It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypothetical: Trump abolishes the Federal Reserve tomorrow...what is your take?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

How about an actual return to a tangible gold standard? (Doesn't have to be gold but something real where banks can't just print it whenever) Boom!

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
a reply to: Nyiah

How about an actual return to a tangible gold standard? (Doesn't have to be gold but something real where banks can't just print it whenever) Boom!

Let's trade in goats.

Goats and beer.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The whole ponzi scheme would collapse world wide. There isn't enough actual hard money to cover even 10% of the total world debt.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: wdkirk

Neither can fit in your pocket tho! You have a point with beer tho. If tshtf and the govt collapses I can guarantee alcohol and smokes will be the new currency!

At least for a while.

edit on 17-7-2018 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

The whole ponzi scheme would collapse world wide. There isn't enough actual hard money to cover even 10% of the total world debt.

Yep! So true! Or, do exactly what another president did, compete with the fed, to start with. Slowly in with gold and silver, goats and or beer lol lol and out slowly with the fiat fed. And at the same time, keep the head of the octopus busy with scandal after scandal... Poetic justice??

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: All Seeing Eye

Rumor has it the the Fed charter states the U.S. goverment pay the Fed one percent of gold reserved for one hundred yrs... As of 2013 We have become insolvent as it concerns our gold.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I would say thank you mister president.

Now please fix universal healthcare for all americans and you will have my vote in 2020.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

If Obama had even suggested the Fed might not last forever, I suspect we'd see some real change working towards a newer, better system... but he was on their side, not ours.

What does trump have to say about the fed?

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: lordcomac

If Obama had even suggested the Fed might not last forever, I suspect we'd see some real change working towards a newer, better system... but he was on their side, not ours.

What does trump have to say about the fed?

He's stated that he wishes to restructure the Fed, bringing it under control of the federal government rather than allowing it to continue to play games with interest rates, inflation, and the economy.
markets.businessinsider.com...

He's in favor of returning to the gold standard, but he realizes it's not an overnight thing and will require some lead-in to restructure the Fed as well as replace most of their board of governors beforehand.
www.americanthinker.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Now please fix universal healthcare for all americans and you will have my vote in 2020.

Stop trying to collectivize my health care! I don't want the one-size-fits-all plan. Those things seldom work out well for me.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   

The Rothchilds would arrange for our country to be nuked.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Stop trying to collectivize my health care! I don't want the one-size-fits-all plan. Those things seldom work out well for me.

But one cartel is okay to rape all the consumers:

"Americans spend more than 2.5 times the OECD average on healthcare. Cost of health insurance for an individual has increased from $3083 in 2002 to $5615 in 2012. For a family of four it has increased from $8003 to $15,745 in the same period. The table is taken from Kaiser Family Foundation shows the increasing cost of health insurance from 2002 to 2012."

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 01:53 AM
link   

He won't initially abolish the reserve. That would be self defeating.

He will 'Capture' it as an enemy combatant.

Few things to consider.

I forget who it was ... but some numb twit Judge ruled that companies had the same rights as civilians.

So you can capture them.

Think of it for a while, the 'value' should be self evident.

P

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

But that's the problem with the world, putting a number on everything.

Yet the capability of humans is the most profitable thing we can conceive. Nah, abolishing the old would probably need a complete rethink of how we construct the new.

Pointless furthering the agenda.
edit on 18-7-2018 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   

If Trump abolishes the Federal Reserve even I would vote for him next election.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Abolish the Fed. It does have a nice ring to it...

First, you would have to have a decent exit strategy. You cant just pull the plug and wait to see what happens. Though, to be honest, a fair amount of events to follow are predictable. There will be a few surprises but not as many as you might think.

The credit based ponzi scheme of an economy we have now would have to be completely retooled. The people who own everything and the people who own nothing and are financed to the teeth would come out way ahead. The people just getting by month to month, own half a car, half a house, etc, will get hurt the most. Unfortunately, that is most people.

Switching to hard currency can be a good thing but it can also compound problems of instability. Ultimately the value of a currency can be expressed as a ratio of the belief that it will continue to be in demand over the faith that the demand will actually be met. After a shock like abolishing the Fed I don't know how much faith there would be in a US economy. Even tangible value is almost meaningless if only a limited number of people will accept it.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I'm guessing they would be in hiding, and likely to become impoverished. Their Castles were built on pillars of salt and pillars of sand... (Viva La Vida)

The other Lords would also fall, like the Bilderberg's.

a reply to: dfnj2015

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   

I would demand he be brought up on impeachment charges for violating the Federal Reserve Act and acting without Congressional authority in a matter that he doesn't have the authority to act on. Only Congress can disband the Fed.

PS: Why would Trump want to end the Fed? He only cares about himself and making money and ending the Federal Reserve would ruin him.
edit on 19-7-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The Congress shall have the power...

To coin money, regulate the value thereof, and of foreign coin, and fix the standard of weights and measures

Congress abdicated that power with the Federal Reserve Act, would you rather the judicial branch pick up the ball? In fact, I don’t think abdication (or just outright shirking of duties) is an enumerated power of Congress, so perhaps a state of treason has been in effect for over a hundred years now?

My take of the Fed being out is that I wouldn’t take any Federal Reserve Notes. As for avoiding economic Armageddon, announce a Jubilee in conjunction with the switch. No debt means no problems and everyone gets a new foothold opportunity.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

My point is that it would take Congress passing a law or bill to abolish the Federal Reserve because it was enacted through a bill or law. I'm not discussing the Constitutional legitimacy of the Federal Reserve. If maintaining Constitutional integrity is important and as you argument is insinuating if the Fed is unconstitutional then to remove it, we should still be following Constitutional protocol to do so. Trump waving his hand and saying the Fed is no more is unconstitutional and authoritarian.
edit on 19-7-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join