It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Viris Message FF is Infected

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I got this message : (I dont know how to paste snips on here so I can only put the text on here; sorry - A.G.E.

safety.microsoft.com.aolqhf.zyelvpuzgyhvxmdh27bhj6ijgecurw.stream...

DOWNLOAD REQUIRED
Your Windows is badly damaged! (33.2%)
Please download Speedup PC 2018 to remove the (3) viruses from your Windows 7.
VIRUS INFORMATION

Virus Name: Ransomware 2.0; Trojan.Win32.SendIP.15
Risk: HIGH
Infected files: /C:WINDOWSSystem32migrationADJF9009en.@*fgwindows.exe;/ C: WINDOWS System32 Drivers spoclsv.exe

VIRUS REMOVAL

Application: Speedup PC 2018
Rating: 9.9/10
Price: Free

my computer is slow after having uninstalled and reinstalled only a few days ago.

I run Windows 7 Home Premium
Service Pack 1 Build 7601
8 gb RAM

IS this message real or is it rubbishware crap or should I download the free Speedup PC 2018 they want me to download

thanks

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

don't click. second.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   

I clicked your link using Firefox. Do NOT worry. Your PC is NOT infected! It's a trick site trying to scare you. Ignore and do not visit it again. Hope it helps.

ETA Download NOTHING from that site. Then you probably will have a virus.
edit on 18/7/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   

should I download the free Speedup PC 2018 they want me to download
*inhales*

DO NOT D/L OR RUN THAT SPEEDUP PC SOFTWARE!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to Windows' security forums and see what tools and help they can provide.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   

*Pops back in*

Try updating your service pack, too.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue
I got this message : (I dont know how to paste snips on here so I can only put the text on here; sorry - A.G.E.

safety.microsoft.com.aolqhf.zyelvpuzgyhvxmdh27bhj6ijgecurw.stream...

DOWNLOAD REQUIRED
Your Windows is badly damaged! (33.2%)
Please download Speedup PC 2018 to remove the (3) viruses from your Windows 7.
VIRUS INFORMATION

Virus Name: Ransomware 2.0; Trojan.Win32.SendIP.15
Risk: HIGH
Infected files: /C:WINDOWSSystem32migrationADJF9009en.@*fgwindows.exe;/ C: WINDOWS System32 Drivers spoclsv.exe

VIRUS REMOVAL

Application: Speedup PC 2018
Rating: 9.9/10
Price: Free

my computer is slow after having uninstalled and reinstalled only a few days ago.

I run Windows 7 Home Premium
8 gb RAM

IS this message real or is it rubbishware crap or should I download the free Speedup PC 2018 they want me to download

thanks

FAKE! DO NOT CLICK!.If you see such things...just hit the power button off and turn back on.

DONT FOLLOW ANY INSTRUCTIONS IT GIVES...when in doubt..go to the MS website itself

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   
That's a very common scam... When some website popup tells you your computer is infected and you need to download some program to fix it, that program is malware. In fact, if you did any kind of search for "Speedup PC 2018", you'd see that.

If you have no antivirus, try Avast and Malwarebytes.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
If you see such things...just hit the power button off and turn back on.

Why would you turn your computer off because you saw a website popup? That's completely unnecessary. Even if your browser has become completely locked, you can simply kill the offending tab with the task manager, and everything is back to normal.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Read

Torrent ?

edit on 7/18/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Yes!
You must download it! Do not listen to these trolls!

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

only because those who don't grasp that like you and me....it's just easy to not click anything but to just kill your power, popup disappears...and reboot (turns back on as a new session).

Surprising how people don't grasp the task mgr's purpose...whereas you and I do...

it's just an easy fix....it'll come back on next time saying "your computer did not shut down correctly..please wait while we reboot"-something like that.

Ransom pages work like that too...don't click off...just hit the main pwr off.

It's the simplest way for "Jimmy or Janey Normal" who aren't too computer savvy.

You are right of course...for the rest of us! Thanks, Best, MS
edit on 18-7-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Ransomware.

2nd.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   
The version I once got (I was nowhere near any dodgy sites) was "Firefox needs a manual update", with a link to click.
The message wouldn't allow me to back out, close, or minimise, so I had to power down. Everything normal afterwards.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

After opening the link provided I get a solid red screen and a warning, "Deceptive Site Ahead, bla, bla bla". "Google Safe Brousing recently detected......". Delete the message and scram!

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Work from the first slash backward and if it doesn't purport to a good domain but a load of crap then its a good old fashions scam.

www.microsoft.com.scammer.scum/please_give_money.html ....always hover over any link that looks strange and if it looks dodgy then kick it in the can.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
That's a very common scam... When some website popup tells you your computer is infected and you need to download some program to fix it, that program is malware. In fact, if you did any kind of search for "Speedup PC 2018", you'd see that.

If you have no antivirus, try Avast and Malwarebytes.

I cant use MB because its windows are too big for the screen, the buttons at the bottom are not visible. Tried all the usual fixes but I am not prepared to reduce screen size just to suit one program but its not bad otherwise.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Thanks for all the advice people. As it turned out I looked it up and ditched it.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

Thanks for all the advice people. As it turned out I looked it up and ditched it.

You should probably do a malware scan of your pc since you had it installed.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maxatoria
Work from the first slash backward and if it doesn't purport to a good domain but a load of crap then its a good old fashions scam.

www.microsoft.com.scammer.scum/please_give_money.html ....always hover over any link that looks strange and if it looks dodgy then kick it in the can.

I've been telling folks for years about hovering over email senders...it may appear to be from your friend or family...but hovering reveals an unrecognizable sending isp...that is DEF. not them!

Thanks! MS

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maxatoria

good advice

new topics

join