It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Ignores Putin Claim Of $400 Million Funneled To Hillary Campaign

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Melen
If you are an American and you believe ANYTHING Putin says, move your self to Russia. You’re too stupid to be here. Unbelievable that anyone would suggest believing someone who was KGB and hates the US. You all have such a boner for Hillary that you’ve hopped on the stupid train going nowhere.

Stupid? Yoy want to talk stupid? You believe that we should trust the lying, scheming Democrats who have been busted at every turn for lying, thieving, colluding without own security services to take down our very own President, and even possible murder (associated deaths over 130 times = Hillary) and even colluding with Russia...the very thing they blame Trump for.....simply because they are “on our team”? Simply because it’s Country vs. Country?

You think we should trust the untrustable, or get out of our own country? How about we get all of those Liberal criminals to get the hell out of our country. they’re the ones destroying it, and selling America tomthe highest bidder.

Just because we are unfortunate enough to have the most evil, corrupt Liberals on earth running out government (or used to before Trump came to clean up the mess), doesn’t mean we have to support them or leaver the country so they can have OUR country to do their evil deeds. How about YOU grow up, and stop supporting the most evil, insane people on earth (Liberals), and get them the hell out of our country.

Again, we don’t have to leave our country simply because you’ve been brainwashed by CNN and MSNBC to support criminals and you don’t have the cognitive ability to use your own brain. This isn’t a football team that you support through anything, simply because it’s your team. These are people’s lives in the balance here, and it’s not a game of “my country vs. your country, and my country can do no wrong”. America is like any other country, and one may argue that we have done the most evil in the world.

Mostly because of Liberals and other war mongers like Bush. Obama,Bush, Hillary, Pelosi, Waters etc,...they’re all in on it together and our government has been hijacked for quite some time. You don’t support the criminals just because they are in our Government....you do what Tump is doing and route them out of the country, to be replaced with officials that we can be proud of.
edit on 18-7-2018 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

Again, we don’t have to leave our country simply because you’ve been brainwashed by CNN and MSNBC to support criminals and you don’t have the cognitive ability to use your own brain. This isn’t a football team that you support through anything, simply because it’s your team.

The claim is stupid is on its face. If it so easily passes through your bull# filter, I would suggest that *something* is short circuiting your capacity for rational thought.

Perhaps you should turn that gaze inward?

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

If you are an American and you believe ANYTHING Putin says, move your self to Russia. You’re too stupid to be here. Unbelievable that anyone would suggest believing someone who was KGB and hates the US. You all have such a boner for Hillary that you’ve hopped on the stupid train going nowhere.

Wow, that's really impressive, I managed to count 7 or 8 logical fallacies in that comment and you only used just over 50 words.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

And yes, I would believe Putin over ANY Democrat as well.

Seconded

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Except many on the left openly hate America too.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Speaking of retaliatory claims...

This entire Russia "meddling" bull# started for two reasons. First was retribution for the humiliating FBI espionage investigation against Clinton. Second was MSM/cry-baby reactions to her unexpected loss of the election.

The fact President Trump won the election was all the reason these people needed.

That is a retaliatory claim.

This is all about evidence. And if Russia comes forward with evidence, then Hillary Clinton should be prosecuted. There have simply been too many questionable incidents surrounding that smug, condescending, influence peddling perpetual candidate.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Speaking of known liars...

Anyone else remember when Adam Schiff and a litany of Democrats made the false claims that they had seen evidence of "collusion"?

Who else remembers that? Because clearly they were lying. Unless you believe they somehow saw something Mueller didn't

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

No thanks. Putin (and most Russians, actually) are far more credible/believable/trustworthy than your average far-left "activist" nut-job. The far-left and its useful idiots are proven liars with a demonstrably unwanted and unpopular agenda built on nothing but wedge/fringe issues that mainstream Americans don't give a damn about.

You won't win elections by hurling completely unfounded allegations (allegations are worthless until backed up with evidence).

Go Trump! Go Russia! Destroy those dirty "dems." (quotes because they aren't real Democrats/liberals)

Real Democrats actually support individual liberty/responsibility and have the maturity not to engage in mass-division over mere sour grapes from something as petty as merely losing an election to a far more popular/sane/rational agenda.

