It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Ignores Putin Claim Of $400 Million Funneled To Hillary Campaign

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Doctor Smith

Of course the MSM is screaming about anything other than the cogent point by another world leader because they corruptly supported the corrupt Hillbot. Most people with a working brain tuned out of news channels because of this useless propaganda they spew at us. Nicklodeon reruns get more ad revenue than CNN for real!

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Kharron

Thank goodness it was 'fact checked'....do you know anything about this guy?

Browders company Hermitage Capital Management at one time was the largest foreign portfolio investor in Russia. He gave up his US citizenship in 98 to avoid taxes. In 2017 was part of a criminal conviction and Russia tried to put him on an Interpol list. He is tied to Sergei Magnitsky. He was barred from Russia in 2005.He knows Putin personally. He testified last year to the US senate Judiciary Committee. Oh, and he is from Obamas home town.

If ANYONE knows what this guy does it is the Russians. This guy is a dirtbag but hey let's believe him over anyone else.

Almost everything you said is wrong, except that he may be from Obama's town. Does that matter? He emigrated to Britain 29 years ago. Does being born there make him a Kenyan Russian spy?

The last post on the previous page links to his article/letter that he did yesterday with the TIME magazine. I suggest reading it to get some more info on this guy; it has many, many links in the article as evidence Russia is lying. This guy and the Magnitsky Act that he started up and that is now spreading to many countries is very, very dangerous to Putin and his oligarchs.

Well, just read it, it's good info.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

"According to a Russian spokesperson" isn't Putin backtracking. Have anything showing Putin himself saying it?

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Let's put it this way:

Media ignores disinformation from a former KGB officer.

Stated that way, what the media did not only makes sense. It's their job.

But you can find the story on RT. And other sources captive to Russia. And judge it for yourself.

Because in the US, we allow access to this stuff. In Russia, they murder journalists.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Moresby

Because in the US, we allow access to this stuff. In Russia, they murder journalists.

I think you forgot the US govt. murder of journalist Andrew Breitbart, just to name one.

I think you have a distorted view of freedom of opinion in the USA.

edit on 18-7-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

(post by cfnyaami removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
Interesting take on 'past proves present'.......

Where did Donald get THAT information? From his friend Putin?

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Doctor Smith

Oh, and the whole $400M thing is a joke. Check out what Politifact and others have said.

Are you sure you're not working for Putin? www.poli... tifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2018/jul/16/vladimir-putin/putins-pants-fire-claim-about-400-million-donation/

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Pretty sure it's against the law for foreign governments to give campaign contributions. It's also against the law not to report campaign contributions.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: proteus33
a reply to: loam

Pretty sure it's against the law for foreign governments to give campaign contributions. It's also against the law not to report campaign contributions.

Not if the money goes to a PAC or a Super PAC. Besides, Putin himself admitted that it was a legal transaction, but that the money itself was from illegal activity.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

The AP seems to be making the same bad assumptions many of us are making: assumptions without waiting for the facts. So far all we know is what Putin said. I took the time to transcribe it from the video:

Putin: Now, let's get back to the issue of these 12 alleged intelligence officers, uh, of Russia. I don't know the full extent of the situation, but President Trump mentioned the issue and I will look into it. So far, I can say the following: I think that, off of my head, we have enacting an existing agreement between the United States of America and the Russian Federation, am extradition treaty that dates back to 1999. Uh, the mutual assitance is on criminal cases. This treaty is in full effect and works quite efficiently. On average, we initiate 100, 150 criminal cases non requests from foreign states. For instance the Latvia, there was one extradition case that, upon the request sent by the United States. So this treaty has significantly good procedures. We can offer that the appropriate commission headed by, mmm, by special attorney Mueller, he can use this treaty as a solid foundation and send a formal, an official request to us so that we would interrogate, hold questioning of this individuals who he believes, uh, are privy to some crime, and our enforcement are perfectly able to do this questioning and send the appropriate information to the United States.

Moreover, we can meet you halfway; we can make another step. We can actually permit official representatives of the United States, including the members of this very commission headed by Mr. Mueller, we can let them into the country and they will be present at this questioning. But in this case there is, uh, there is another condition of this kind, and this kind of effort should be a mutual one. That we would expect that the Americans would reciprocate and they, they would question officials including the, uh, officers of law enforcement and intelligence service of the United States whom we believe are, who have something to do with illegal actions toward the territory of Russia, and we have to request the presence of our law enforcement.

For instance, we can bring up the Mr. Browder in this particular case. Business associates of Mr. Browder have earned over and one half billion dollars in Russia. They never paid any taxes. neither in Russia nor the United States, and yet the money escaped the country. They were transferred to the United States. They send huge amount of money, 400 million as a contribution to the campaign of Hillary Clinton. Well, that's a sad personal case. It might have been legal, the contribution itself, but the way the money was earned was illegal. So we have a reason to believe that some intelligence officers accompanied and guided this transaction. So we have an interest of questioning them. We can also, that can be a first step and we can also extend it. Options abound and they all can be found and brought with legal framework.

Reporter: And did you direct any of your officials to help them do that?

Putin: Yes, I did. Yes, I did. Because he talked about bringing US-Russia relation back to normal.

Now, let's compare with the AP report you listed. The reference was made to Browder, but the method of transfer was not specified. I think it would be a safe bet to say that someone who illegally earned a substantial amount of money and skipped out on the taxes, would not likely then transfer the money via legal means to a campaign. Hillary Clinton has been accused on multiple occasions of using the infamous Clinton Foundation as a money laundering operation. Accusations are not proof, but they do serve to cast enough doubt on her financial activities to warrant at least an investigation... even moreso since the requesting entity for such an investigation is a sovereign nation with whom we desire to have normalized relations.

The AP wants to concentrate on Mr. Browder, but Putin only uses his name as an intro to his concern that US officials assisted him with the operation. He seems to want those officials questioned, not just Browder.

Now, this is all translated from Russian to English... did Putin mean $400,000,000 or $400,000? I don't think we can make a judgement call on that just yet, because Putin himself has not stated he was misinterpreted. I suspect we will know soon enough, as Putin has already instructed his officials to begin the process to allow questioning of the 12 Russians, and he will be expecting Trump to do the same. Knowing Trump and his desire for normalized relations with Russia, I have little doubt he has reciprocated already.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Oh, Putin claim huh? Yeh I'll definitely trust THAT!

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

He's a freaking Russian! He has total control of his media AND military! He set all of this stuff up from the start!

Edit: spelling
edit on 18-7-2018 by Starchild9250 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Starchild9250

He's a freaking Russian! He has total control of his media AND military! He set all of this stuff up from the start!

Edit: spelling

Let's stick to facts, not Fantasy!

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
Interesting take on 'past proves present'.......

Where did Donald get THAT information? From his friend Putin?

NO that one would be the Uranium One deal that was in all the papers and MSM but still allowed to occur.
edit on 18-7-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

And, Saudi Arabia gave $100 million to Ivanka's non-profit after Trump made an arms deal with them. So? Charity and war go hand and hand.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   

How many $100s of millions did Russia funnel to the GOP through the NRA and other Super Pacs? Funny how Putin has so much dirt on Democrats and nothing on Republicans, eh?

Russians Used NRA To Funnel Millions Into Trump Campaign, Report Claims www.inquisitr.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

How many $100s of millions did Russia funnel to the GOP through the NRA and other Super Pacs? Funny how Putin has so much dirt on Democrats and nothing on Republicans, eh?

Russians Used NRA To Funnel Millions Into Trump Campaign, Report Claims www.inquisitr.com...

My response.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 01:22 AM
link   

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join