It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

24 hours later, Trump claims he misspoke in Helsinki

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
We will all know if the misspeak was intentional or not if or when trump

DOES SAY IT TO PUTINS FACE.

...which will instantly be followed with claims that "OMG, Trump is trying to start WWIII!!!! Woe! Woe! Suffering and woe!"

We've already established that there's approximately 40% of the American population which despises him in total absence of his decisions, words, and actions. That hatred is just as any other blind hatred like racism, sexism, or homophobia is in that it is simply blind rage that relies on no logic nor any action (or failure of action) by the victim of the hatred. Why, oh why should President Trump do anything differently in an attempt to appease those who hate him? Simple fact: THAT GROUP OF PEOPLE DON'T MATTER. They're nobodies at this point. Play the numbers, appease the largest percentage of voters in the states you need to win, the rest really don't mean squat. That's politics in America in the 2000s. Climb aboard for the ride, refuse to ride along and be left walking, try to block the bus and get run right the hell over, it is what it is.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Hilarious.. obviously he didn't misspeak. The lengths his minions will go to, to justify his absurd comments and behavior. Just accept it.. it's Trump, for better or worse. He just goes with whatever is on his mind at the moment. Later, his administration will tell him "Sir, that was perhaps a massive huge blunder, can you pretty please rephrase that?".. and he does... and his sheep flock to post-stupid-comments and act like oops.. natural mistake, anyone could make it. Except he isn't anyone - he is the POTUS, and should think before he speaks.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I had not seen the original speech but had seen the ''walk back'' and Trumps assurances that changing just that one word to it's opposite, 'would'' to wouldn't'' would explain it all and wrap up any confusion over his true intent during the original statement.

So in respect to you and your reply above, I looked up the clip of the original statement. What i found, both heard and saw was not an accusatory Trump but rather a conciliatory Trump. The inflection in his voice, his body language and attitude towards Putin was friendly, not nonplussed as it would have been if he had meant to say ''wouldn't'' as he later claimed.

Then in his ''counter claim'' he states that his simple clarification of changing that one ''misspoken'' word should set the whole thing straight as if we were all dummies and could not immediately turn around and watch and listen to his original statement and seeing and hearing for ourselves his original intent speaks more to his belief that his base will believe whatever the latest thing he says as truth than anything else.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Southern Guardian

You don't believe people can misspeak? Good god, man. I would give anything to see you on stage.

Wow.

I mean wow.

You can't be serious, surely?

Something something kool aid.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

I had not seen the original speech but had seen the ''walk back'' and Trumps assurances that changing just that one word to it's opposite, 'would'' to wouldn't'' would explain it all and wrap up any confusion over his true intent during the original statement.

So in respect to you and your reply above, I looked up the clip of the original statement. What i found, both heard and saw was not an accusatory Trump but rather a conciliatory Trump. The inflection in his voice, his body language and attitude towards Putin was friendly, not nonplussed as it would have been if he had meant to say ''wouldn't'' as he later claimed.

Then in his ''counter claim'' he states that his simple clarification of changing that one ''misspoken'' word should set the whole thing straight as if we were all dummies and could not immediately turn around and watch and listen to his original statement and seeing and hearing for ourselves his original intent speaks more to his belief that his base will believe whatever the latest thing he says as truth than anything else.

I respect your professed ability to derive intent from inflection and body language. I can imagine there are many detectives and prosecutors who would kill for the ability to see and hear “original intent”.

But your abilities do not change the fact that people were accusing him of treason, a crime for which one sentence is death, for trying to make nice with the leader of a super-power. Whether he is covering his ass or speaking cold hard truth, with you guys around, I do not blame him.

You wonder why politicians lie to you.
edit on 18-7-2018 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   

You don't believe people can misspeak? Good god, man. I would give anything to see you on stage.

Ohhh come on!!!

He didn’t misspeak he made a total fool of himself and the office he holds and is now backpedaling after condemnation from all sides.

He give a pretty in-depth response that was consistent with his previous statements on this topic.

He did not misspeak, get your head out of the sand

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Ohhh come on!!!

He didn’t misspeak he made a total fool of himself and the office he holds and is now backpedaling after condemnation from all sides.

He give a pretty in-depth response that was consistent with his previous statements on this topic.

Your response toes the line of a guardian opinion piece or a CNN segment. That’s no surprise.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 01:29 AM
link   

I respect your professed ability to derive intent from inflection and body language. I can imagine there are many detectives and prosecutors who would kill for the ability to see and hear “original intent”.

Oh please, Mis. If you are trying to deny that human communication is not limited to words alone then you must be ignoring all the vast swaths of decades and even centuries of study into human behavior. Trump claims that ability all the time, the ability to ascertain what he needs to know about others from his innate superiority in understanding people.

Wasn't it that ''ability'' that he trusts within himself stated as the original reason for saying he believed Putin's denial??

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Oh please, Mis. If you are trying to deny that human communication is not limited to words alone then you must be ignoring all the vast swaths of decades and even centuries of study into human behavior. Trump claims that ability all the time, the ability to ascertain what he needs to know about others from his innate superiority in understanding people.

Wasn't it that ''ability'' that he trusts within himself stated as the original reason for saying he believed Putin's denial??

No, I’m denying that a president should be accused of treason for saying something you do not like. I’m denying that President Trump should act all fire and brimstone with potential enemies. I don’t care what thoughts you nor Trump hold in your head, I don’t care about your psychoanalysis, I care about the results. Only one person is trying to move towards dioalogue and peace, and you guys are doing the opposite.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 01:43 AM
link   

What is the reason you believe this?

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 01:47 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 01:47 AM
link   
So...based on this new revelation y'all now do think Russia hacked the DNC?
Is this now a given fact we can all agree on?
No more Seth Rich?
edit on 7182018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

So who hacked the DNC?

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Tell a lie. Then lie to cover the lie.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Ohhh come on!!!

of course he did not misspeak but he has to water down it for sure. maybe it was russians but not russia, huge difference
edit on 18-7-2018 by AcerM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Embarrassment

Almost intentionally so no?

The man is a frikkin clown.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 02:07 AM
link   
No, I’m denying that a president should be accused of treason for saying something you do not like.

And I am not calling that statement anything other than what it sounded and looked like to me when I watched it. My comment was on the juxtaposition of his two statements, not the veracity of either.

I care about the results. Only one person is trying to move towards dioalogue and peace, and you guys are doing the opposite. You don't care about the thoughts in the mind of the president? and results? Sure, I like it if he is really trying to bridge the gaps with old foes, but to say that he is the only one is silly. And while you say he is trying to move towards diologue and peace he is breaking dialogue and creating enemies all around him.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Your deflections and straw men are tiresome. Trump won't create peace by flip flopping and saying whatever he thinks each audience wants to hear.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

or maybe he is just afraid what the puppeteers will do to him unless he backpeddle... they probably got their paws on him as soon as he landed back in the states.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 04:01 AM
link   
So apparently he 'misspoke'.

Journalist: Would you now, with the whole world watching, denounce what what happened in 2016 and warn him never to do it again?'

Trump: All I can do is ask the question... they said they think it's Russia... I have president Putin.... he just said it's not Russia.... I will say this, I don't see any other reason why it would be... I will tell you that president Putin was strong and powerful in his denial today..... and what he did was make an incredible offer... he offered the people working on the case to come and work with their investigators.....

Let me repeat here... Putin was strong AND powerful in his denial.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join