It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Loony Left and the Racist Right.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I agree with you wholeheartedly.

That said, it would have spoken volumes if you had posted this is some place other than the Mud Pit, even if you quoted the Ts&Cs guiding behavior in this forum.

I will, however, cite your comment about the guidelines again, because it bears repeating probably ever 10 comments in the Mud Pit:

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: pavil

Well I think this is something that gets forgotten about far too much:

Political Mud-Pit Guidlines (revised)

Note that it indicates name-calling, baiting and activity otherwise labeled as political trolling elsewhere on the site. Not generally hateful, bigoted, mean-spirited or gratuitous personal attacks on fellow members. It's also not exempt from the usual forum expectation of remaining on topic.

The Political Mud Pit is not a safe space for trolling for laughs. It's not a place to abuse fellow members. It's not a place to post every inane story you just want to rage about. It's not a place to spam off topic content.

This is simple: The mud pit is not a place where members can personally insult each other. You can rip each other's politics up but you can't get personal just to slag someone you don't like. Additionally, posts must be relevant to the stated thread topic.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

And then I read the rest and it's the same partisan crap you always post...

What is partisan about it, honestly like I said above I have called out the left as much as the right.

I will admit it may not be perfectly balanced but I have done my upmost to make a equal point against both groups where I can.

You're not fooling me guy...

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

No come on now you said this was the same partisan crap I always post.

So what is partisan about it, where have I been unfair?

I have I not called out both the left and the right?

I am only asking you to back up your accusation, if you can't back it up then do your really think you should be making it?
edit on 17-7-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Thank You!!! I think this is something we all need to hear. It is sad that, as adults, we need a reminder to treat each other with kindness and respect. I appreciate your efforts at diplomacy.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I appreciate the sentiment.

Above all else, we should be Americans first, agreeing to disagree on the partisan stuff.

Of course, good luck in today's climate. It isn't very helpful when you have political leaders and pundits losing their minds.
edit on 17-7-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

Of course, good luck in today's climate. It isn't very helpful when you have political leaders and pundits losing their minds.

I think this is a really good point.

The divide in politics is being stirred by all sides of the media and I think that the media have a responsibility to also rise above their shoddy behaviour and be much fairer in their reporting.

link   

Did ya see any videos of the trump protest in Britain?

It's a world wide climate.

link   

nevermind, no thread drift

cheers
edit on 17-7-2018 by wheresthebody because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I think this is a really good point.

The divide in politics is being stirred by all sides of the media and I think that the media have a responsibility to also rise above their shoddy behaviour and be much fairer in their reporting.

As if that will ever happen...

The propaganda is strong.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I like reading your threads when I have a full coffee cup and
nothing more to do.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
The loony and racist left..

You only criticize and hate in other people what you do not like about your own character.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Having lived in Europe during many previous presidencies, I can tell you that has always been the case.

They always protest US presidents. Not very meaningful if you ask me.

Where we have left the rails is here at home, imo.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Fair enough.
At least you are talking from personal experience.
I respect that.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I really dont have a problem with name calling; it helps make clear those who just have nonsense to say and those who's posts are worth reading. There is a lot of content on sights like this one so I find it helpful to easily determine what is worth reading and what is not.

I will however say that on ATS there is a level of generic knee jerk posting that probably could be lessened with just a little for thought. For example I've seen the same person labeled "loony lefty" and "racist righty" in back to back threads. Clearly people cant be both so that means people are not only name calling but they are doing it with out any thought involved. Name call if you must, but at least make it make sense.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Although, I will say I saw something in the London protests I hadn't seen before.

On much of the coverage I managed to watch, it seemed all of the people they interviewed there for US tv were Americans.

I thought that was interesting.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I would suggest that each ATS member has the power within her to control her emotions and not get offended by something she reads. This approach, and working on one's own conduct, is more conducive to freedom than whining and chastising other members for their conduct.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
I would suggest that each ATS member has the power within her to control her emotions and not get offended by something she reads. This approach, and working on one's own conduct, is more conducive to freedom than whining and chastising other members for their conduct.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that this stuff is always offensive although it is human nature to have a emotional reaction to things one reads at at times that can be offence along with a whole range of other emotions.

My point though is not so much about the offence this causes, what bothers me about the type of behaviour I talk about in the OP is more so what it says about the person behaving in such a way and how it negatively impacts on the course of what should be a constructive and interesting political debate.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Not that I disagree, but to float this you would've needed to take more personal responsibility. Imo, you were a prime culprit in ramping up the divide when you were posting multiple OP's a day and attempting to insult and categorize every one you disagreed with.

You ended up taking quite a intellectual beating and now it comes across as , "No Mas!."

Be the change, Otherside, be the change!

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

I think we have all been intellectually bested at times, though I also think that is very much a subjective view point based on if you agree with the posts or not. I don't actually post more than one thread per day, usually though its one a week or so, I have however written several controversial threads and I make no apology for generating discussion around those.

I would reiterate that I know I am not exempt from having resorted to using language that is not appropriate however I do try to control myself as best as I can however I do acknowledge that at times that does slip. Yet I am not the only one who is guilty, I think as I have said in the OP that all of us are probably guilty of this from time to time and my point is that we need to rise above it. [
edit on 17-7-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

You can"t play yourself off as mediator! GTFOH

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join