It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's on the other side of a black hole?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Tyrant

So if you fire a nuke into a black hole, a nuke will come out of every single dimension that has that particular black hole in it

but... the physical black-hole in our universe will/should tear apart the material make-up of that nuke fired at that BH...

the nuke you propose--before it is even halfway close to the black-hole,
will/should disintegrate into its component atomic particles---therefore not be a detonation device that will (theoretically) spread through all the dimensional spheres that exotic thinkers propose.

sorta good try...but

that's my take

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

I was doing that out of good humour, but if you want me to take my insane ramblings seriously for a second i will.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I stand by one thing though, those black holes are like whirlpools, with dimensional layers being the level of depth.

They suck everything into them, theoretically - so it's only plausible that such a thing would defy most of the physical laws we know of.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

OK....

the theory's and speculations are like mind candy
and I won't hold you to that outcome/process ... !

appreciate your input

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
We'll all be finding out on 12-21-2012.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
video.google.com...

This guy gives a great theory about black holes, what they are and how they are used.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
will no one really know whats on the other side of a black hole . i mean you cant really say that there is something on the other side or there isnt .you havent been that close to know and neither has any one that has made these theories . and i think if we were to find out it wouldnt be in our generation . think about it how long did it take to figure out that mars had life on the planet and that today its still is a theoryjust because they found water . so we cant really question this one its really a matter of beleiveing what you think is real or not .

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Some theories are that a black hole is just a hole in the world caused by too much gravity and dead stars. What is on the other side of these: Maybe nothing, or maybe another world. Black holes suck matter into them and they might be spitting it out on the other side with white holes which spit matter out.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
There exists the idea among some of a “White Hole” being the opposite of a black hole, and this hypothesis is entertained more in science fiction than in actual science journals. Some believe it is the "other side" of a black hole. It is theorized to spew matter and energy out. A flaw in this theory, as many scientists have noted, is that the matter ejected from the white hole would accumulate in the vicinity of the exit hole, and then collapse upon itself, forming a black hole. While I can accept the possibility of matter being ejected on the other side, I just don’t agree that matter would accumulate.

Some yet unknown process of reverse gravity makes me suspect that the matter that enters a black hole gets ejected at such a smallness level that no accumulation of matter accumulates on the other side. It would be ejected at such a small level that the stream of ejected matter would continue into space as far as the level of energy carrying the matter takes it. It could be a stream 300000 light years in length, but whatever the distance it would not become a log jam on the other side as if it were some drain pipe.

Either way this subject matter can be very temporal at times and until we know what science discovers, we are all just speculating. Thanks for the posts. I enjoy discussions of this type and hope that others use the freedom to discuss subject matter that is proving allusive to scientist around the world

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
no answer is adequate as this conjecture is philosophy in the sense of present english and not greek. your closest answer that suffices is the question of what is on the other side of the sun.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
The mechanics of a black hole (like most things up there) is only a theory, Scientists would like you to think they know it all, like when they mention the "Big Bang" they ALWAYS forget to put "Theory" at the end of the word, so it misleads that its a fact.
The same applies wen they say they have found a planet with an earth like atmosphere...tosh, we still don't know much about our own solar system.
Scientists are like just like religious leaders, the can never agree and one knows better than the other, just look at the aggro with the climate change.

SO...I will state my case simply, if nothing, NOTHING can escape a black hole then why is there an ejection plume?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join