It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone getting political text messages ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Yesterday when I first woke up. I had a message waiting on my phone. A rarity in all reality. The gist was Trump bad, Hep uz git rid of Bad Trump.

Needless to say my response was a very colorful Eff off, and apparantely it didn't work. I got another reply say 'well take you out of our system'.

I'd like to know where the hell they got my number from.

Any Ideas?

Anyone else getting democratic political spam?

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

No, but I have had republican Robo Calls....BTW, trump is bad....if you did not see that 2 days ago, there is no hope for you....There are Russians on ATS too....I have 0 doubt.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Opinion, and they are like door knobs.

Everyone has one.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

No, but I get calls from California all the time asking me to enroll in their state health insurance marketplace.

I haven't lived in California since 2012, no matter what I do I can't get them to stop calling me.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I never got one before but if I did I would troll them too just because. Interesting now this is becoming the new norm. Spamming people with texts that say "PLEZ VOTE FOR ME. K THX"

Politicians really think the American public are too stupid to think for themselves...Wow.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   
This is going to bug me for a while.

The only social media I use is ATS.

Are they so desperate they are cold calling ?

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   

What happened to the blue wave?

The desperation of the left is more apparent now than ever.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The only silver lining is it was in english not spanish.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Oh and your political spam message of the day.

ENJOY! VOTE FOR ME. K. THANKS

Be grateful we aren't spammed with propaganda videos every week between now and mid-terms.

edit on 18-7-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I NEVER give my phone number,I change my number often,don't have a smart phone and don't do social media.

No issues here...go figure??

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

What happened to the blue wave?

The desperation of the left is more apparent now than ever.

It looks more like a rain drop hitting a puddle. Not really much of a wave really, unless you magnify it enough.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I get it from *both* sides. and hilariously enough- BOTH sides are just as manipulative, hysterical (not in a ha ha way), and money grubbing. According to the emails I get, both sides will die a horrible death, taking the rest of us along with them unless they get your support (otherwise known as MONEY). Since nothing has actually changed in how life goes, neither side gets so much as one red cent. I'm still subject to crummy medical insurance, lousy treatment, and wholesale ignoring of the problems that people face- for example- when it snows or ices over where I live- not so much as an old guy with a shovel and salt goes down the road to clear it- we're on our own.

I own a half paid for 2014 Kia. What do the politicians own? 2-3 luxury cars, 2-3 houses- and how did they get them?

BY BEGGING FOR MONEY.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

No, but I have had republican Robo Calls....BTW, trump is bad....if you did not see that 2 days ago, there is no hope for you....There are Russians on ATS too....I have 0 doubt.

Ummm...Da Komrad...Vee heff infiltrate AST...

Vee vill post funny funny ha ha uf moose and squirrel to change elekshun...

Peek achoo heff nuthink on us...Vee poke ee mon go four drop site...

All uf yor base belonk to us...

Komrad...

YouSir

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Hmmm, o.k. then, that DOES make it a bit weird. I have only gotten one such text but it was a campaign text. We have a special election for a vacated State Senate seat so I guess the just one isnt a surprise although it did sort of spook me.

If what you report becomes a trend, its going to be over the top annoying.

My wife uses a reverse number look up to find the source of robo "calls" which we get a lot. Would that work to find the issuer of robo-texts? Maybe you could do that to force an opt-out?

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Maybe you could do that to force an opt-out?

I think that's mission accomplished.

Happens again I will do a reverse lookup.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

You don't think ATS has "connections"

It wasn't a cold call...

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

There are Russians on ATS too....I have 0 doubt.

Oh I'm sure... They play both sides of every argument so it makes it impossible to know who they are.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

There are Russians on ATS too....I have 0 doubt.

Oh I'm sure... They play both sides of every argument so it makes it impossible to know who they are.

It's easy to spot the sockpuppets if you have even a basic knowledge of syntax and diction.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I've never heard of anyone getting spam messages from political parties here in the UK....I think there'd be quite a severe backlash if there was....probably because most people are so apathetic and the thought that their lives were getting interrupted by something as irrelevant as politics would be viewed as outrageous!

I do get pissed off with the number of cold calls I get on my landline, so much so I turn it off when I'm alone in the house and I think I've persuaded 'er indoors to finally get rid of it.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I hear you. A day or two ago I had a missed call that caller id claims was CNN. Wish I had been paying attention to the phone, just a chance it was a survey, I would have loved to say I only respond to real networks.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join