It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Should Democrats Do To Regain Their Self-Confidence and Self-Worth?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Democrats can't do anything. If you are truly liberal then you should defect and vote Green Party. The democrats are a corporate entity, that rigs their own primaries. If you arent establishment they don't want you in there. That's it in a nutshell. If you are a liberal and still vote democrat you are a sheep and have been brainwashed. Wake up.

To be fair if you are truly conservative you should be voting strictly constitution party or libertarian party either. If not you are a sheep and have been brainwashed. Wake up.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Division will give Trump a 2nd term.

"Righteousness" without political power is useless.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

There is already division. Trump won because the DNC force fed us Hillary Clinton.

If everyone would just vote for who they thought was the candidate the best aligned with their own personal beliefs we would be a much better country. The only way to break the two party system is to vote independent and third party. I'll probably never vote Dem or Republican again.

Righteousness begets political power. The lesser of two evils is still evil.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

There is already division. Trump won because the DNC force fed us Hillary Clinton.

If everyone would just vote for who they thought was the candidate the best aligned with their own personal beliefs we would be a much better country. The only way to break the two party system is to vote independent and third party. I'll probably never vote Dem or Republican again.

Hillary was the right choice for the DNC.

Allowing Bernie on the DNC ticket was just plain stupid.

I've actually researched both Hillary and Bernie. Bernie is a sham. Anyone who took the time to actually research Bernie would know that.

Not one other person had the support or background Hillary does.

Trump didn't win.

The opposition lost. It is their own fault.

edit on 18-7-2018 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

July 18, 2018

The U.S. House voted on the resolution to SUPPORT I.C.E. today. Here are the results:

House lawmakers voted for a resolution Wednesday that supports Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officials and explicitly condemns Democrats’ calls to abolish the agency.

Members voted 244-35-133 Wednesday afternoon in favor of a resolution GOP Rep. Clay Higgins of Louisiana sponsored that both decries Democrats’ push to do away with ICE and calls for congressional support for the agency and its officials.

Republicans brought the measure to the floor under an expedited procedure, known as suspension of the rules, which allowed the chamber to pass it with a two-third majority.

The majority of House Democrats — 133 — voted “present,” with the remainder split. Eighteen Democrats voted in favor the bill and 35 voted against it. One Republican, Rep. Justin Amash of Michigan, voted with Democrats against the bill. (RELATED: Poll: Little Support For Abolition Of ICE)
Source: dailycaller.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   

I think you are oversimplifying the problem. The reason they weren't sure Hillary could beat trump was because their anti-American agenda had been exposed. Honestly, until they change that, I don't think they'll win another national election. I'd say 2020 is almost in the bag for republicans since they seem to want to push into more anti-American extremes instead of moderating.

As for what happened under Obama? They got lazy and exposed themselves. They used his skin color to shield him from criticism. Which worked well other than the fact that it exposed their true agenda. They got intoxicated by how well it worked for him and instead of hiding behind their special statuses and a moderate message (what Obama ran on) they decided they could shield their hatred for America behind those statuses. It's not working.

It wouldn't have worked for obama if he was not the first black president. There was no way (politically) that the first black president was going to be impeached.

The analogy I like to use is playing a video game with god mode (obama could do whatever he wanted with no real repercussion), then the developer disables god mode (there will never be another first black president). The game is really hard to play when you're used to cheating and rather than figure out how to play the game without the cheat, they are still trying to type the code in or find a hack around the developer patch that disabled it (running the first woman president). Until they accept that the cheat has been disabled and they're going to have rethink their strategy, they're going to do poorly.
edit on 19-7-2018 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Well said! The Democrats are showing more signs of disarray just this week. They caved on their "abolish ICE" drive. And this evening, the liberal MSM pundits are urging the party to NOT embrace radical Alexandria Cortez. But the crowd who supported Bernie Sanders loves her.

You're right. The Democrat in-fighting is preventing a strategy, which will keep them relegated to being the minority party.

Edit to add: Joe Lieberman is also calling on Democrats to reject Alexandria Cortez.
truepundit.com...

edit on 7/19/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Maybe this will help Democrats have more HOPE?

Special Counsel Bob Mueller is publicly displaying photos of the evidence he's going to present in prosecuting former Trump campaign chairman, Paul Manfort.

www.politico.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   

This fight is needed, or is just more of the same, enough of winning for the sake of winning.. The Tea Party had one thing right some yrs back...throw their bums out!!.
edit on 19-7-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Unless there is a contender I don't know about ... We can only hope that happens.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I've actually researched both Hillary and Bernie. Bernie is a sham. Anyone who took the time to actually research Bernie would know that.

Trump didn't win.

But consider this. I voted for Obama over Romney and I voted for Obama over Sarah Palin. Obama was likable and clearly the better candidate over those two.

I didn't vote for Hillary or Trump. I heavily dislike both of them. I voted third party. Millions of Americans either didn't vote or voted third party as well.

