It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keeping Severely sick, suffering infants alive - what is the point?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I would try to save a kid if I knew it could be saved. In some cases, where the kid will never have a quality life and will die anyway, I would probably let them go. I am talking about if it was my kid. Sometimes it is better that something dies than suffer for a long time. I guess people now are thinking extending your life even though it increases your time suffering is better. Quality of life needs to be considered. I am glad I will have the choice to pull the plug on myself or the wife doing it when it is time to relieve my suffering. I will not sign a do not resuscitate, but I will make my wishes clear to my kids. I do not want them pulling the plug on me just because I need bypass surgery either.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Life.

Constant struggle. The definition of.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Life.
Constant struggle. The definition of.

Is there a point in life ... if you are not living it

If your brain is dead and a machine is keeping your body from dying?

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
This is a tough topic and I don't think there is a right answer. The other issue is that there is no real definition of when someone is worth saving versus if someone should just be allowed to die.

It is hard to pass judgment or say what you will do unless you are a parent.

I've been blessed that my two children are healthy. However, my second child was born 2 mos premature. My wife's water broke 3 weeks before she was even born. There was a real possibility, my daughter could have been born with some developmental issues. Fortunately, other than barely being 4lbs when born, she has turned out just fine.

I really don't know what I would have done had she been born really messed up. My guess is that I probably would have said "let her go" as I generally don't see the point of keeping a child who isn't able to survive on their own. It is a tough position to take, but I believe when we do extend life like that, it is for the parents, not the child.

I know if I am basically a vegetable, I don't want to be kept alive at the behest of a power company.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
We keep the frail and terminal children alive to make up for all the healthy foetuses that we terminate.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join