It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The not-so-secret-story about how a country interfered to win an election

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: Gothmog
I still want to know how Russia interfered with the election .
Someone explain.
Did they take out Trump or Clinton ?
Did they physically change the vote count ?
Did they vote ?
Did they stand outside of voting locations holding batons ?
Did the Russians somehow pull off a Dr. Frankenstein and bring a bunch of departed souls back long enough to vote ?
Did the Russians provide access for illegal aliens to register to vote ?

Actually, most of what you posted the Democratic party did.

So if we follow the reasoning, it appears that the DNC works for Putin.

Weird, isn't it?

Don’t forget the MSM too. The ones who assured America Trump had no path to 270, Clinton was up 20+ in all polls, there was no possible way Trump could be elected. Did those statements not keep many voters home? Voters who were assured HRC would be the next POTUS by their own country’s “journalists”? Which, of course, implies there is no reason to vote. I would argue these people were the most responsible for those 30,000+ Americans, in those critical states, not voting, the ones Clinton needed. There were enough sanctuary cities and Democratic strongholds in those “flyover” states to carry Clinton...had not MSM convinced them to stay home, that they weren’t needed.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   
One of the more interesting things in this thread is the deafening silence from the usual liberal left Trump haters here on ATS!

Just complete silence!

Screams volumes, doesn't it?

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73
a reply to: strongfp

"We came, we saw, He died"

"What difference does it make"

"You mean with a cloth".

I didn't need the Russians to tell me Hillary should never be trusted.

I’m sure the argument will be that the Russians used ventriloquism to put those words in her mouth, along with the deplorable statement we all also watched her speak publicly.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants
a reply to: DBCowboy

But don't you have any pride in your own nation? It's your job to protect America, not those other countries. Well, at least people are admitting it happened now, unlike Trump.

Not sure at what degree "it happened", but I asked this before. If Trump was to lambaste Putin over this, and Putin was to bring up something like the OP just did, wouldn't that make Trump and the entire US look incredibly foolish?

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
One of the more interesting things in this thread is the deafening silence from the usual liberal left Trump haters here on ATS!

Just complete silence!

I think that's because the answer to this:

If Trump was to lambaste Putin over this, and Putin was to bring up something like the OP just did, wouldn't that make Trump and the entire US look incredibly foolish?

Is yes. And it's actually what they have been doing. (the looking incredibly foolish part)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Admitted

But it's simple, as you say, everyone does it.

We just know about it now because Trump?

Well, ok. I'm glad we know about it now. We should do something. Trump should do something. Not meet with the guy on equal terms.

Equal terms? Do you even comprehend the OP? If Russia meddled we are on equal terms when it comes to meddling in elections.

Nationalism is a disease that infects the minds abilty to be rational.

What moral high ground does the US sit on when we brag about election meddling?

I'll take diplomacy over wartime rhetoric.

Right, but it isn't "if" Russia meddled. It isn't rhetoric, it's fact. They did.

And you are just saying we are no better? We have no moral high ground to sit on? Probably right.

But read your own words. You're fighting for what you're denouncing.

Not sure about you, but I’ve yet to see any actual evidence, outside of comments by alphabet agencies...which any lawyer will tell you is hearsay. Can you point me to the actual evidence? Now, I don’t doubt it happened...but I do believe in due process and innocent until PROVEN guilty. Or do Russians not have the same rights as the illegal immigrants illegally crossong the border daily? You know, the last “crisis” the left has completely forgotten about.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us

Well, ok. I'm glad we know about it now. We should do something. Trump should do something. Not meet with the guy on equal terms.

Equal terms? Do you even comprehend the OP? If Russia meddled we are on equal terms when it comes to meddling in elections.

Right, but it isn't "if" Russia meddled. It isn't rhetoric, it's fact. They did.

And you are just saying we are no better? We have no moral high ground to sit on? Probably right.

Not sure about you, but I’ve yet to see any actual evidence, outside of comments by alphabet agencies...which any lawyer will tell you is hearsay. Can you point me to the actual evidence? Now, I don’t doubt it happened...but I do believe in due process and innocent until PROVEN guilty. Or do Russians not have the same rights as the illegal immigrants illegally crossong the border daily? You know, the last “crisis” the left has completely forgotten about.

