It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More crumbs for Nancy... new tax cut being debated.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

And they know they won't keep it unless the spice keeps flowing.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

That's the big reason I support allowing private institutions to handle some charitable giving... when government gives out charity, the opportunity for fraud is ripe because government has so many regulations and the fraudsters are, as you say, very adept at using those regulations for an unfair advantage. Private organizations have less regulations, and can take into account non-quantifiable aspects, like is this guy lying? Is this person really disabled?

Do you realize there are disabled people in this country who can't get government benefits because they are too poor to undergo the medical tests needed to determine disability? There are others who are perfectly capable of working, but who choose not to because the welfare check they have been taught since birth on how to get is worth more than a part-time entry level job, and it allows them to make a side income in drugs. That is a crime by any standard I can think of. But it still happens, because government cannot look at the situation subjectively and see the problems. Objectivity is critically important, but it cannot cover every possible condition.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Make no mistake President Trump is not crazy. Crazy like a Fox perhaps... The opposition has let down their guard, that is North Korea and Russia, thinking 'that was easy' ...

We have isolated Iran even more, brought gas prices down and placed the possibility of war further from the past theatre it occupied.

President Trump owes NO ONE. He can devise and secure his will without baggage. Lets wait a couple months or so and see where all this goes. That is, when Fall is on the horizon and winter approaches.

Give him time to work more on taxes. Pelosi.... ? she's as relevant as McCain.... not too. Both coming to the end of whatever usefulness they might have been.
edit on 18-7-2018 by Plotus because: Ah ha ha ha ha ha

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Soon you will have some screeching going on how Trump is going to take away social security from seniors to pay for it.

I would bet money on it.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

I agree... crazy like a fox. And the rest of our leaders? Chickens. Result? Fat fox.

Anyway...
The only thing I have heard for certain thus far is they are wanting to make the present cuts permanent, which I consider a good thing. The schedule I have heard is to have it passed by either September or October (and I have no doubt that reads "before the November election"). I just figured someone would let us know early what the talking points against it will be.

And Nancy... yeah, she has just risen to the stoopidity level to where I can hardly talk without making a Pelosi joke lately... "How do you get Nancy Pelosi out of a tree?" "Mow the yard and leave a trail of crumbs."

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
Soon you will have some screeching going on how Trump is going to take away social security from seniors to pay for it.

I would bet money on it.

Social security is a total flop and should be abolished.
It accounts for a hair over 6% of my salary.
Nearly two and a half hours out of every 40 hour week is taken from me and given to... wait, where DOES that money go?

Many people wonder where their Social Security tax dollars go.

Generally, out of every dollar you pay in Social Security taxes: 72 cents goes to a trust fund that pays monthly benefits to retirees and their families.
That works out to an average monthly benefit of $1,369 or $16,428 a year.

16 cents goes to disabled benefits. The average monthly payment there was $1,172.

9 cents goes to survivor benefits
The survivor benefits supplemented the income of spouses and children of deceased workers. They come in handy, since the SSA estimates that one in eight adults in their 20s today will die before reaching retirement age.

Less than 1 cent goes to pay for administrative costs.

Well, none of it goes to me. I'll never see a dime of that 'retirement' money.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Well, none of it goes to me. I'll never see a dime of that 'retirement' money.

Well if you're under 62 and not disabled, you won't see any of it until you either hit 62 or become disabled.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join