It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypothetical: Trump abolishes the Federal Reserve tomorrow...what is your take?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
After seeing the dust up over the Russian visit, Im left with a question: what if Trump abolished the Fed? How would ATS feel about this?

Russia obviously isn't in the "club" (they don't have a federal reserve, they don't support the petrodollar, etc), and thus finds themselves on the outs. Meanwhile, we have nations like Saudi Arabia who use the federal reserve, have no notion of human rights, and they are our ally. Its obvious who we consider enemies. Libya, Iran, North Korea, Russia...of course we toppled Libya and installed a reserve bank.

It is readily apparent to me that the ire with Trump in Helsinki has more to do with the partnering with a non-club nation (same as NK) than anything else. Even FoxNews is losing their minds over.

So curious...regardless of your viewpoints....if Trump abolishes the fed tomorrow (along with the baggage that goes with it, like having to be allied with Saudi Arabia), how would you feel about it?

Side note: it occurs to me that Trump conducts himself without regard to "the club".

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Hypothetically I think it would be a disaster, would probably cause global economies to collapse overnight, would cause all kinds of crazy economic problems and I think that "they" (whoever you think "they" are) would put a stop to it probably before he could ever do it.

I am thinking something along the lines of J.F.K

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

If Trump tried to end the Fed, you'd see people bemoaning the fact that the Fed is going away and it was the best thing on earth.

Trump can do no right.

Period.

He just can't. So even postulating him doing something that (on the face) would appear wildly popular, would only turn back into a partisan talking point.

#SaveTheFed

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I think it would be wonderful indeed.

But I'm for a legitimate currency instead of a fiat one, so I'm biased.

Pretty sure he'd be shot soon after as well for not playing nice with the bankers.

Like Andrew Jackson. And Lincoln. And JFK. And Reagan.

Just seeing a trend there...

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Other than instantaneous global economic collapse, you'd see a lot of whining from what's left of the media- and probably some war drums from countries holding US debt.

Like it or not, the fed isn't forever. Somebody is stockpiling gold for the day it breaks- maybe that's where the money the pentagon lost went... but I think more likely they're working on secret weapons of war.

If Obama had even suggested the Fed might not last forever, I suspect we'd see some real change working towards a newer, better system... but he was on their side, not ours.

The problem is that we've let the system of the fed corrupt our country for over a century, now. While we might be able to technically legally just up and kill it, we have a lot of work to do before that wouldn't be cutting our own throat. Farmers won't farm for free- truckers won't truck. Gas won't be manufactured or distributed. 80% or more of US population wouldn't survive a year, and that's assuming some other country doesn't invade while we're on our hands and knees.

Having said that... I can't wait to see the end of the Fed.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Collapse of the monetary system. Fiat money, fractional banking, debt money, all evaporating overnight. In the long run.... good, but a lot of misery for a couple years. For some ruin and death.

My opinion, it will happen in the future, perhaps in decades.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Agreed I think a full global financial collapse in my lifetime is pretty much inevitable so all he would be doing is quickening the inevitable

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Would President Trump do it..? I don't think so, but who knows, this has become the Trump Epoch.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I guess he'd be dead pretty soon.

World wide trade would be screwed for the near future at the least, what's the world going to trade with?

New US currency?

Can the world trade in it's old dollars?

Would this usher in a new worldwide currency?

I have loads more questions.. Trump would be dead though, he'd singlehandedly destroy globalism essentially. Depends on your view if that's a good or bad thing but one things for certain, it would be chaotic.

Order comes from chaos, a new world order...

So yeah, it could be a gift or a curse. If it happened tomorrow we might be thanking him or vilifying him in 100 years, for now though it would be potentially the most devastating thing that's ever happened in recorded history. Or it could unify us all. I guess we could always decay too but it isn't human nature to sit and suffer when there's food over the hill.

Lack of international trade would have many nations "go hungry" so the option of resource wars could be on the table. Depends how quick we could change things.

This is a good one to ponder on

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Collapse of the monetary system. Fiat money, fractional banking, debt money, all evaporating overnight. In the long run.... good, but a lot of misery for a couple years. For some ruin and death.

My opinion, it will happen in the future, perhaps in decades.

System is going to collapse anyhow.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Modern economies need some form of central bank. Abolish the federal reserve and it would inevitably be replaced with something similar.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Hypothetical: Trump abolishes the Federal Reserve tomorrow...what is your take?

