It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

24 hours later, Trump claims he misspoke in Helsinki

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Lol, President Trump misspoke so many times! What are the odds? But clearly he actually meant to say 'Putin was weak and powerless' in his denial. Don't be attacking a man for an honest mistake now.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Flip flop. Though I suppose it's his perogative.
Just seems a tad shady, during such a political fiasco.
Wonder what tomorrow tweets shall bring.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: RMFX1

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Embarrassment

Almost intentionally so no?

The man is a frikkin clown.

Yeah it does almost feel like is doing crap like this s intentionally now.

Sometimes I wonder if trump just wants to troll the entire planet
edit on 18-7-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Oh good lawd!

a reply to: LesMisanthrope

And that's writing. Imagine what it sounds like off the cuff.

How dare you!

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Yeah it does almost feel like is doing crap like this s intentionally now.

It must just be me with my tinfoil hat on but... maybe he's intentionally making himself out to be an embarrassment so he has little to no chance of getting elected again in 2020?

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I don't believe Trump misspoke at all, but it was pretty damn obvious he was going to reverse those statements, whether on his own will or by the force of someone elses will, there's no way he was going to be allowed to take a position at direct odds with U.S. intelligence agencies days after they released their indictment against Russian hackers, which was clearly timed the way it was on purpose. To view this like it is some spontaneous flip flop is a very shallow interpretation of what happened.
edit on 18/7/2018 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   

I have to say it, but the more you guys peck at Trump the more I can't wait for him to win again. Your constant attacks are having an opposite effect. Each time you throw a pile of sh*t on the wall it slides down faster than the last pile you threw.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Fools

I have to say it, but the more you guys peck at Trump

So exposing Trump for lying is 'pecking' him? You do understand there's a world beyond that partisan bubble of yours? You can still be a die hard conservative or libertarian and call out Trump for his BS. You have that option you know? To think for yourself? Instead of letting others think for you.

Get back to me on how you feel about the above will ya?

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

I have to say it, but the more you guys peck at Trump

So exposing Trump for lying is 'pecking' him? You do understand there's a world beyond that partisan bubble of yours? You can still be a die hard conservative or libertarian and call out Trump for his BS. You have that option you know? To think for yourself? Instead of letting others think for you.

Get back to me on how you feel about the above will ya?

Lying? As if lying matters to someone who worships the DNC. That is all they do. Every word that oozes from their collective pieholes are lies. And if you think for a second that you aren't letting others think for you, I can only fear for your soul as there is little else I can do.

I still wholly support Trump and the more he is a bee in your (collective) bonnet the more it makes me laugh.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I actually don't think Trump misspoke and is wrong to concede even an inch of ground to the rancid leftists and the wholly corrupt US intelligence services.

When the US intelligence services actually produce some evidence that the Russian govt. was in any way involved then I will at least give them the time of day - until then, they are simply not credible. Neither is Putin. Which leaves us in a position that we don't know, which is in essence what Trump said originally and was spot on.

No amount of propaganda, squealing, or hysteria should cloud the fact that there is not a scintilla of evidence to support the accusations.

Warmongers on the left and RINOs seem to be doing everything they can to start a conflict with Russia. We ALL better hope that they are not successful. There was and is absolutely zero to gain by the media and lemming follower's hysteria. This entire issue is a counterintelligence challenge which should be met in private.

edit on 18/7/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   

I still wholly support Trump

You wholly support Trump because the DNC lies.... so Trump lying is irrevelant to this fact?

ok.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Is it just me or does it look like Trump is aging quickly? I know we've seen presidents age before us but he seems to be doing so quicker. Well he's not a pup to start with.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Is it just me or does it look like Trump is aging quickly? I know we've seen presidents age before us but he seems to be doing so quicker. Well he's not a pup to start with.

I think he has aged by just under 2 years since election night... they do seem to have gone quickly.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I actually don't think Trump misspoke and is wrong to concede

I love the soft rewording you went for there. Trump 'conceded' instead of 'lying'. There's a difference between those words you know? The former clearly doesn't apply to Trump given his 40 minute conference in Helsinki we have recorded for all to see.

He lied and it's not working out for him. You're not helping him one iota by making up excuses on this forum.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Trump has the single biggest ego on the planet. He constantly pats himself on the back for everything he does and says. He makes stuff up if he has to --- almost daily. Everything for him is the biggest, best, historic. He has to be the center of attention. People with his personality frequently create change and opposition just for the sake of doing it. So they are at the center. Trump got up on stage with Putin and decided to buck the system while he fawned over 'strong and powerful' Vlad (as he's done before). Afterwards, all his 'people' shared the nearly universal outrage and told him that many thought he was a traitor and an imbecile. Not good for Donnie's ego. His body language at the 'reversal' was telling. Arms tightly crossed, highly defensive. The only thing that was behind his reversal was an attempt to salvage his dented ego.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Awww...

"I didn't mean it wasn't Russians, I just wanted to say that it wasn't Putin cuz he said so!"

#MissSpook2018

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   

I actually don't think Trump misspoke and is wrong to concede

I love the soft rewording you went for there. Trump 'conceded' instead of 'lying'. There's a difference between those words you know? The former clearly doesn't apply to Trump given his 40 minute conference in Helsinki we have recorded for all to see.

He lied and it's not working out for him. You're not helping him one iota by making up excuses on this forum.

What excuses would they be?
He clearly meant what he said in Helsinki and in my view was 100% correct.
It's fairly obvious he has been pressured into backtracking - which is a mistake.

The bottom line here is that any form of Russian hacking should be handled via counterintelligence. A public display in front of Putin, like Obama's 'cut it out' (which was not even public), is a nonsense and would only be fluff for the gullible - and would be counterproductive. The task is to counter Russia or any other country that try to use cyber tactics.

Idiots - and I mean idiots - are screaming about treason, impeachment and subverting the Executive branch by subpoenaing a bl**dy translator when Congress have zero oversight on discussions between heads of state.... all because your President didn't say in public what they wanted him to say.
If you really want to be part of that ridiculous camp of morons then that is up to you.

edit on 18/7/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   

So then you'll concede that as a matter of fact Trump did lie by claiming he 'misspoke' back at the conference in Helsinki?

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Whatever Trump did it was genius lol.... it wasn't a lie, it wasn't an apology, it wasn't a flip flop LOL....It was a correction!

He trolled ya again lol.... genius!

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   

So then you'll concede that as a matter of fact Trump did lie by claiming he 'misspoke' back at the conference in Helsinki?

To confirm it as a lie you would have to prove that it was not him misspeaking. Over to you.
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you don't understand what a lie is (common on the left - at least when they cling like babies to their 'Trump lying register').

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join