It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bird Poo On The Swings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I've just received a very odd request which frankly I have just flatly refused .

A local councillor has given my landlord a little job as regards the park across the road , and that's to 'keep an eye on it' for her . Quite what he was he looking out for over there was previously a mystery , which got ignored .

Now she the councillor has asked him my landlord to clean off the bird poo which is on the swingseats . And in true form for him , he has tried to delegate his job to me . "could you just take a stiff brush and a bucket of water and take it off the swings"?

"No?" was my reply " it's your job , because you made the agreement , not me"

And after a barrel of insults as in 'lazy bastard' , 'putting the rent up' , 'unhelpful turd' . Whatever, he's on the autistic spectrum. But, I'm glad I did not set a precedent by being the last in the line of delegation for wiping up sh1t . Bird sh1t that will be there again tomorrow by the time the pigeons have sat on the swing's top rail .

But here's the dilemma - somehow I feel that I have let down the kids , and shirked a social responsibility I could easily have carried out . At the same time , though , f-em it's not my job , and I'm not having it twice delegated down to some apparent sucker like me who would do it for free . If you do it once , they'll be back asking for more .

Am I wrong to have refused ? Surely two people's concern for the matter should have sent one of them at least to do it . Or should I have responded
favourably to the needs of my local community ?

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
It's simply a job for the parks department.

You had every right to refuse.

"Think of the children" only goes so far.
edit on 17-7-2018 by Lazarus Short because: whoop whoop

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ZIPMATT

No one cleaned up the crack vials and heroine needles in the park I played in as a kid. Let alone the bird crap.

The kids will get over it. It builds character.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
The local councillor has no right to ask the landlord to do the job.
The landlord has no right to ask you to do the job.
Both these jerks should be reported. Go to the local newspaper and see if you can get them interested.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Shoot the birds? It’s for the kids.
Even better, let the kids shoot the birds? Or set traps, catch them and twist their necks?

After that no one will ever deligate a ‘non-job’ onto your shoulders

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I just came here because your title gave me an unwanted black & white Kodak moment, of 3 swings covered in bird 5hit on a freezing wet windy day, swinging randomly, never synchronised, just dead, inanimate, and being relentlessly maimed by the razor sharp teeth of dark endless wind...

Okayyyyyyyyy...

Maybe get together with the people in question, work out a good way, or a rota for people to use, just talk and discuss like men for the kids sake?And if that works go higher, and get some funding to fix the problem etc. I'm sure you already thought all this anyways lol 😁
And why am I here talking about how to prevent pigeons #ting everywhere anyway ? Wtaf? Woah I'm so wrecked bed time

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: FinallyAwake
:<
Now you have made me feel sorry for the children , that they would much prefer to have clean swingseats , and in particular that they wont be doing much swinging in the winter . There are loads of wood pigeons around here and that to my mind just means lbs and lbs of free meat, should it be required . To the kids theyre nasty contaminant spreaders . Its a bit rotten to have flat refused , but it was cheeky just expecting my help on it . Oh well , maybe I'll check and do it myself one day. thanks everyone

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

You should crap on the swings in protest.

top topics

join