The alt-radical far left is completely unhinged.

I think I'd focus on reigning in your party's radical elements before attacking conservatives or stirring up shi# with a sovereign nation. The unhinged far-left has created an international incident with Russia thanks to their absolutely unfounded and frankly insane rhetoric.

They are absolutely losing it. I wonder if they ever to stop to consider how backwards and ridiculous the nonsense they spew really is?
edit on 7/18/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Nobody and I mean nobody has a boner for that nasty woman.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Muninn

Bill probably doesn't that's why he raped those women.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Muninn

Bill probably doesn't that's why he raped those women.

Ouch!

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Just joining this thread, so I haven't read all the pages. Has there been any credible links posted to this story, beside True Pundit or Gateway Pundit?

Has anyone in any way verified donations to the Clintons in those years to see if there are $400m in named or unnamed donations?

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Ahh alright looked this up. Looks like both presidents backtracked after their statements. Fact Check by Associated Press:

PUTIN, referring Monday to Bill Browder, a prominent Putin critic and investor charged with financial crimes in Russia: “Business associates of Mr. Browder have earned over $1.5 billion in Russia. They never paid any taxes, neither in Russia nor in the United States, and yet the money escaped the country. They were transferred to the United States. They sent huge amount of money, $400 million, as a contribution to the campaign of Hillary Clinton.”

THE FACTS: The notion of a $400 million donation to the Democrat’s campaign is a stratospheric exaggeration. On Tuesday, the Russian general prosecutor’s office said to little fanfare that Putin misspoke and meant $400,000.

The Clinton campaign committee raised less than $564 million. With supportive political action committees added to the equation, Clinton’s effort drew $795 million in donations. Putin’s initial figure suggested a huge chunk of her money came from a small cabal of financiers.

The reality is much less dramatic.

Browder’s New York financial partners, Ziff Brothers Investments, donated only $1.75 million in the 2016 campaign, spreading it among candidates for many offices in both parties and favoring Republicans in congressional races. The watchdog site opensecrets.org shows it giving only $17,700 for Clinton’s election and less than $300,000 to the Democratic National Committee, as well as smaller amounts to other entities.

Donations to Clinton came from diverse sources: the financial industry, education interests, Hollywood, unions, the health and pharmaceutical sectors and many more.

Associated Press

I don't think Putin made a mistake, he knew exactly what he was saying. Both the Presidents lied to us and then backtracked, both did it on purpose. And both lies were meant for Americans.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

So if it's only 400k it doesn't matter right?

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

So if it's only 400k it doesn't matter right?

You did't read it.

First, I never said $400k was alright or not, you did. The article fact checks those claims and the figure seems to be $17,700. From an American donor that Russia pretty much wants to kill.

Putin lied and he knew he lied. Then he backtracked and lied still with the $400k. He's dividing Americans with his lies and he knows exactly what he's doing.

I would suggest to all my country-mates here to fact check everything Putin says before they make the same mistake the President did and believe him over his own country.

Edit: In a nutshell, Putin is doing the same thing his 12 or more agents did during the election. Disinfo, division, lies, chaos, distraction. Except he's doing it Live instead through memes and fake posts. And after we just charged his government for doing that, the very same people fall for the very same thing, directly from Putin this time. *shakes head*
edit on 18-7-2018 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Can you point out in your link where Putin said he misspoke and backtracked? I'm not seeing in it where Putin said that?? Did I miss it?

I'm still curious as to why all MSM acted like he never said it. I can tell you one thing I've learned in my years at ATS, and that's when the media doesn't report on something, it's because it isn't supposed to be known by us.

I'm not sold on him confusing the word thousand with million. In a language he has been speaking his whole life? Come on...

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Thank goodness it was 'fact checked'....do you know anything about this guy?

Browders company Hermitage Capital Management at one time was the largest foreign portfolio investor in Russia. He gave up his US citizenship in 98 to avoid taxes. In 2017 was part of a criminal conviction and Russia tried to put him on an Interpol list. He is tied to Sergei Magnitsky. He was barred from Russia in 2005.He knows Putin personally. He testified last year to the US senate Judiciary Committee. Oh, and he is from Obamas home town.

