It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A kitten of mine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   
So it started about a week ago. She stopped coming to the master at night and started to go in a cabinet at night to sleep. At first I didn’t much of it besides me having to clean my plastic ware more often. Then came the upset stomach. I won’t go into much detail here for obvious reasons. So today I am taking her with me to work for a few hours then off to the vet. I personally think she may have a serious infection and would be heartbroken if the worst happens. I am single and my animals are my life, next to my sisters and parents. I feel really upset and think I am worrying too much. Sometimes it sucks to be 30 and know you have much to learn and experience.

Just wanted to vent a little and defiantly can’t do it with others at work or my family. My sisters look to me to always be level headed and strong and my parents are just kinda stupid.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Good luck but one question. Can't you take the kitten to the vet first before going to work? It might be better for your fur baby...

ETA Cats always want to retreat and/or be alone when in pain or discomfort. It's a good warning sign that can be helpful to their staff when noticed.

edit on 17/7/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I hope your kitty is ok. It's good that she has a human who cares about her, it makes all the difference on the world.

I'm waiting on the results from a lump we found on our dog, I'm almost positive it's just a fat deposit, but I'm still terrified, he's my best friend.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Aww hope she's ok. My little girl is my heart. I feel ya.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Normally that would be the plan. But the vet I use is a top rated one here in NV and has appointments till 11AM. So I am just going to take her with me since he is just down the road from my office. He asked me to take my dog in just so the lady’s upfront can see a rare breed and have a good day. But I can’t this time. Today is about my cat. Sorry doggy

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
I hope your kitty is ok. It's good that she has a human who cares about her, it makes all the difference on the world.

I'm waiting on the results from a lump we found on our dog, I'm almost positive it's just a fat deposit, but I'm still terrified, he's my best friend.

I feel your pain. My Great Pyrenees had a calcium issue about a year ago. I was so worried I couldn’t sleep.

I am sure that all will be well with your buddy
I have high hopes for ya

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I do rescues and vets are exhorbitantly expensive but they are my babies too so I just took my rescue dog who has a torn knee ligament. The vet wants over 2k to operate but am doing the holistic approach first. I have one kitty who can only keep down very expensive food-the other 4 can eat regular but still grain free food. Rescues are my passion. Apparently yours, too. Bless you. This is a lucky kitty. Sorry for all the words but mostly wanted to let you know that all my cats have thrown up and been sick at some point and now are doing fine. Hope all is ok.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
I do rescues and vets are exhorbitantly expensive but they are my babies too so I just took my rescue dog who has a torn knee ligament. The vet wants over 2k to operate but am doing the holistic approach first. I have one kitty who can only keep down very expensive food-the other 4 can eat regular but still grain free food. Rescues are my passion. Apparently yours, too. Bless you. This is a lucky kitty. Sorry for all the words but mostly wanted to let you know that all my cats have thrown up and been sick at some point and now are doing fine. Hope all is ok.

There is nothing wrong with using words. And good on you for doing rescues. All of my cats are from those that reached out for help. And ya you are right vets cost a fortune. And todays visit will likely cut into my ant killing fund.

top topics

join