It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How important is cultural homogeneity to a countries stability?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: rickymouse

completely idiotic

how the hell does that happen?

The money is meant to stimulate building of something that would never be done without the funding, stimulating the economy above normal. The streets are necessary, the funding cannot be used on something that will be done anyway.

It is hard to explain, give them what they do not need, they will fix what they do need somehow on their own.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   

that is a completely moronic view on how to manage capital

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

That is how government works sometimes, depending on where the available funds are coming from and what the grant is intended to do. I have known of this kind of weird stuff in funding since the early eighties when I was working at an agencies and had to help to write up a grant application. I have known some people over the years that also applied for grants, some at the country level. I guess if someone benefits, in the case of the roundabouts, local contractors, then it is good for the area, it creates work for people here.

This kind of stuff is not new, I first learned of it from people back in the seventies. Been happening all along all over the place.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

"So, how important is having a unique homogeneous culture?"
It only matters if the US had one, and the US doesn't, which is why, as a "Nation State" the US has turned from being "Exceptional" to nearly completely dysfunctional as it descends from something resembling a National Cultural Identity to a balkanized Identity Politics of fractured interests. Today, people identify with and vote "Their Tribe".

Do we want unique, individual differences or do we want a global unified culture?

It doesn't matter what we want. We have no control over that. Ultimately the Globalists will succeed. That said, what will be left will be "pockets" of "other" cultures that refuse to meld into and with the Global Unified Culture. They will of course be marginalized and relegated to the fringes of society and will have no political power whatsoever.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Hang in there bud. And I do do hear you.

A for effort but honestly as much as I’m for watering the tree of liberty should the need arise, we can’t take modern cues from slave-owning/loving forefather as gospel in the here and now.

edit on 18-7-2018 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Homogeneity cannot exist when certain groups of people claim "Racism" on everything. EVERYTHING.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

I'm not arguing for ethnic purity and Jefferson and washington although slave owning laid the path to end slavery and argued against it.

Also no one has all great ideas you have to apply a filter to everything and discern the good from the bad.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join