It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Loony Left and the Racist Right.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I'll just point out that while there's definitely extremists on both sides, the extremists on the left are taking over the party, while the extremists on the right are still ostracized. Maybe normalizing the lunacy is what needs to stop before we can get productive?

Continue.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

You can"t play yourself off as mediator! GTFOH

Not trying to, just trying to highlight that we should probably take a step back and think about what we are actually saying to each other.

Would you disagree with this?
edit on 17-7-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Meh. The "left" and "right" are primarily composed of average ordinary people, most of whom don't spend much time thinking about politics outside of elections or occasional chit chat.

The loons of the extreme left and right, which honestly comprises maybe five percent of the actual voting public, just like to flap their gums and yell real loud.

Now if we're talking politicians, it doesn't matter if they're liberal, conservative, green party, libertarians, or anything else. None of them are normal, average or ordinary. They are all one hundred percent loons.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
If you want it to stop...………………...stop doing threads about you wanting it to stop. It just stirs an already stinking bucket of crap. Have a great day. Go outside, get some sunshine, some fresh air....oh wait your in the U.K. sorry.
edit on 17-7-2018 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
If you want it to stop...………………...stop doing threads about you wanting it to stop. It just stirs an already stinking bucket of crap. Have a great day. Go outside, get some sunshine, some fresh air....oh wait your in the U.K. sorry.

meh if thats your opinion on it fair enough.

Although I would point out that its not rained properly for weeks now, its almost too hot to go out, I am Scottish, this weather is torturous but thats a point for another time.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

If you think this thread is going to have any
effect?

I absolutely disagree

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

If you think this thread is going to have any
effect?

I absolutely disagree

Honestly probably not, but at the very least it seems to be getting people to talk about the issue so I will settle for that.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Now that, I can't argue with.

This heat is killing me... 🌞

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Okay that's fine. But I'm taken bets you go
storm'n off in your stilettos before its over.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

....I miss rain and clouds

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Okay that's fine. But I'm taken bets you go
storm'n off in your stilettos before its over.

I told you I only cross-dress at the weekend!!!

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

....I miss rain and clouds

Me too bro

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Star for you!

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Dude there are moderators for that job, you are not one.
I know the thread that inspired you to author this as well, I told Metalicus not to worry about the protests because it was just Britains loony left. You took offence because you work in healthcare, that I'd dared to indicate mental health problems with the word loony.
Then, your mate TestingTesting started giving me a hard time and attacked me personally based on comments I made in an unrelated thread. You gave it all the large one then like you are a referee or something and I refused to accept any blame because I was attacked first.

Stop thinking you are a moderator, let two adults slug it out if they like, what the # has it got to do with you?
Don't read it if you don't like it, alert to mods if need be, but don't act holier than thou getting involved in other peoples arguments ffs.
Sheesh.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I won't flame you. I fully acknowledge that there's at least 65,853,514 loonies on the left while on the racist right, there's about 113 people.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Dude there are moderators for that job, you are not one.

Not pretending to be just saying that I think we should be more aware of what we are saying.

I know the thread that inspired you to author this as well......

Dude if you think this came out of one thread you are mistaken, I can't really recall the details of the thread you are discussing but I don't really have any "mates" on ATS I just come here to have some discussions and a bit of banter in my down time.

I mean if your annoyed at me getting involved in a argument you have had with another member, fair enough but I would think it would be better if you were to discuss it with me on that thread rather than try to discuss it here because to be quite honest I have only the vaguest of recollection of what your talking about.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: frayedknot
Thank You!!! I think this is something we all need to hear. It is sad that, as adults, we need a reminder to treat each other with kindness and respect. I appreciate your efforts at diplomacy.

What's sad is that as adults, some can't overlook those that don't treat them with kindness and respect. Especially when it's not to their face. People shouldn't be that much of an impact to us adults.

(post by CornishCeltGuy removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join