It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump scores on his own goal

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

You expect the impossible. No one can speak without mistakes. Human speech is slow and lossy

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I think you may be missing the point Big Man.....its not just this one instance - though I can see why many are getting so uptight about this particular instance - its the avalanche of things that occur around him.
He is constantly finding himself embroiled in one controversy or another followed by another minor scandal and then another misquote then another piece of false news.

Its too easy and convenient to blame it on his enemies etc, there's something much deeper to all this....just what I don't know.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Okay, get your torches out but this is my take on the situation,

Putin, in an interview with Chris Wallace and also at the podium with Trump stated that the information released was acknowledged by the DNC as being true, that the emails were indeed theirs. Well . . . Putin said that if they admitted they were true then what was the problem? Knowing the truth about the situation helps you make a good decision. So yes, Putin admitted they had been hacked in a vague way, but then they were acknowledged as true by the DNC. Why would Hillary have a problem letting people know she hates being around regular people? I personally think Putin has a wicked sense of humor.

edit on 17-7-2018 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: notsure1
I guess Trump gave Putin recognition on the world stage?

LOL morons..

You know when Trump says that getting along well with Russia and China is a good thing I 100% agree with him.

Thats no the problem, the problem is that he basically turned round and said, America is wrong, Russia is right when there is a body of evidence from his own side (thats America if anyone is a bit confused) that says actually we think Russia did interfere with the election.

Yeah, but America interfered in the Russian election of Boris Yeltsin, so now everyone is quits, ok?

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

So let me get this straight, it was treasonous that the president didn't come out in support of a narrative that portrays his election as illegitimate? You guys have a weird idea of what treason is.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I have so much confidence in Trump, that I sit back and file my nails, occasionally laughing hysterically as the world seizes in panic.

As time passes and the evil ones are put in their places, everyone will see exactly why our President did everything he did. He does nothing without purpose.

Relax, after a bit of turmoil, things will turn out splendidly.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
It's not too surprising to see Putin outmaneuver Trump. He does that with all the Presidents.

But he didn't have a hard task in this case, because Trump's give-and-take, good-cop-bad-cop conversational and negotiating style is easy to counter once the pattern has been studied, and we can rest assured Putin has been studying Trump very, very closely.

And now, of course, after the fire, Trump assures us he didn't say what he just said. Also predictable.

That said, the full-throated support of the establishment media for U.S. intelligence agencies continues to become more and more disturbing, given how dependent they have become for information and guidance from these very same agencies.

Press complicity as willing mouthpieces for now routine anonymous dispatches, coupled with the direct, extralegal involvement of intelligence agencies in domestic politics is much closer to treason than Trump being a bumbling schmuck on the world stage.

But with the press in deep state pockets, none dare call it treason.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

This is the era of results.

What results?
Alienating the US from the rest of the world? Because that's the way it's going at present.

I've got no anti-Trump agenda.
As I've said on numerous occasions here on ATS I have conflicting opinions on the man.

Sometimes I think he's breath of fresh air and am pleased that finally someone has said it as it is.
Then five minutes later I find my head in my hands shaking my head in disbelief at him.

And lately its been more of the latter than the former.

He is discrediting the office of POTUS on the world stage and by extension America itself....and that is very dangerous for all of us.

It's a simple proposition. We will not know the results of an administration until that administration is over and we can tally the results.

It is the media and their parrots discrediting the office of POTUS, and it appears to be working.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

It is the media and their parrots discrediting the office of POTUS, and it appears to be working.

I certainly don't discount that....but Trump's own acts, deeds and personal failings are also contributing.

Deep State seems to be the latest buzzword that's being used to describe those who seek to destabilise the Trump administration....but to what end and why?
I've never seen a convincing explanation of who these people are and what their goals and agenda are.

Trump was / is a very successful businessman - you don't become that successful and wealthy without crossing paths with these people and collaborating with them.

One thing is certain; whoever's agenda's are being played put here their ultimate aim will be more power, control and wealth for the existing, established elites and the interests, concerns, well being and wishes of the ordinary, everyday Americans will be of little or no concern to them.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

You expect the impossible. No one can speak without mistakes. Human speech is slow and lossy

No one can speak without mistakes, occasionally.

Most people don’t have the entitlement to wait 24 hours before admitting and correcting their erroneous utterances.

And it is because competent persons, who are required to speak publicly as a part of their job, recognize the difficulties associated with human speech, that they take extraordinary care when making statements of such import.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Deep State seems to be the latest buzzword that's being used to describe those who seek to destabilise the Trump administration....but to what end and why?
I've never seen a convincing explanation of who these people are and what their goals and agenda are.

I learned everything here on ATS. It was all laid out for us. Links, resources, countless amounts of information that came to the same conclusions. I have been prepared for this time for a decade, thanks in large part to ATS.

I find it odd that you've been on ATS since 2007 and haven't come across what the Deep State is and why they are trying to hang on. We had endless threads on it, some of it pointing to exactly what is happening in the world as we speak.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Most people dont have a pack of hyenas waiting to pounce on every opportunity to complain..warranted or not.

