It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump scores on his own goal

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

Be honest with yourself here: when have you ever noted Trump to care what the public outcry is?

I see that you have 2 choices: believe he misspoke and move on with your life, or believe him a liar and wring your hands some more about the issue.

But its another slippery slope....once you expect someone to be precise in every comment they make, you can expect that same expectation to be pushed out to others. So we will no longer get to chuckle about there being 57 states.

Joe Biden appears to be a front runner in 2020....it'll be fun seeing the right play this same game of "you said it, we don't believe you didn't mean it" with him.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

Are we to believe that the so called Leader of the Free World can't distinguish the difference between 'would' and 'wouldn't' on such an important subject at such an important time or that he is so vulnerable to brain farts?

If so then this is one # scary situation the whole world has found itself in.

I have conflicting opinions on Trump but I have never known such a high profile and important figure be so constantly surrounded by controversy, confusion, scandal, etc and to the magnitude that he is.....the whole world is shaking its collective head, it truly beggars belief and rightly or wrongly unfortunately does nothing but devalue and discredit the US on the world stage.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

Reported by the same folks who gave us this lucid piece of journalism:

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Are we to believe that the so called Leader of the Free World can't distinguish the difference between 'would' and 'wouldn't' on such an important subject at such an important time or that he is so vulnerable to brain farts?

No, you're to believe that he made a very human mistake.

Slips of the tongue are almost inevitable. For every 1,000 words spoken, we make one or two errors. Considering that the average pace of speech is 150 words a minute, a slip is bound to occur about once every seven minutes of continuous talk. Each day, most of us make somewhere between 7 and 22 verbal slips.

Psychology Today

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Heh. Everybody's an expert.

Seems that way doesn't it?

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what they would have done. To be fair, another poster did give his version of what words Trump should have used, but the meaning was pretty much the same. But most just seem to want to bash Trump for doing something they have no idea of how should have been done.

As for Fox... heh, anyone that thinks anyone believes everything any news agency says is seriously deluded. I had to switch over to Fox during the election because of my allergy to stoopid, but I have caught them in some pretty compromising situations themselves since. They're just not as bad as CNN.

The GOP members who have been calling Trump out just outed themselves, IMO. I have said many times that the only reason the Democrats are taking such a shellacking is that they won't shut up with the stoopid. That just makes them the primary target. The Republicans are still the secondary target, and these 'leaders' just told me they had plenty of skeletons in their closet that they are afraid the intel community is going to spill the beans on. Remember, Putin is giving us access to those 12 Russian spies, but in return he gets access to some intel people he has evidence on of criminal financial activity in Russia!

When someone is looking at a nice long prison term in a Siberian prison, they typically don't give a frostbitten cow pie what party someone is in, if turning states evidence let's them stay out of that icebox.

It's never been a Democrat thing... it was a deep state thing from the very start, and so many still to this day can't understand that. Republican, Democrat, it don't matter. Corruption is corruption no matter what color paint is on it.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

A man in peril of drowning catchest whatsoever cometh next to hand... be it never so simple a stick.

(a drowning man will clutch at a straw)

Trump meant what he said. It would be better for him now to defend it. His base is going to start thinking any time now - and that's not going to be pretty
edit on 7/17/2018 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

A man in peril of drowning catchest whatsoever cometh next to hand... be it never so simple a stick.

(a drowning man will clutch at a straw)

Trump meant what he said. It would be better for him now to defend it - his base is going to start thinking any time now - and that's not going to be pretty

You assume Trump meant what he said, without evidence. That's called bad faith. Not pretty at all.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

You're assuming he didn't. Unless you have inside information - it's a draw :-)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I don't know why president Trump is soft pedaling the blame. He should come right out and say this.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Yet again...always something isn't there.

Trump isn't 'most of us'....he is the President of the United States of America.

With him there always seems to be one thing after another, after another, after another ad infinitum.....I guess some people just can't see that.

edit on 17/7/18 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

You assume Trump meant what he said, without evidence.

The evidence is the words that came out of his mouth.

Open and shut case M'Lord.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

You're assuming he didn't. Unless you have inside information - it's a draw :-)

He admitted his mistake, clarified his remarks. That's inside info right there, my love.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

You assume Trump meant what he said, without evidence.

The evidence is the words that came out of his mouth.

Open and shut case M'Lord.

He said he misspoke. So, according to the words that came out of his mouth, you're wrong.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Trump isn't 'most of us'....he is the President of the United States of America.

Our president is a hot mess. I only hope this ends well

link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Yet again...always something isn't there.

With him there always seems to be one thing after another, after another, after another ad infinitum.....I guess some people just can't see that.

SNIP
I prefer to believe our leaders are mammals, do human things, make mistakes, have feelings etc.
edit on 7/17/2018 by Blaine91555 because: snipped for T&C violation

link   

Perhaps he was misspeaking when he said he misspoke?

link   

So, according to the words that came out of his mouth, you're wrong.

That comment is utter bollocks. Did you hear something different from the rest of the world, or are you just hard of hearing?

link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Perhaps he was misspeaking when he said he misspoke?

He's let you know if that's the case. Until then, maybe making assumptions isn't the best idea.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

So, according to the words that came out of his mouth, you're wrong.

That comment is utter bollocks. Did you hear something different from the rest of the world, or are you just hard of hearing?

I heard it. I also heard him correct his remark. Maybe you're hard of hearing, or selective at it, one or the other.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join