It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

24 hours later, Trump claims he misspoke in Helsinki

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+41 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
.....and that he was meant to say Russia did have reason to meddle in election:

President Donald Trump attempted on Tuesday to clarify his widely criticized comments in Helsinki, saying that he had misspoken when he said a day earlier that he did not see why Russia would have meddled in the election. Trump said Tuesday he meant to say he did not see any reason why it wouldn't have been Russia that interfered.

"I thought that I made myself very clear, but having just reviewed the transcript...I realized that there is a need for some clarification," Trump said Tuesday at the White House. "The sentence should have been...'I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be Russia'."

Change of heart I take it? Maybe Trump got a refresher on what was happening following the Helsinki Summit?

Oh this one is the kicker:

President Donald Trump attempted on Tuesday to clarify his widely criticized comments in Helsinki, saying that he had misspoken when he said a day earlier that he did not see why Russia would have meddled in the election. Trump said Tuesday he meant to say he did not see any reason why it wouldn't have been Russia that interfered.

"I thought that I made myself very clear, but having just reviewed the transcript...I realized that there is a need for some clarification," Trump said Tuesday at the White House. "The sentence should have been...'I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be Russia'."

Source

So now he trusts the intelligence out there? Why couldn't he just man up and say what needed to be said in front of Putin in Helsinki? Was he nervous? Was he unsure? Wasn't he going to be tough on Russia? This is what he ran for in the campaign?? He couldn't say what needed to be said in front of Putin there ought to be serious concerns about just how compromised he is.

A real superstar you folks have gotten behind here! Fantastic! Had no balls standing next to Putin and this is the guy you back?

+25 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Embarrassment

+32 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

You don't believe people can misspeak? Good god, man. I would give anything to see you on stage.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
57 states and 1 more to go.

Give it a rest.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I learned the hard way I'm not good on stage or speaking in front of a camera

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
He is an unstable .....oops I mean stable genius.

He never mis - spoke.

+9 more 
link   
Does anyone remember when Trump sent that Armada of warships to Syria and bombed shi..?

Didnt His "puppetmaster" specifically tell him he better not? But he did it anyway?

How do you explain that?

link   
I generally attribute misspeaking to scrubs like Obama or crooked Hillary not very stable geniuses that have the best words.

link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
So now he trusts the intelligence out there?

23 Jun 2017

edit on 17-7-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

I learned the hard way I'm not good on stage or speaking in front of a camera

There is a reason that the US was once one of the biggest public relations firms in history. The outrage over this one comment is exactly the reason why. These people do not deserve transparency.

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

You don't believe people can misspeak? Good god, man. I would give anything to see you on stage.

Because Trump is not known for saying A the one day, and then B the other day? Maybe just because his consultants told him what a mess he created again but he is known for swaying with the wind, worse than Angela Merkel, and that means something.

So somebody really believes that it was just a slip?

It wasn´t a slip, it´s a Trump!

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Even better, the man who's complaining about someone else's misspeak has a grievous grammatical error in the first sentence of their piss and moan about the President's misspeak.

"that he was meant"

Either he's saying someone else wrote the words for Trump and he failed to deliver them per script... opening a new can of worms which anyone who experienced the teleprompter presidency of 2008-2016 and didn't throw up in their mouth routinely probably doesn't want to see opened, or he flat out misgrammartized (yes, I just invented a word) his own thoughts in a medium which affords the opine maker the opportunity to correct themselves on the fly, unlike public speaking.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Everyone to the streets.

Let's protest!

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Maybe it's time for a teleprompter?

Cheers - Dave

+15 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Only your fellow cult members believe that crap.

+29 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Good God Man. Trump said exactly what he meant to say. He didn't misspeak. He just doesn't like the bad press.

Trump is a liar and takes all sides. But if you don't care, well, you don't care. But don't make up lame excuses for the man.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite

Good God Man. Trump said exactly what he meant to say. He didn't misspeak. He just doesn't like the bad press.

Trump is a liar and takes all sides. But if you don't care, well, you don't care. But don't make up lame excuses for the man.

You assume without evidence, or because you believe propaganda, one or the other.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

Only your fellow cult members believe that crap.

Sorry, but it is a fact humans misspeak. Your cult has taught you otherwise.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Obama Misspoke On ‘Polish Death Camp,’ Says White House

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Even better, the man who's complaining about someone else's misspeak has a grievous grammatical error in the first sentence of their piss and moan about the President's misspeak.

"that he was meant"

Either he's saying someone else wrote the words for Trump and he failed to deliver them per script... opening a new can of worms which anyone who experienced the teleprompter presidency of 2008-2016 and didn't throw up in their mouth routinely probably doesn't want to see opened, or he flat out misgrammartized (yes, I just invented a word) his own thoughts in a medium which affords the opine maker the opportunity to correct themselves on the fly, unlike public speaking.

And that's writing. Imagine what it sounds like off the cuff.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join