It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The not-so-secret-story about how a country interfered to win an election

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Congress has already decided on sanctions. And I have never said Trump should lambaste Putin over it. You can ask as many times as you want, I don't know why you ask me. I only hoped for some basic decency and patriotism. Alas.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

The entire Russia narrative is designed to make trump illegitimate and the primary reason he was elected. So basically he stole the election with help from Russia. The MSM will hammer this up until 2020.

Of course Russia tried to influence our election and wanted trump to win. Doesnt mean they had a closed door meeting or were even working together.

Hillary was a war monger who was very anti Russia during the entire Syrian conflict why would they want her to win? How many proxy wars did we have going on under Obama trying to topple governments?

edit on 17-7-2018 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   
The "right" was so angry when Obama bowed.

Saying how he cow-towed to foreign leaders.

Trump doesn't bow. He's a real man. He just has private meetings with foreign leaders. Just loves them in private. That's ok. He's awesome!

We love him!

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

There is no patriotism in supporting hypocrisy. If people have a problem with countries meddling in others elections it needs to be all or nothing. Is like the nuke scenario we're not gonna destroy all our nukes cause there's no gaurentee the other guy will destroy theirs. So the bad crap continues.

I don't support nukes or election tampering so I'm not gonna be patriotic about either and since I recognize my country's refusal to stop either I'm not gonna condemn another country for doing the same while not simultaneously condemning my own.

I suspect this is how many feel about this and is people aren't being as "patriotically" against Russia and pro US over this issue.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I don't get it. Even part of the Republicans and Fox News have been lambasting Trump over this. But all of a sudden the liberal anti-Trump brigade on ATS has realized they were fools all along? Sounds legit.

link   
a reply to: Admitted

Obama met with Putin too and told him to "cut it out dude" right to his face. What a hard mofo and Putin listnened. Talk about a real man amirite?

link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: DBCowboy

Whataboutism at it's finest.

How about this. American democracy was compromised from a foreign nation! And how many times have I seen Trump zealots yell and scream about emails, that democrats voter base was from non-citizens. This is literally a deflection tactic, Oh look Trump is being exposed, lets start pointing out other nations for the same immoral and borderline criminal instances. How does it feel to know Trump may have won because of heavy Non american influences?
How American is that?

But hey, the US should know all about influencing other nations elections, I guess the citizens don't see an issue with it. (Colombia, Vietnam, Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, Somalia, Cuba, Russia, Germany, the list can go on, and on.)

But, Trumps involved so it's OK this time around.

Whataboutism...I love it. People give something a name, and think that excuses them from ignoring facts.

It's entirely relevant to the conversation, because it proves that the Dems are freaking out over something not because of who or what was done, but because they lost and this is a scapegoat to distract from their epic failure to win an election.

It wasn't the Russians that forced Hillary Clinton down voter's throats. That was the DNC. She was a flawed candidate who already lost once before to a first term Senator from Illinois.

Hillary lost, because she's Hillary.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

They wanted Hillary because...Trump.

The left could have run Satan himself herself (which they pretty much did with Killary) and nothing would be different.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

Obama met with Putin too and told him to "cut it out dude" right to his face. What a hard mofo and Putin listnened. Talk about a real man amirite?

Ha, no. You're right. I've no love for Obama either.

But at least he said something. And publicly. And didn't pass blame.

Am i right?

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
There is no patriotism in supporting hypocrisy. If people have a problem with countries meddling in others elections it needs to be all or nothing.

No, it needs to be America first, then hopefully other countries too.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Russia is gonna look out for Russia and no amount of theater is gonna change that. I guess trump could have strong manned the ex KGB president but would it have worked? No

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Russia is gonna look out for Russia and no amount of theater is gonna change that. I guess trump could have strong manned the ex KGB president but would it have worked? No

No.

But he could have been a leader. And not, you know...sucked his teat?

This isn't left mad...it's right there. Our president meeting with a foreign leader. Of a country known to meddle in our elections.

He ignores. Our president ignores it.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

A word about nukes...they're one thing which, no matter what, will NEVER go away!

No candidate, no leader, no body, despite what they may say, will ever eliminate them. Ever! Just won't happen.

No matter how much you reduce them, no matter how much you restrict them and no matter how much you shame people who possess them...someone will always have some. Always.

Always and forever...until a newer, even more destructive, weapon is developed. Only then will nukes fall from favor.

ETA - Nukes are like scrambled eggs; you can't un-scramble them and put them back in the shell. Just can't do it.

edit on 7/17/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Mum reply to: Cutepants

So when the US does it and corp interests like KFC & coke follow after the wall came down its called protecting your country.

When Russia does it not so much to put Trump in but to keep Clinton out (who kept beating the war drums against Russia) its called an attack on democracy

Lol

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I haven't called it anything like that. This thread is a real hotbed for straw men, jeez.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

I've not seen one person "act" like this is a new discovery unknown till now. That is a common red herring used to deflect from lack of a better rebuttal.

Really??? Then why has it been plastered all over every MSM site, 24x7x365 non-stop, for the past 18 months...but NOT plastered all over every MSM site for the past 40 years?????????

I don't know, and I'm not sure that has anything to do with what I have said.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I agree. Doesn't mean I have to like them or be all patriotic about my country having them.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

Oh I admit he should shrug it off and say just that. But I think the problem there is that would put the US in the unique position of admitting we do it. Right now everyone knows each other does it but all have a policy of denial. So I guess we have an example of Trump following the status quo.

I'd love him to say yeah Russia did it and so have we Brittain and several other nations. So what? But that's not gonna happen cause Trump is more a part of the system than some would like to admit.

It does not change however that this is nothing more than McCarthyism 2.0 and everyone is falling for it and losing their #.

Sure. As long as you admit that people are not acting like this is some new discovery.

As far as McCarthyism, I think Trump and his supporter's approach to the intel community and such would fall under that definition.

You cannot fault the media for reporting the news as it was created. This entire Russia BS was created by Russia's actions and some of the people Trump decided to surround himself with.

We would be better served to remember that none of this would be an issue if it weren't for the actions of those I just mentioned.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

We ignore the facts that countries meddle with other countries all the time.

The difference is that this time a hostile foreign power put a puppet in the most powerful seat in the world. And you are okay with that because "everybody does it?"

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Admitted

No.

But he could have been a leader. And not, you know...sucked his teat?

This isn't left mad...it's right there. Our president meeting with a foreign leader. Of a country known to meddle in our elections.

He ignores. Our president ignores it.

You do realize that even our allies pump money through Canadian NGO's that eventually get put into super pacts right?

You think Israel and Saudi Arabia don't try and influence who wins our elections? You think we don't do the same to them?

Let me tell you the difference, when we or our allies do it, we pick a side.

Russia played both so no matter who won there would be outrage. Further more, they play both sides of big issues online to keep the pot stirring.

I don't get why people over look that and just run with "the Kremlin installed Trump".

As if they're so powerful they can sway a country of 330~ million by hopping on social media.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join