If ANYONE knows what this guy does it is the Russians. This guy is a dirtbag but hey let's believe him over anyone else.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Doctor Smith

I would believe Putin over any Democrat.

Mission accomplished.

Why aren't they anxious to prove Putin wrong. Make him prove it. It is because they know Putin is absolutely correct.

Prove that unicorns aren't real.

The whole idea that any one person or in this case, two people, would drop $400 million in contributions to a single presidential campaign is absurd on its face. The Ziff family has an estimated net worth of about $12-14 billion. How much of that is actually liquid? A fraction.

What would they expect to get out of investing a huge chunk of their liquid assets in electing a candidate who was already favored to win?

According to FEC filings, the TOTAL receipts for the Clinton campaign were $585,699,061.27. Did you even for a second stop to consider the logistics of keeping 40% of a campaign's finances off the books? What it would take to spend $400 million without reporting those expenditures to the FEC?

What this shows more than anything is that Putin thinks the American people are stupid. And sadly, the flags on this thread aren't much of a rebuke of this notion.

Also, you're wrong about "the media is ignoring this" as is usually the case when that claim is made by somebody upset that everyone isn't as susceptible to buying into nonsense as they are.

The claim was in fact reported on by The New York Times, The Washington Post, Bloomberg News, ABC News, CNN, Fox News and many other mainstream outlets.

Finally, I'll remind you of what Putin actually said (from the Fox News link):

“Business associates of Mr. Browder have earned over $1.5 billion in Russia,” said Putin via an interpreter. “They never paid any taxes -- neither in Russia or the United States and yet the money escaped the country.”

According to Putin, Browder’s associates contributed $400 million to Hillary Clinton’s campaign—and while the contribution itself may have been legal, he said, “the way the money was earned was illegal.”

Putin's actual claim is that the money was *legally* contributed to the Clinton campaign but that the money itself was ill-gotten gains from tax evasion. Setting aside that the whole thing is preposterous af, the claim he actually made is easily debunked.

Putin's Pants-on-Fire claim about $400 million donation to Clinton from Bill Browder partners

Did Browder's associates send $400 million to Hillary Clinton's campaign?

No. We found $17,700 donated to Clinton and another $297,000 to the Democratic National Committee.

But hey, maybe Putin simply misspoke.

So the Clinton campaign received 500 million dollars? 500 frickin million??? HALF A BILLION DOLLARS!!!

Damn!

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Simon_Boudreaux

Can you point out in your link where Putin said he misspoke and backtracked? I'm not seeing in it where Putin said that?? Did I miss it?

I'm still curious as to why all MSM acted like he never said it. I can tell you one thing I've learned in my years at ATS, and that's when the media doesn't report on something, it's because it isn't supposed to be known by us.

I'm not sold on him confusing the word thousand with million. In a language he has been speaking his whole life? Come on...

For his part, Putin made the erroneous assertion in the news conference closing their summit that a clique of U.S. business associates steered $400 million to Hillary Clinton’s 2016 campaign.

On Tuesday, government officials in Moscow said he meant $400,000, not $400 million.

AP is being nice and neutral towards them. Other news agencies are covering the 'correction' differently.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Here's a lot more I found:

The Russian president, Vladimir Putin, dashed the hopes of conspiracy theorists across America on Tuesday by withdrawing the startling claim he made the day before in Helsinki, that Hillary Clinton’s campaign had received $400 million in donations from investors accused of tax evasion in Russia.

What he had intended to say, according to a Russian government spokesperson, was that business associates of the U.S.-born investor William Browder had donated $400,000 to Clinton’s campaign. (According to public campaign finance records, that figure also appears to be inflated.)
The Intercept

Here is another fact check, independent from the AP one, and they break down all donations. They contacted the Russian embassy on this and are getting no comment back.
Second Fact Check

And here is yesterday's interview with Bill Browder that the Russians have been trying to kill.
Time

What should we do? Fall for Putin's games and interference again? I bet he's laughing his arse off at how naive our people are.

Edit: He's a damn genius, Putin. He looks the President in the eye and tells him he did not lie to the American public and interfere with the public opinion and the elections and then he does it on camera again. Exact same tactics. On camera. Right after he denied it. He's making us look like fools.
edit on 18-7-2018 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join