It's not about Bernie Sanders or being "Qualified". It's about who is a good person and who is a good leader. That's who you vote for.

I've been an elected official before. Qualifications don't mean anything...you have people there to help you from everything from Procedure to finances. All you need to do the right thing. I didn't believe Hillary or Trump would do the right things in office. Hillary showed how shady she was in the primary...just as shady as Trump. They're also friends. He's donated to her campaigns before and she was at his last wedding. That their different is a sham, created by the media.

Again, Remember the lesser of two evils is still evil. There are always other choices.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Trump didn't win.

But consider this. I voted for Obama over Romney and I voted for Obama over Sarah Palin. Obama was likable and clearly the better candidate over those two.

I didn't vote for Hillary or Trump. I heavily dislike both of them. I voted third party. Millions of Americans either didn't vote or voted third party as well.

It's not about Bernie Sanders or being "Qualified". It's about who is a good person and who is a good leader. That's who you vote for.

I've been an elected official before. Qualifications don't mean anything...you have people there to help you from everything from Procedure to finances. All you need to do the right thing. I didn't believe Hillary or Trump would do the right things in office. Hillary showed how shady she was in the primary...just as shady as Trump. They're also friends. He's donated to her campaigns before and she was at his last wedding. That their different is a sham, created by the media.

Again, Remember the lesser of two evils is still evil. There are always other choices.

NO

I find that to be a nice, but naive position.

In reality its about having the power to make changes.

Consider the people behind the figure head.

The presidency is not one person.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I think all the democrats need is to not be Trump. You know the guy that sold us out to Putin and became his little +itch. Bent over bigly. The guy that established tariffs that are destroying the farming heartland of America.

The DNC can't believe their good fortune everytime Trump runs his mouth. And the "sweetness" is that it's his own fault.
I live in the farming heartland. The farms are fine.
but go on, make up more fake news
edit on 21-7-2018 by AutisticEvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Don't focus on any politics greater than local... focus especially on those politics that need to be taken to federal, but exhaust every route of the state first. Federal can't do anything but their departments and agencies can get the ball moving between the two.

Statutes are NOT laws they are like HOA dues so if the majority of citizens changes their taste? Some dumbasses no matter the party have to go and legislate instead of minding their own damned business.

This means the more statutes there are? The farther away from the US constitution or countries health we get... and that just means greater issues for the union itself.

This is why separation of church and state is written the federal should never have ANY dealings with church... it's why the US was established it's why we fought the CROWN which was currency not the rulership.

The rulership levied taxes through the church... yet we do not leavy churches for taxes... even though they are allowed full voice as if there was no separation.

This no separation is the issue in all politics; even Mao knew this of course he failed thinking of missionary sort of diplomats of the past and went too far in attacking also cultural exchange. However as economics go? He didn't as all of that cultural exchange is made then sold right back to people from where it came from.

What? That's just good business; and why so many other countries call "Americans" fat and lazy... like why don't you all make your own crap? Since you don't? Your noses and weapons get into everyone's faces they don't belong into.

Why oh well to many materialism IS the ideal... when honestly food/water production and safe sanitary housing and removal of waste is what or where a group of peoples main concerns should lay. As those are what a group gathered together need to live.

Solo needs that too; however that is only made complicated by those groups that have stopped moving around and formed a chain of slavery called supply and demand... this chain has bound all countries and made borders, walls, fences something thought greater to protect than just simply life. That has gotten so complicated and convoluted where to many THAT is no kind of life at all especially where kindness ceases to exist.

We physically may be a complicated life form; however mentally we don't need to be... so thought like breath arises and passes the same as happiness and sadness that is just the normal human state of being. Attaching to happy one then leaves no room for sad, attaching to sad leaves no room for happy... so life then gets out of balance; and individual like breath? It can be felt. Some things are better left so that there is room to breathe, room to expand to relax.

When it comes to politics? Things not law and some things that are? Need the same.

Collective noose should be left to being called the equator; not some space ungraspable called "mind" we try to constantly try to lynch mob each other physically with.

It used to be said an idle hand was "the devils work" when something something touches you in the head called thought that has nothing to do with you or helps another eat, drink, have shelter or to be able to remove waste? Where do you think that idle hand then is resting or pointing your nose? Off of your task that always ends at the end of your nose of course. The tasks to help family? The same even though that task is typically given from a mouth under someone else's nose.

Nosing around in places tasks or things not one's business is like an animal scouring and scavenging around trying to scrap out some garbage that is not fit for human consumption; consumption was an early term for cancer, and like rust on steel it will eventually corrupt the metal if not kept to task well oiled and used properly.

The same goes for the human being, sure many of us see how easy it is to act like an animal in human form thinking it is easier or will lead to better than rampant consumption or a cancer to all life; looking on a global scale as waste goes? All of that put back into humanity would feed, shelter and allow the removal of waste for all individuals...

So honestly ask yourself what's the problem? The real issue; not the imagined or temporary issue.

edit on 21-7-2018 by BEBOG because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-7-2018 by BEBOG because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join