It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I dunno what I saw for one instance?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Alright I am not sure if this is cryptozoo-zat or zis, lol? I understand what the meaning of "Cryptozoology" means and I am not sure I am even posting in the correct forum? I I thought about posting to "Skunkworks" Also. But thought this might be of a unrelated and unknown species type encounter? So here goes I guess.

Ok.
Over the fourth of July as usual I have my special BBQ. Filled with tasty treats like grilled peppers stuffed with Philly cheese and ham. Smoked baby back ribs with sweet sticky sauce and spicy herbs. Mean grilled corn on the cob.

But I digress.

Sitting in my Harbor Freight utility chair, relaxing with 25 oz natty. This thing landed on my forearm.

I know I am going to get flamed and cause some uproar with what I am going to try to explain

Insects have 6 legs right? And arachnids have 8 correct? Arthropods also have 6 legs, am I correct again?

Ok so here goes. What landed onto my right forearm was a nickle sized spider with wings.

I understand the physiology between a spider and a wasp. This was both. The wing muscles of a wasp was protruding out of a carapace around the pedicel , almost a extra module or partial body segment. It appeared the same as a small tarantula, but with Junebug like black wings (fat & Wide). I seen it long enough to visually identify 8 legs, pedipalps and fangs.

Please be gentle on me, this is my first thread.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   
How come you did not have your phone with you. While you were doing a movie, we could watch it sting you and see you turn into some strange creature. I suppose you brushed it off right away just so it would not bite you. Gee whiz.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Was that your first 25oz Natty? Just trying to get a baseline for details here.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
No idea what landed on you, but I would have been screaming like a girl.

LOL

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   
As seen through beer goggles, a spider wasp with its prey, taking a rest before flying on to its lair.

Over the weekend, I rescued a spider wasp from my ham shack. I still do not know how such a large wasp got into my house. She was grateful as she didn't sting me (very painful).

Now, a tarantula hawk, that's something else! Thank goodness they are mostly desert dwellers.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Disenchanted1

Cue the 1950's creature-feature music

I would have made a mess in my Harbor Freight chair.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
How come you did not have your phone with you. While you were doing a movie, we could watch it sting you and see you turn into some strange creature. I suppose you brushed it off right away just so it would not bite you. Gee whiz.
Like I said I was BBQ'in. And even if my phone had pic capability there would not have been time or able of grabbing for a camera for the matter. And i never mentioned brushing it away. that's what your mind saw. So...
edit on 17-7-2018 by Disenchanted1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I have almost finished writing up what I initially joined to discuss and it has to do with someone playing with the natural insects. It does not revolve around that but the small part that does I still can't believe what happened to this day. I mean...x files kinda stuff.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
Was that your first 25oz Natty? Just trying to get a baseline for details here.
Ok I admit I was drinking ( alot) but where would a spider with wings hallucination come from like that? Does alcohol actually cause real like visualizations [hallucinations]? At my body size I could drink 2-3 and barely feel a buzz. They taste sweet though, I like them.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Perhaps it was of mimicry. It occurs a lot with spiders and insects.

There's even a caterpillar that mimics Donald Trump:

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Possibly a pair of winged insects mating? could give the illusion of a single, huge arthropod with several extra appendages, if it were two dragonflies for example? or two crane flies fighting? I once observed a moth and a spider fighting, looked like one huge insect at first... until the moth dropped the spider.. or the spider let go of the moth.. a possible case of predation? a spider was hacking a fly? now i want to see one

edit on 7/18/2018 by Lr103 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I must add this however, I believe you posted this in the correct forum. I remember hearing about an astounding number of Arachnid specie (over 800) having been discovered over recent history in a single region around Mt Ranier Wa. U.S. (Mt Tahoma is the native name) . All were previously unknown to science. There could possibly be a flying, fanged spider out there somewhere. I hope there is. Next time smack it and stick it in a jar. Two of Washington's strangest arachnids

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Damn, that "meme" going around with the winged tarantula photo followed by someone saying they want to leave this planet has become reality.

Imagine if you will, "damn, there are alot of mosquitos around today", but upon closed inspection, tiny flying spiders. *cringe*

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Maybe it was a queen ant on her nuptial flight.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I saw something similar in Ithaca, Greece a few years back. Like a cross between a spider and a wasp, there were a few of them around, and they flew. Ugh! Stuff of nightmares.

Always wondered what they were.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 05:52 AM
link   
A quick search seems to suggest that there are no species of spiders with wings. There was an internet hoax apparently.

I cant find anything like what I saw in Ithaca, though. Weird.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
There is a moth that looks like a spider incrediblethings.com...

There are many other examples of mimicry in the insect world, so you need to start your search from the point of view that any impossible looking bug you’ve seen is some form of mimic, such as the hummingbird moth, which I’ve had the privilege of seeing only once in my life so far. It did a credible job of looking and acting like a small hummingbird.

Other interesting insect behavior comes from the world of ants, who sometimes carry each other and look like one large strange bug. owlcation.com...

join