The saddest part of this is his opposition has sunk its entire fortune into resisting Trump....and havent created any solutions of their own.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Frankly, I don't know what to make of deep state as well. I see little evidence of it. I am more inclined to believe people are too stupid to be that cunning. But when I hear the word I think of the unelected state bureaucrats working behind the scenes to maintain the established order. Who those people are and what that order may be I do not know.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Consider The Anonymous Source

I was pretty much unaware of the expression until the 2016 presidential elections.

The term gained significant popularity after the press started reporting intriguing, suggestive stories fed to them by anonymous government sources.

At first, reporters were much more explicit, volunteering that their sources were "current and former Obama administration officials" or "intelligence officials", for example.

Over time, the attributions became much more vague, probably at the behest of the sources themselves, to the point that today it's fairly standard for reports to be attributed to "people with knowledge" or equally ironic descriptors.

The "Deep State" as a term is a favorite of the dreaded Alt-Right, with increasing adoption outside of such circles as more Americans become aware that the headlines and political narratives of the past two years have been almost exclusively driven by people in government whose names we don't even know.

All we have to go on is that they are "people with knowledge", that we are supposed to trust them, and that for anyone to question them -- even the President of the United States -- is, to quote former CIA Director John Brennan, now senior national security and intelligence analyst for MSNBC News, "treason".

Whether that's a "Deep State" or not, it is an extremely dangerous state of affairs that is utterly incompatible with constitutional government.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I am more inclined to believe people are too stupid to be that cunning.

Definitely true about politicians.

But when I hear the word I think of the unelected state bureaucrats working behind the scenes to maintain the established order.

Again very true, especially here in the UK where senior Civil Servants have considerable influence.
Allied to senior clergy / judiciary / police / military etc they can, and in my opinion do at times, manipulate events to ensure the continuance of the status quo and thus their control.

Who those people are and what that order may be I do not know.

Not sure how it might work in the US but I'm sure that if true certain elements within the military complex, intelligence agencies and old money would be involved.

I don't see some age old Illuminati like organisation that spreads its tentacles across the globe as being feasible or likely....but again I wouldn't completely discount the notion.

What role Trump plays in this I have no idea.....I just know that controversy and scandal follow him around and that does nothing for the integrity of the US on the world stage.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Not sure how it might work in the US but I'm sure that if true certain elements within the military complex, intelligence agencies and old money would be involved.

That's what I would guess as well.

What role Trump plays in this I have no idea.....I just know that controversy and scandal follow him around and that does nothing for the integrity of the US on the world stage.

I think the controversy and scandal are a good thing—not for Trump of course—but for us. You know, it's not so bad having a politically incorrect leader. We need to rid ourselves of this form of political correctness, where we require the politician to be some squeeky-clean, Ivy-League, grand-eloquent, pencil-pushing lawyer. These are the guys who only read speeches, who alter their accents according to where they are speaking, whose entire presence is fabricated, ran through the rigours of one of the world's biggest public relations firms, and served to the people as the face of the country. We need negotiators, leaders, decision-makers and innovators, whether they are uncouth or not.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure everyone is tearing the country down over Trump beating Hillary.

This is so dumb.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

What has Trump done for Putin ? What did Vlad get out of all this "collusion"?

Is that a joke? Trump is President, that is what Putin got out of it. Trump is a bumbling buffoon compared to Clinton, at least when considering politics. Not saying Hillary is any good either, just saying that of course Putin would want Trump in office. Clinton would have taken it to Russia and other countries. Trump is all about pomp and circumstance, buddies with the "important people" in the world, just as he likes it. America has never been so divided. The last worry on Trump's mind is Putin and Russia... he has much bigger fish to fry, like walls, tariffs, and making sure dangerous people can't accidentally get into our country.

I also don't doubt that Russia egged on NK. Trump is easily distracted and even more easily manipulated and riled. If a random actress can enrage Trump, just imagine what leaders threatening our countries with nukes could do! Trump being in office is a much greater victory for Russia, than if Clinton was.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

with Trump jumping in to blame America for problems Russia created and to denounce the same investigation that just offered conclusive proof of Putin’s wrongdoing in 2016

Conclusive proof of wrong doing? o.0

Um, WTF? Please list this proof someone. If it was mentioned before, please, mention it again. LOL.

What was done again? Facebook stuff?

EDIT TO ADD:
Yeah, the media has been MUCH MORE meddling in that election. They give Cluntun the debate questions ahead of time. They still white wash Clindings image for her. They demonize president Trump with long lasting damage to his nationally and internationally perceived character.

Too many in the FBI, DOJ, CIA and many more disappointments in the intelligence community have not been impartial personally or professionally.

They are affecting more than an election. They are hurting the everyday functions of our government. They wasted resources on a witch hunt and caused a massive divide in the country.

Thats one weakness our enemies have already exploited.

edit on 7 17 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: blujay

I find it odd that you've been on ATS since 2007 and haven't come across what the Deep State is and why they are trying to hang on.

Of course I've been aware of the theory etc but Deep State seems to have been a term that has started being used only relatively recently.

Please don't mistake me for a fan of the PC Brigade or Generation Snowflake, quite the contrary.

I like straight talking and am result driven.

You would have thought that Trump would be a natural fit but I just have so many doubts about him, his abilities and personal failings.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join