just days before the election, that would seem to confirm that theory.

There's a lot of stars and agreement flying around here, just wanna make sure everyone understands the implications -- the Deep State knew Russia was interfering and let them do it, so they knowingly helped DJT get elected. The Shadow Government did.

If what this thread implies is true, what does that tell us about Donald Trump and his backers?

Considering the FBI was (and still is) covering up Clintons crimes, I'd say claiming that they were NOT working to sabotage her campaign... but maybe I'm missing something.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

What do you mean tanked her chances?

She was never supposed to lose. Even up until about 8 pm or so on election night, she carried a heavily favored chance of winning.

She carried the popular vote. The problem is that the votes she carried were all concentrated too much into too few states, and she ignored states she should have spent time campainging in taking for granted that they had never not voted Democrat. She ruined her own chances.

If the Democrats had run a halfway competent candidate, they would have won, but they ran her.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The Obama/DNC "Plan A" was to let "Russians" appear to infiltrate and then expose it when Hillary becomes Prez.

They knew the "influence" had no chance of changing the votes.

"Plan B" is what we are seeing now.

Neither "Plan" was smart.

💥😃💥

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

Not exactly. I personally don't believe this Russian nonsense had one iota of impact on the actual election results. If anything, I've always been suspect that the Russian involvement was geared more towards ensuring Clinton took the White House while providing the illusion that she's an enemy of Russia, which would then deflect from her and her Staff's long, rich history of accepting Russian money in exchange for business benefits and Uranium sales. The deep state would have benefitted tremendously because "OMG, Russian!" has always equaled "Oh, a good excuse to develop even more rigorous spying, wiretapping, and monitoring of American citizens" dating back into the McCarthy era. If there's anything the NSA and FBI loves it's more freedom to pry into American lives.

In other words, Obama, Clinton, and Putin's plans failed on election day. They overthought this far too much and mucked it up.
edit on 18-7-2018 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

Well now, you're assuming that was Russian intention, to help Trump. Far as I can see, it was to create chaos and run intereference, the USUAL CRAP.lol, ye, they've BEEN doing this, for quite some time actually, as does the US and other nations.

Its only now coming to light as a result of the leftist controlled liberal media and their obsession an hatred for Trump. Never ending quest to dig up dirt is now exposing standard practice in places citizens shouldn't be.

Secondly, the "deepstate" is like Hydra, there is always someone ready to take the reigns and slither in the crawl spaces of our institutions, money talks and power walks.

Infact, as for the deepstate knowing, like another thread pointed out on Cyber hacking and standown orders from Obama admin, whatever counter measure was brewing was effectively killed as a result of that standown order and left, under assumptions, that the next incoming admin would be taking over.

This tells me one thing, status quo. Eight years of rooting in place and ill practices leaves alot to clean up for the incoming admin.

Other then Oppo research, Trump campaign was all American, USDA Grade A plus baby, Big Mac, Large Fry and a diet coke, f# outta here.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join