It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beginning to dread summer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
It's making me miserable, just feel constantly wet, can't sleep good, sucks the energy out of me, makes workouts harder, makes even sitting doing nothing harder (I'm not even joking)

Come on Autumn ... I'm ready for you!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley Yes, despite, the alt right, who think its 1980 say, global warming is not real....All one has to do is look at the polar icecaps from 1980 to today, and they are clearly going bye bye...…

As for you, cant you buy a window air conditioner? I am in So Cali, we broke records last week, it was 118 here in the San Fernando Valley.

edit on 18-7-2018 by kurthall because: add

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

Yeah, summer ain't for sissies, that's for sure!

But here's the good thing... after a really long hot miserable day, after the sun goes down and there's a nice breeze, when you're sweaty and gritty and sticky and absolutely miserable, there's nothing better than taking a refreshing bath or shower and then sitting outside and letting the breeze waft over you while sipping iced tea or lemonade...

And if you hadn't felt so darn awful earlier, then it would never feel sooooooooooooo wonderful later.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Dude, you want heat? I am in West Texas and its 9:30 a.m. and 101 degrees farenheit! We will top out at 113 this afternoon. Thank the Lord, its only 25% humidty or the vultures would be dropping out of the sky. And we have a Sahara dust storm hazing everything and causing a temperature inversion.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

CJCrawley,

I have ALWAYS hated summer. Sure, I love cricket, and I love barbecue food, and I love rock festivals, but damn my eyes, I HATE strong sunlight, and I hate, loathe, despise entirely, the all encompassing heat of summer. If I could live in perpetual winter, without any hope of relent, I would welcome it, I would savour it like a fine wine upon the tongue, or the feel of silk upon skin.

The blasted heat is my one true bane, because like nothing else I have ever experienced, not sickness, not drunkenness, not even a severe beating and attendant concussion, that heat saps my strength, disturbs my balance, and utterly confounds my every effort to progress. It burns the flesh, it overheats the blood, its a bloody nuisance and jolly unpleasant.

There has never been a winter that could stop me in my tracks, like summers like this do.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
It's not global warming. The gulf stream changing course is an act of God.

And this coming Hurricane season will smite the sinners and sodomites bigly!!

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Northern California here.

Expected high today is 102F with smoke due to multiple wildfires.

On the positive side, I’m fully acclimated for my eventual trip to Hell.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
1000's are being treated for heat stroke in Japan. Police are finding people dead on the streets and in the countryside. It is hot here and the Asian sun is extremely dangerous.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Dude, you want heat? I am in West Texas and its 9:30 a.m. and 101 degrees farenheit! We will top out at 113 this afternoon. Thank the Lord, its only 25% humidty or the vultures would be dropping out of the sky. And we have a Sahara dust storm hazing everything and causing a temperature inversion.

Yes but you've all got nice, cool, air conditioned houses.

British houses don't have ACs.

People would need to start dying in the streets before the PTB cottoned on.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
1000's are being treated for heat stroke in Japan. Police are finding people dead on the streets and in the countryside. It is hot here and the Asian sun is extremely dangerous.

Just out of curiosity, how does that Asian sun compare to the Caucasian or Black sun? Hispanic sun?

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Does your government not allow A/Cs?

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

It's Summer , stop moaning the cold will be here soon enough.
If you're hot buy a fan.

British summers are much MUCH hotter than they were pre, say, 1995.

Guess you don't remember the Summer of 76 then , this year is turning into a repeat of that.

I work outdoors and am lovin it.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Yea, we have AC's; right now and throughout the summer, the thermostat is set at 82 degrees. Some days, its actually cooler to sit out under a tree if there's a breeze blowing.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
In 6 months time we will all be complaining again about the snow drifts and lack of sunlight.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

It's Summer , stop moaning the cold will be here soon enough.
If you're hot buy a fan.

British summers are much MUCH hotter than they were pre, say, 1995.

Guess you don't remember the Summer of 76 then , this year is turning into a repeat of that.

I work outdoors and am lovin it.

Oh, I remember it well. Never been as glad to see winter. But that was a one off.

Buy a fan, are you kidding? Never had the damn thing off.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

Does your government not allow A/Cs?

There are ACs in public buildings, like supermarkets and banks. But they don't construct houses with built-in ACs like they do in the US. Obviously don't think it's necessary.
edit on 18.7.2018 by CJCrawley because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   

I see.

Well, to be fair, there are plenty of homes in the US that don't have "central air," as we call it, and rely on portable A/C or window units to get the job done.

I guess my question was revolving around your claim that the government wouldn't cotton to it--do they prohibit central air in homes?

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I guess my question was revolving around your claim that the government wouldn't cotton to it--do they prohibit central air in homes?

No, not at all.

Britain is a northerly country (53° latitude) and has always been on the cold side. But for the Gulf Stream, we would be covered in snow and ice for 6 months of the year.

It takes time to come round to the idea that the climate is changing and the place is getting hotter.

Our government is currently preoccupied with making houses that minimise heat loss in winter.

So you can see that it will be a while before ACs become the norm in the domestic setting.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join