It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Should Democrats Do To Regain Their Self-Confidence and Self-Worth?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Dems are worrying because Bernie Sanders had the people's backing, but they black balled him because he's anti aristocratic. Hillary was the kiss of death, Russia or not.

On a totally different tangent, Trump made eyes at Putin today like a 7th grade girl. What the hell us that all about?

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Move to Iran for 50 years ?

Perhaps that experience would "toughen them up", like it did for Valerie Jarrett.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

You're calling for a clean reboot of the entire American system. That's well and good, but Democrats need quick repair.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

Good points. If Democrats reflected on their original core party values and re-applied them, the party would once again be honorable enough to attract Republican respect, like your parents had for John F Kennedy.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

They simply need to take the red pill and #WalkAway - the DNC are a lost cause, now indistinguishable from a racist hate group run by bigoted retards.

There is one problem with that. They are run by TPTB and are the other. There is always that ace hidden. Now will Tulsi or Biden win...IDK .I also don’t know if anything will be fixed. What I do know is that TPTB will continue the divide that is currently happening.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
They need to tone down the violent rhetoric and stop openly embracing the radical far-left. Every day they continue on this path, the more support they will bleed from their party.

Also, they actually need a platform to run on besides just anti-Trump hysteria. They have no plan for the economy, no plan for unemployment, even the stuff they preach about like free college and healthcare... no plan whatsoever.

I'm genuinely surprised by how TRADITIONAL/SENSIBLE Democrats are never invited to CNN or MSNBC. They say essentially what you said in your post. Instead, they're invited to appear on Fox News. I don't think the people who need to hear what they are espousing, watches Fox News.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

OK.. If I'm reading you correctly, your suggestion is to let the party implode and start over, with new, intelligent leaders who are in touch with what Americans want and need. It might be coming to that, since we appear to be heading into another Democrat "shellacking" in November 2018.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Label everyone RACISTS.

I believe that was the Democrat's theme for the first half of 2017?

Trump's "Muslim" ban.
Trump loves KKK.
Trump turns down NAACP invitation. (After they said horrible things about him.)
Trump blames "both sides" in Black vs White conflicts.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
They need to convince Hawaiian representative Tulsi Gabbard to be the new face of the Democrat party. Perhaps they are saving that card for later??

Tulsi has enjoyed an impressive career thus far.
gabbard.house.gov...

Why DNC Chair Tom Perez has chosen Alexandira Ocasio-Cortez as the "future" of the Democratic party is curious.
Controversial Cortez:
nypost.com...

It is very curious that he has been chosen recently, but most likely that is flack. It is going to be Biden and hopefully Tulsi as VP.

It's interesting that Joe Biden polls better amongst Democrats than Hillary, or Bernie, and even Oprah.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

They simply need to take the red pill and #WalkAway - the DNC are a lost cause, now indistinguishable from a racist hate group run by bigoted retards.

What about if "normal" Democrats march and protest, demanding that Schumer and Pelosi be replaced with a younger, more sensible Senator and Congressperson.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:33 AM
link   
It is only because that is the name your average American would recognize the most as the last person for the party they could recall being trusted. Which is a bit disturbing considering he loves to get handsy with people's wives and daughters.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Look2theSacredHeart

Dems are worrying because Bernie Sanders had the people's backing, but they black balled him because he's anti aristocratic. Hillary was the kiss of death, Russia or not.

When you look at the field during the 2016 election, 17 Republicans vs only 2 Democrats, it makes me wonder if Bernie was aloud to run on the dem ticket just so he could bring the college/millennial vote into the democrat fold. I don't think they realized that he would become a populist candidate, I mean just look at his rallies compared to Clinton's, and they went into full damage control mode.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:37 AM
link   

They need to convince Hawaiian representative Tulsi Gabbard to be the new face of the Democrat party. Perhaps they are saving that card for later??

gabbard.house.gov...

Why DNC Chair Tom Perez has chosen Alexandira Ocasio-Cortez as the "future" of the Democratic party is curious.
Controversial Cortez:
nypost.com...

It is very curious that he has been chosen recently, but most likely that is flack. It is going to be Biden and hopefully Tulsi as VP.

It's interesting that Joe Biden polls better amongst Democrats than Hillary, or Bernie, and even Oprah.

Biden is not a bad choice and literary has nothing to loose. I would vote Biden or Trump. There is no other person that could possibly be considered for POTUS. Unless Tulsi has enough counseling by that time. Then she has my vote hands down.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Look2theSacredHeart

On a totally different tangent, Trump made eyes at Putin today like a 7th grade girl. What the hell us that all about?

You're right about Bernie. His rally crowds were much larger than Hillary's. It's a shame that Bernie's wife (Jane Sanders) was threatened by Hillary's hit-squad.

President Trump is a huge lover of military tough guys. He admires Vladimir Putin's toughness, and he realizes that Russia has a nuclear arsenal that could destroy the planet, just as the USA does.

The New York Times published a short video animation depicting Trump and Putin as Gay Lovers. It's made a lot of LGBT groups mad for some reason. Here it is:

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

When I saw that 2011 video of Congressman Jeff Sessions swatting away Joe Biden's hand before Joe could touch Session's little grand-daughter, I knew that everyone in D.C. had to be aware of Biden's fetishes.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:51 AM
link   

gabbard.house.gov...

Controversial Cortez:
nypost.com...

Biden is not a bad choice and literary has nothing to loose. I would vote Biden or Trump. There is no other person that could possibly be considered for POTUS. Unless Tulsi has enough counseling by that time. Then she has my vote hands down.

That is why a Biden-Tulsi ticket would be a serious challenge to Trump-Pence, if things go sour in, or for America, before 2020.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

It is a shame they have not found something/someone to rally behind to provide a united front.

That's because right now, the party seems to be driven by fear. Three weeks ago, it was FEAR of what would happen to illegal immigrant children. Last week, it was FEAR that SCOTUS nominee Kavanaugh would make killing unborn babies illegal. And now, it's FEAR that Russians will negatively influence Democrat voters in November.

Its not fearing driving the party, its the party using fear and hate as terroristic weapons to manipulate the masses.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   
They could start by putting America and Americans at the tippy top of all their policies instead of trying to create new Americans loyal to them.
They could stop playing identity politics, judge people on their merits and actions and keep it consistent regardless of sex, race, religion etc etc if it’s ok/not ok for someone to do/say then it’s ok/not ok for anyone and everyone.

The thing with what I see of the Dems (I’m Aussie so not the best person to opine) is they have gone so far off the deep end that there really isn’t any coming back. For them now it’s either civil war or to completely start again, get rid of every single member of the party and start again with actual contributing Americans (no dual citizens) and rebuild trust.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Darn it
Dbl post
edit on 17/7/2018 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I saw the movie the Russians are Coming when I was a kid 50 years ago.
Never dreamed they would do a remake of it entirely like this.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join