It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banks don't lend out the money their account holders deposit - they 'create' money for loans

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale
a reply to: ScepticScot

Islamic banking just uses charges/fees rather than interest.

every other bank charge fee's and many more charges + interest on money borrowed on top of that , use the ATM more than a certain times a month, there's a charge,

Deal with a bank teller instead of telephone or internet banking, charged.

Direct debit taken without enough funds, penalized with a fee for not having enough money.

The Idea that debt can't be paid off due to interest is a Myth.

all debt, yes it cannot be paid off because of how it was created.

The debt I have, yeah its easy pay off.

Banking systems vary.

Some countries use mainly fees. Some mainly interest. Some a mix of both. Its just the reality of different banking systems with different history and customer expectations.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Banking systems vary.

Yes,

that is what i pointed out with my first post.

Some countries use mainly fees. Some mainly interest.

Banks have branches in numerous differing countries, countries don't dictate if fees or charges will be paid or not, they can try and place legislation that restricts banks from charging certain fees but that's about it

they all charge fee's and all charge interest.

Its the interest rates that are differing in each country but they are also determined by the central banks of those countries which are all follow the regulations set by the BIS, so countries have no say how or how not banks operate once they open up shop.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Banking systems vary.

Yes,

that is what i pointed out with my first post.

Some countries use mainly fees. Some mainly interest.

Banks have branches in numerous differing countries, countries don't dictate if fees or charges will be paid or not, they can try and place legislation that restricts banks from charging certain fees but that's about it

they all charge fee's and all charge interest.

Its the interest rates that are differing in each country but they are also determined by the central banks of those countries which are all follow the regulations set by the BIS, so countries have no say how or how not banks operate once they open up shop.

Countries have a huge amount of influence and control over how banks operate. To suggest otherwise is astonishingly ill informed.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Countries have a huge amount of influence and control over how banks operate. To suggest otherwise is astonishingly ill informed.

Nope, very little influence and absolutely no control.

Suggest they do is being informed.

A bank is like any other business, governments being a business or corporation themselves have no control how you go about or operate your business unless you break laws.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
Being I. Possession of real money can switch your role from debtor to creditor. I use my lines of credit only for generating profit. We are not going to change the system. The rich people do that, and are doing it now. All we Need to remember is how to play by the rules to our benefit and success.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Nope, very little influence and absolutely no control.

Suggest they do is being informed.

A bank is like any other business, governments being a business or corporation themselves have no control how you go about or operate your business unless you break laws.

Banks in every country in the developed world operate under some of the strictest regulations of any business.

Governments are not corporations and have a great deal of control over how businesses operate.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I use my diminishing lines of credit these days to survive, essentially by robbing Peter to pay Paul.

All we need to remember is that "They" are bastards of the first order, and as to there rules, well if "They" can bend them so can the rest, hence the problem really.

All we need to do is round them up and hang them from the lampposts, then spread the wealth somewhat more evenly amongst the respective nations of our society.

End of the day the through, the common Man is not supposed to prosper in this day of age.
edit on 19-7-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join