It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
originally posted by: ZIPMATT
A rule is not a law and is therefore subject to a 'bending' effect , whereas laws are fixed . Thus temporal ignorance of these rules of life (such as that of a baby or child) will not stop their continuous application , however gained knowledge of the rules by which human animal and plant life continuously work with , allows life itself to both survive and flourish .
It may seem base , but we all need reminding of what the rules of life really are. We need to communicate on this matter and to share our knowledge of how life works , even what simple fundamentals that life as we know it is based on .
Having read the 48 rules of power , (linked) which is a reasonably long standing document , these rules of life which I produced as a result of my disdain for immoral and scheming points of view are similar in nature , but I am of the opinion that once people see a person as a snake in the grass type , they then proceed with mistrust and continuing caution as regards them . That is no route to power , though the anonymous author makes some salient observations regarding social interactions .
Without further ado , here's a list of 48 bullet points , with some annotations .
1 . Don't draw attention to yourself - nobody likes loud obnoxious behaviour especially at night . If you keep on being raucous eventually you will become a target for predators . People and animals will cringe at your naivety - the louder you are the more you shall be regarded as an unwanted fool . Don't breach the peace unless absolutely necessary .
2. Dont be a hypocrite - Most peopleunderstand what is fair or not, so whenever there is obviously one rule for you , and another for everyone else, you'll stand out like a sore thumb, and may be hated for your injudicious approach , and thence regarded with suspicion .
3. Learn to share - do share because it bestows good favour but watch for people who may drain you dry and then disappear .
4. Use common sense - dont forget there normally is a way of how things are meant to be done .
5. Eat well
6 . Wash up
7. Tidy your house
8. Stay clean
9. Don't act spoiled - you are not automatically owed anything in life , proceed with caution not wanton greed .
10. Don't be ignorant about anything
11. Get up on time , dont be late for work as it causes all sorts of problems
12. Be careful - in the eye of a crocodile , you - with all your aspirations and hopes , your friends, loves , hobbies - are just a foodstuff. Be careful of losing anything , not least , your life .
13. Use resources effectively
14 Bear responsibilities
15 .If it doesnt make sense - yes it does somehow , there is always an explanation for every phenomena even if we dont know the reasons yet . Never go with anyone's dismissal of the existence of true explanations . Persist in finding them if it matters .
16 . Dont waste time
17. Have no regrets
18. Never neglect animals
19 .Know your rights - and also know the rights of others
20. Know the law
21. Anticipate being wrong - a coin has two sides , and there are two sides to every story
22. Expect Elephants
23. Use natural examples
24. Stretch and exercise everyday - dont imagine that your mind is more important than your body
25. Dont take things without returning them
26. Keep your own transport
27. Learn how to fight - an excellent route to premium health , and like riding a bike , not easily forgotten
28. Go the extra mile
29. Catch problems beforetime - the old 'stitch in time saves nine' ,
30. Work for others until you can work for yourself - aim for self employment , always be the employer not the employee
31. Look after your friends and helpers but also those who may have need for help
32. Forgive your enemies - its often quoted , turn the other cheek , but what's often forgotten from the words of jesus , is (once you've been hit twice) ," then have at him" . Determine true intent first , and then deal appropriately .
33. Don't be too nosy
34. Don't believe the hype
35. Reckon on fair gains
36. Look after your neighbours
37. Don't lend or borrow
38. Fulfill agreed odd requests immediately - use this policy as it goes towards being an effective operator
39. Take criticism
40. Find the positives - there are positives to every negative situation , choose to focus upon finding them and avoid beingfdragged down
41. Stock up - its a problem if you're trying to wash with no soap , so for example if soap is being purchased , buy enough to last at the time , rather than remember you forgot
42. Dont listen to bad advice
Here ends the list please add any glaring omissions or any thoughts on these or the 48 rules of power .