It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump scores on his own goal

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I heard it. I also heard him correct his remark. Maybe you're hard of hearing, or selective at it, one or the other

I admire you for trying to defend him.

Good luck with that.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Comprehension skills gone amiss? - I said 'perhaps', that can not in any way be construed as making an assumption.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Trump took a calculated diplomatic risk in Helsinki with Putin and it blew up in his face. He knew exactly what he said. Now its spin time, back track, damage control, blame others and whine.

I'm looking forward to the Sarah, and the rest of them do the spin dance.

www.bloomberg.com...

edit on 17-7-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Love this, leftist have decended upon this thread in a bid to keep pushing the leftist narrative, poor saps are gonna keep getting rung and dry.

Don't you people realize that for all the "Reeeeeee" it amounts to nothing and your perceived views?

NOTHING CHANGED, LMFAO, you still think the same, "wrong" 😄

Keep pushing the libtard base POTUS, I'm proud of you 😁.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Trump took a calculated diplomatic risk in Helsinki with Putin and it blew up in his face. He knew exactly what he said. Now its spin time, back track, damage control, blame others and whine.

www.bloomberg.com...
Lmfao, sure. Just quit, nobody believes you 🙄

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Attention Please

Look at the top, this is not the Mud Pit so color inside the lines.

Each other is not the topic, nor is opinions of each other. Be warned it can and will lead to Posting Bans. Stick to the topic folks.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Do you or do you not believe Donald Trump when he clarified his remarks?

If I didn't know better I'd say 'you couldn't make it up'.....but I do know better.

You want me to give a direct answer to a direct question after repeatedly refusing to give any direct answers to direct questions I have asked you.

Beyond belief.

But to answer it; I don't know. I suspect there's a good chance he's lying but I'm by no means 100% certain of it....but that wasn't my point.

My point is that it's just one thing, after another, after another with Trump.
He doesn't seem to care who he offends and what ever quote is repeated he either blames on 'false news' or 'misspeaking'.
Every time he opens his mouth he seems to offend someone, deliberately or not is irrelevant.
Controversy after controversy after scandal after scandal - where and when will it end?

Speaking as a none-US citizen I personally expect so much more of The President of the United States of America.

edit on 17/7/18 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
NM
edit on 7/17/2018 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Do you or do you not believe Donald Trump when he clarified his remarks?

If I didn't know better I'd say 'you couldn't make it up'.....but I do know better.

You want me to give a direct answer to a direct question after repeatedly refusing to give any direct answers to direct questions I have asked you.

Beyond belief.

But to answer it; I don't know. I suspect there's a good chance he's lying but I'm by no means 100% certain of it....but that wasn't my point.

My point is that it's just one thing, after another, after another with Trump.
He doesn't seem to care who he offends and what ever quote is repeated he either blames on 'false news' or 'misspeaking'.
Every time he opens his mouth he seems to offend someone, deliberately or not is irrelevant.
Controversy after controversy after scandal after scandal - where and when will it end?

Speaking as a none-US citizen I personally expect so much more of The President of the United States of America.

It won't end. The time of word politics is over. This is the era of results. If we want public relations and lullabies, we might need to go back a few years to find it. I thank god for that.
edit on 17-7-2018 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Bhadhidar

Be honest with yourself here: when have you ever noted Trump to care what the public outcry is?

I see that you have 2 choices: believe he misspoke and move on with your life, or believe him a liar and wring your hands some more about the issue.

But its another slippery slope....once you expect someone to be precise in every comment they make, you can expect that same expectation to be pushed out to others. So we will no longer get to chuckle about there being 57 states.

Joe Biden appears to be a front runner in 2020....it'll be fun seeing the right play this same game of "you said it, we don't believe you didn't mean it" with him.

Third option: believe him to be a liar, and, given the circumstances of this latest incident, re-double my efforts to support on-going, and further investigation into his potential criminal acts , up to, and possibly including treason.

I fully support EVERY candidate and/or elected official being held to EVERY public word they utter; doubly so for every private word, slippery slope be damned!

If you intend to represent the American public, and solicit from that public its trust, in the form of their votes, you MUST expect to be held to the highest standard of competence, at all times.

You were elected by good people because they believed that you were the best to represent them. That you could do something they, themselves, could not do, or could not do as well; not because you were merely “one of them”, but because you were the best of them.

That’s my standard.

What’s yours?

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

This is the era of results.

What results?
Alienating the US from the rest of the world? Because that's the way it's going at present.

I've got no anti-Trump agenda.
As I've said on numerous occasions here on ATS I have conflicting opinions on the man.

Sometimes I think he's breath of fresh air and am pleased that finally someone has said it as it is.
Then five minutes later I find my head in my hands shaking my head in disbelief at him.

And lately its been more of the latter than the former.

He is discrediting the office of POTUS on the world stage and by extension America itself....and that is very dangerous for all of us.

edit on 17/7/18 by Freeborn because: typo

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Freeborn

Are we to believe that the so called Leader of the Free World can't distinguish the difference between 'would' and 'wouldn't' on such an important subject at such an important time or that he is so vulnerable to brain farts?

No, you're to believe that he made a very human mistake.

Slips of the tongue are almost inevitable. For every 1,000 words spoken, we make one or two errors. Considering that the average pace of speech is 150 words a minute, a slip is bound to occur about once every seven minutes of continuous talk. Each day, most of us make somewhere between 7 and 22 verbal slips.

Psychology Today

And failed to recognize his error immediately, despite the gravity of the situation, despite the full knowledge that his statement would be considered the authitative position on a matter of both national and international importance, and

Failed to immediately “set the record straight” by correcting his error?

Not likely, unless he was/is cognitively impaired,

Or lying.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join