It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Boston Herald - The News is Broken

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Yep ... I believe the people in the news as much as I
would believe a used car salesman trying to sell me
Al Bundy's Dodge.
The news IS broken, and idiots
like Dan Rather don't help the situation at all. I'm not
sure what the fix is, but I totally agree that the news
(at least the talking heads version) is broken.

*********************************
The news is broken: Journalists find scandals, image eroding credibility
By Greg Gatlin
Sunday, February 20, 2005
BostonHerald.com

EXCERPT

That the public thinks journalists are only slightly more believable than
used-car salesmen may not come as a shock, given scandals that have
damaged media credibility in recent years.

Zelnick and others say the growing ``red state-blue state'' divide has
played a role, as have radio talk shows that reinforce hostility toward
`the liberal media'.''

But perhaps one of the most powerful factors in the media's recent
credibility gap has been the rise of the blogosphere, which has mobilized
itself as a media watchdog. The Jordan, Gannon and Rather scandals were
all exposed in part by bloggers.

And there may yet be hope for the media.

A recently released study by University of Missouri-Columbia professors
reportedly found that journalists are among the nation's most ethical
professionals, trailing only philosophers, medical students and practicing
physicians.

Full Story:
business.bostonherald.com...=69460




posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Since when are doctors ethical?
Most of the ones I have met are more interested in reducing thier golf score than thier mortality rate.



posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 05:01 AM
link   
How do we know this Uni professor is ethical? He might be deliberately covering up doctors and journalists moral shadyness.
As with most thing, journalists are a cross-spectrume of all shades of grey. there are good, and there are bad, there are honest, and there are immoral journalists. It just seems to me that all the immoral ones are the people that are willing to sell parts of their souls to get on tv, or earn the $$$'s from big name media corporations, in exchange for their ability to 'filter' whats needed to be fed to the masses. If thats the case, then all the ones your most likely to deal with are the scumbags. There are still journalists that hold truth as the shining light, but alas, the eqation works out that, the better they become as journalists, the more probability that they are going to be found as a 'suicide', sometime in the near future.
R.I.P. Hunter S Thompson; One of the best writers America has ever had.



posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I agree I look at News people as scum. Even the pretty women.

Especially the dumbass politcal debaters and know nothings that answer questions sometimes.

Id say 90% of the news I watch I cant stand and the other 10% is interesting or is worth my time watching.



posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Most of the news people are untrustworthy to me. They prey on sensationalizm and ratings. I used to hold Dan Rather on high till I found out I was a right winger when I was 13. My overall opinion of them are they will do and or say anything for and exclusive story and most if not all are bottom feeders. Now from time to time, there appears one or two that practice their craft with integrity and class. H. S. Thompson was one of the very few that actually knew how to write .



posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 03:22 AM
link   
In all serious though, it's on TV guys, the TV doesn't lie, ever! I mean jeez, if the TV lied what next the politicians? The lobby groups? The Corporations that sell us our souls if they could? Come on , it just doesn't add up!



new topics

top topics
 
0

log in

join