It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The not-so-secret-story about how a country interfered to win an election

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

The entire Russia narrative is designed to make trump illegitimate and the primary reason he was elected. So basically he stole the election with help from Russia. The MSM will hammer this up until 2020.

That doesn't make sense. While Trump and people he is connected with have put themselves in this position, his presidency is still legitimate and that cannot be changed unless he is removed from office.

Of course Russia tried to influence our election and wanted trump to win. Doesnt mean they had a closed door meeting or were even working together.

Therein lies the problem. People surrounding Trump did have closed door meetings and were willing to work together with the Russians for specific ends. That is the reason we are in this situation today.

Not because of the media. Not because of Trump haters.

Because of his peoples own actions.

Hillary was a war monger who was very anti Russia during the entire Syrian conflict why would they want her to win? How many proxy wars did we have going on under Obama trying to topple governments?

You are correct. I can see why Russia would want Trump and I can see why they may have tried to help him out.

Now if we could only get Trump to admit the reality of the situation.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: DBCowboy

We ignore the facts that countries meddle with other countries all the time.

The difference is that this time a hostile foreign power put a puppet in the most powerful seat in the world. And you are okay with that because "everybody does it?"

Prove it.

Easy enough to do.

Prove that Russia flipped the election from Hillary to Trump.

Prove it.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

It wasn't the Russians that forced Hillary Clinton down voter's throats. That was the DNC.

A bank robber can hardly cry foul if they get mugged leaving the scene of a crime.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Okay, so let's say Trump lost.

We'd have the same conversation with Russian bots supporting Hillary, every third party candidate and who could forget the Steele dossier.

Any time there is a social conversation they'll pose as both sides, ie, antifa and alt-right.

They know what they're doing, but most of the country would rather mold this to fit their narrative.

As if anyone should be surprised Russias true mission is just to cause unrest and division. Like they have been since the end of WWII.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

So when the US does it and corp interests like KFC & coke follow after the wall came down its called protecting your country.

Nope. The rationale was to help the Russian people learn to live in a liberal democratic society that can interact freely with the rest of the world, instead of their traditional autocracy. Yeltsin anointed Putin, and it was back to Tsarism.

When Russia does it not so much to put Trump in but to keep Clinton out (who kept beating the war drums against Russia) its called an attack on democracy

That's because it was. Remember, the goal was not to get Trump elected, it was to hamstring the Clinton presidency and turn the heat up on America's culture wars. Trump's slender technical victory was simply an undreamed of bonus.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Did anyone ever think that the lefts assertion is that Hillary voters were so stupid, that Russian-generated memes caused them to switch over to Trump.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I did.

Left wing supporters are so easily influenced.

All it takes is a tweet.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The difference is that this time a hostile foreign power put a puppet in the most powerful seat in the world. And you are okay with that because "everybody does it?"

Prove it.

Easy enough to do.

Prove it.

Unfortunately they don't have to. Some of the media and a large part of the country is fine with selling it as fact without evidence because they are "enlightened".

Just like there are members here fine with selling "the fact" Putin ordered it (he probably did). But that hasn't come out yet, it's a very plausible case but let's not sell it as fact yet.

But I asked one member yesterday to source that, and if they believed it, did he order the dossier too..... Crickets.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Prove it.

Easy enough to do.

Prove it.

If they didn't do it they are sure not shy about taking credit for it.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

We'd have the same conversation with Russian bots supporting Hillary, every third party candidate and who could forget the Steele dossier.

The conversation would be completely different.

Remember, that other countries meddle in the affairs of others is well known, correct?

What is the difference is that Trump people were connected deeply with people from that country and even met with them in order to potentially get political dirt on their opponents.

That is not comparable to throwing money at a US firm for opposition research.

They know what they're doing, but most of the country would rather mold this to fit their narrative.

The narrative is obvious and ridiculous, from all sides.

As if anyone should be surprised Russias true mission is just to cause unrest and division. Like they have been since the end of WWII.

True. It's unfortunate that Trump surrounded himself with people that took the bait and helped perpetuate that end.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Celebration is taking credit?

So did Obama win the election for Macron since he endorsed him and celebrated his victory?

Oh no, did he meddle with an ally?

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

But I asked one member yesterday to source that, and if they believed it, did he order the dossier too..... Crickets.

Russia routinely captures kompromat on people doing business in Russia. Trump was an easy mark. I'm not sure what you are actually asking, though.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

So the Hillary voters were so stupid, that Russia was able to convince them to change their vote.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

So did Obama win the election for Macron since he endorsed him and celebrated his victory?

Obama's endorsement may have helped Macron with the African minorities in France. But an open endorsement is not a secret subversive campaign.

Oh no, did he meddle with an ally?

Absolutely not. He openly shared his opinion.

link   

Remember, that other countries meddle in the affairs of others is well known, correct?

Sure is.

Renaissance Capital, a Russian investment bank with ties to the Kremlin and which was promoting Uranium One stock, paid Bill Clinton $500,000 for a speech in Moscow shortly after the Rosatom acquisition of Uranium One was announced.[32][33]

Thunder Strzoked!

Obviously some more than others.

link   
a reply to: introvert

You say Trump surrounded himself with people who had close tries with Russian officials...

Bush and Obama's (administrations) had close ties with Russian officials.

Why are you surprised when you get tens of career politicians together some are going to have ties when they've been working in the realm of foreign relations?

I'm not whitewashing any wrong doing... I just haven't seen the result of the investigation, so I'm playing devils advocate. And if you look at my comments I lean towards Russian meddling, I'm just not going to sell collusion as fact.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

So the Hillary voters were so stupid, that Russia was able to convince them to change their vote.

No, the whisper campaign was so effective that Democrats and Independents stayed home. Trump lost the popular vote, remember? If a few thousand more people in Wisconsin got out of bed and trudged to the polls we wouldn't be having this conversation.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I would not say that. I would say that many Obama voters were so stupid that they fell for the Hope and Change bs, found out it was all bs, and then voted for the same thing again by switching to vote for Trump.

Many Obama supporters have openly admitted that they now support Trump.

Both had very similar messages and appealed to the same sorts of people.

Sadly, Hope and Change worked again.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Bush and Obama's (administrations) had close ties with Russian officials.

Were their campaigns run by a Russian agent like Trump's was?

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

No, the whisper campaign was so effective that Democrats and Independents stayed home. Trump lost the popular vote, remember? If a few thousand more people in Wisconsin got out of bed and trudged to the polls we wouldn't be having this conversation.

So the Hillary voters were so stupid that they were easily manipulated.

Okay.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join