Sell all my stocks and put it in to crypto.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Hypothetically I think it would be a disaster, would probably cause global economies to collapse overnight, would cause all kinds of crazy economic problems and I think that "they" (whoever you think "they" are) would put a stop to it probably before he could ever do it.

I am thinking something along the lines of J.F.K

So it would be BIGLY amazeballs.

MAGA!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Yes, there are conspiracies that the Russians and Putin no longer have ties with the Rothschild, but they still have not left the Rothschild federal reserve bank and are still listed as member to this day. What happened is Putin nationalized the Central Bank of Russia, but this had more to do with taking orders on how much money he can print, from Washington and London, than it did with the Rothschild and the Feds. Their bank was forced to buy US Bonds for the dollars paid for Russian oil. Putin needed to be able to print his own money.

Anyways, the bank remained named the same after it was nationalized, Central Bank of Russia, and it is still a member of the Rothschild Bank of International Settlements (BIS) and is listed as a member on their website. I remember reading the conspiracies that Russia had given it to the elites, but I can find no evidence a few years later that they have left the BIS, the Central Bank for the Central Banks, the pinnacle of all our Rothschild conspiracies.

List of BIS Members
BIS page for Russian Bank
BIS Link to CBR

Until we have evidence Putin has left BIS, everything else is just smoke and mirrors.

What would I think if Trump left the Fed? It would be absolutely terrific. I also don't think it would ever happen as that is not his role. His role is to divide and to distract.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Abolish the Federal Reserve and reinstate the gold standard for the U.S. dollar. I hope President Trump does this, I think he mentioned something in his campaign about abolishing the fed. To hell with the deep state, Rinos, dems and left wing libs, power to the people through Trump! !

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
how would you feel about it?

I'd have a smile across my face that wouldn't go away, honestly. It would be the single greatest political move in history and it would be the right move for a change. Afterward, I'd move my family into the sticks with some heavy firepower for awhile to ensure they were isolated from the potential strife the establishment would manipulate their Kept Voters into causing, but I'm perfectly prepared for that anyway, so it wouldn't be in any way a deal breaker to me.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: choomsuba

Abolish the Federal Reserve and reinstate the gold standard for the U.S. dollar. I hope President Trump does this, I think he mentioned something in his campaign about abolishing the fed. To hell with the deep state, Rinos, dems and left wing libs, power to the people through Trump! !
Something I hope would happen too. But now since all the companies, corporations, stock market, etc, are a growth of the Federal Reserve, to cut it off without lead time, would lead to mass chaos in the streets.

If you look into the past when this was done, war was soon to follow. If your going to cut a tentacle off of a octopus, then it is best to make sure the other tentacles can not attack you. Or, outright neutralize the octopus...

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I would vote for him in 2020. Ron and Rand Paul would too lol. It would be the best thing ever. Then he could tackle the irs and give the death penalty to any corporate shill whom bribes Washington.

A lot of things would be fixed if those things happened.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
After seeing the dust up over the Russian visit, Im left with a question: what if Trump abolished the Fed? How would ATS feel about this?

Russia obviously isn't in the "club" (they don't have a federal reserve, they don't support the petrodollar, etc), and thus finds themselves on the outs. Meanwhile, we have nations like Saudi Arabia who use the federal reserve, have no notion of human rights, and they are our ally. Its obvious who we consider enemies. Libya, Iran, North Korea, Russia...of course we toppled Libya and installed a reserve bank.

It is readily apparent to me that the ire with Trump in Helsinki has more to do with the partnering with a non-club nation (same as NK) than anything else. Even FoxNews is losing their minds over.

So curious...regardless of your viewpoints....if Trump abolishes the fed tomorrow (along with the baggage that goes with it, like having to be allied with Saudi Arabia), how would you feel about it?

Side note: it occurs to me that Trump conducts himself without regard to "the club".

If it turned out to be the greatest event in human history, ushering in a new era of prosperity and understanding between all races, religions and sexual orientations, brought about a level of cooperation among all countries and began the advancement of the human race into the next age and abolished all student loan debt......Democrats would still call Trump names and say Obama had the plan first.

.....and Brexit would still take another century.
edit on 17-7-2018 by wdkirk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I'd be more interested in what the plan is for mitigating damage from the fallout of it's immediate cessation. We do need to get rid of it, but yanking the rug out from under everything abruptly only serves to create chaos in freefall mode.

However, with some kind of solid alternative, at least for a stop-gap measure, would reduce a lot of irrecoverable damage to manageable levels.

Don't ask what alternative I think would work, beyond pure barter-trade, I'm at a loss.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join