It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Loony Left and the Racist Right.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I applaud you for this brave thread. Yes, it's gotten down to childish name calling here on ATS, however, I think some of it is intentional.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

I applaud you for this brave thread. Yes, it's gotten down to childish name calling here on ATS, however, I think some of it is intentional.

I think that sadly you could be correct in that some of it is intentional, for the most part however like I said in the OP I really don't believe that many members of ATS are opening up a thread with the intention of it getting nasty. I think sometimes it just gets heated and thats the unfortunate result.

Thanks for the reply.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Ha ha ha ha ha.

ATS, what has become of thee?

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I believe that a lot of people who weren't previously racist are being caused to be racist by all of the allegations thrown against them. Then the left wishes to politically charge non-european cultures against the most heavily european influenced members of the country and it causes them to be irrationally racist. Fabricated opposition that perhaps was planned to cause grief within the ranks of the right but has been backfiring because the left is swinging so hard to the left that most "conservatives" seem moderate these days...

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

##Attention Ladies and Gentlemen##

The topic is not each other so please focus your minds on the thread topic.

Much smiting will occur if members continue to make posts about each other.

Do not reply to this post.

(post by CornishCeltGuy removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Much smiting lol
Come on Kandinsky I wasn't especially rude, you could have given me an Off-Topic deletion for that couldn't ya?

On-topic, I think terms like loony left and racist right are appropriate in the fringes of both sides. Jeremy Corbyn is loony left in my opinion, and Tommy Robinson is racist right. These terms in my opinion are absolutely relevant to some people.
Posting a thread in the political mudpit whining that people are mean to each other online is lame as #. For the record, I'm the same prick face to face in the pub or whatever as I am online...well actually I'm more diplomatic on ATS because of mods n rules n stuff, and if someone came whining in the pub because people are arguing about something they'd be laughed out.
The mudpit has it's purpose, and people use insults sometimes, get over it I say.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I implore you.....

TDS goes both ways and I have personally seen both Trump supporters and their opposites use this phrase within equally pointless arguments. It’s almost as if when you run out of argument’s you just run to the TDS line because

Something tells me you're buttering us up for another dozen TDS oops, I mean anti Trump threads and applying copious amounts of Vaseline beforehand

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

I would have had to read it to miss it..

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Like most things ATS has it's faults.
And like many old timers I'm guilty of looking at years gone by through rose tinted glasses.

ATS can only be a reflection of those that visit here and maybe even a reflection of society as a whole, perhaps something to ponder on elsewhere.

But ATS is still the best site of its type.....by far.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Hi, I'm looney and you're racist.

Btw, has anyone noticed the murder case in Australia where the transgender murdered three people and her lawyer is arguing that while her male body certainly did it that since *she* was clearly out of her mind and not in her proper body anyhow, she can't be held accountable and should be innocent?

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I agree, I love ATS for the debate, in some ways it's better than facebook, but in other ways it's not due to the anonimity.
I love me a good unmoderated argument on local public facebook pages sometimes. Blokes with no profile picture giving it the large one I just invite for a pint and a game of pool at the boozer of their choosing, nobody has ever taken me up on my offer to date.
On ATS it's too easy to be a keyboard warrior hiding behind a user name and an avatar, so in that sense, alerting to mods is all we can do. But posting a thread in the mudpit whining that people argue too much is pretty lame in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

nah its backwards mate!

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Like most things ATS has it's faults.
And like many old timers I'm guilty of looking at years gone by through rose tinted glasses.

ATS can only be a reflection of those that visit here and maybe even a reflection of society as a whole, perhaps something to ponder on elsewhere.

But ATS is still the best site of its type.....by far.

I think you make a good point about ATS being a reflection of those who visit the site, I would add to that those who contribute to the site and I think its in our interests that that reflection is a good one and not a ugly reflection.

I agree with you that ATS is still bar far the best of its type, but recently I have been finding myself drawn to other corners of the web but I get thats pretty normal.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

The video of that boy screaming is absolutely epic. It's the epitome of the current DNC party. Priceless, it never gets old.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: ketsuko

nah its backwards mate!

Nah, I live my life. I'm pretty sure it's not since I know I'm not racist but I am pretty looney.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Something tells me you're buttering us up for another dozen TDS oops, I mean anti Trump threads

Nothing planned.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enderdog

A call for moral order....perfect!

Especially since you were able to work in a bunch of low key name calling and denigration anyway....

Noted oh font of wisdom!

That's my take away considering the source. Do as I say, not as I do.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join