Come on. The evidence is in google. Just search, you'll find a million. It's not disputed.

But, you're right. Russians are the new downtrodden. We should respect their rights. We should give them teddy bears. Just like we do the illegals crossing our border.

This is dumbassery. Come on man.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Maybe Trump gave Putin a teddy bear in that meeting.

I mean, probably....

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Whataboutism at it's finest.

How about this. American democracy was compromised from a foreign nation! And how many times have I seen Trump zealots yell and scream about emails, that democrats voter base was from non-citizens. This is literally a deflection tactic, Oh look Trump is being exposed, lets start pointing out other nations for the same immoral and borderline criminal instances. How does it feel to know Trump may have won because of heavy Non american influences?
How American is that?

But hey, the US should know all about influencing other nations elections, I guess the citizens don't see an issue with it. (Colombia, Vietnam, Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, Somalia, Cuba, Russia, Germany, the list can go on, and on.)

But, Trumps involved so it's OK this time around.

Ah yes, the old “whataboutism” term the liberals love to roll out when confronted with their own hypocrisy.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Just complete silence!

Not really, unless you subscribe to the logical fallacy you just employed.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Come on. The evidence is in google. Just search, you'll find a million. It's not disputed.

But, you're right. Russians are the new downtrodden. We should respect their rights. We should give them teddy bears. Just like we do the illegals crossing our border.

So that’s a no, you can’t?

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   
What I'm finding absurd is how many people are acting like all this election meddling is some kind of new discovery unknown til now and this is the moment to do something about it. How ignorant does one have to be to have not known this has been happening since elections were first a thing?

This whole scenario is cherry picked for politically purposes and anyone with even a shred of honesty knows it.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   

So that’s a no, you can’t?

I can't be smart for you. No.

I'm a total failure.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   

We ignore the facts

That they do.

They IGNORE Clinton 'won' the popular vote.

They IGNORE the electoral college is what determines our elections.

And they IGNORE operation Boots in the 70s.

They IGNORE Operation Mongoose's in the 60s.

They Ignore Syria's.

They Ignore Lybias.

They Ignore trying to fix elections in ISRAEL by the last administration.

They IGNORE Backing the Russian Opposition in the UKRAINE not too long ago.

Twitter bots is tame by comparison compared to the SNIP this country has done.
edit on 17-7-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

What I'm finding absurd is how many people are acting like all this election meddling is some kind of new discovery unknown til now and this is the moment to do something about it.

I've not seen one person "act" like this is a new discovery unknown till now.

That is a common red herring used to deflect from lack of a better rebuttal.

This whole scenario is cherry picked for politically purposes and anyone with even a shred of honesty knows it.

I believe this entire deal is made much bigger by Trump's inability to admit the reality of the situation.

If "everyone is doing it", why can't Trump accept that and move forward? But he doesn't. He keeps denying what his supporters are claiming to be be commonplace.

It's very odd to see such a stark contrast in his comments and the comments of his apologists.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   
And they IGNORE this FACT.

In June 2016, a class action lawsuit was filed against the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and former DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz for violating the DNC Charter by rigging the Democratic presidential primaries for Hillary Clinton against Bernie Sanders.

Rigged Primaries

It takes some EPIC, and I do mean EPIC mental gymnastics to whine about Rushya.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I've not seen one person "act" like this is a new discovery unknown till now. That is a common red herring used to deflect from lack of a better rebuttal.

Really??? Then why has it been plastered all over every MSM site, 24x7x365 non-stop, for the past 18 months...but NOT plastered all over every MSM site for the past 40 years?????????
edit on 7/17/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   
All the fault lies with the media. CNN, MSNBC, not FOX though.

Not the actual story. Not that Russia meddled in our elections.

Just that the "left" is mad. Just that people are blaming Trump. The leader...the one meeting with this c*sucker privately. The leader of the country who f'ed with ours...

I don't understand how people aren't outraged by this. Why defending him?

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Oh I admit he should shrug it off and say just that. But I think the problem there is that would put the US in the unique position of admitting we do it. Right now everyone knows each other does it but all have a policy of denial. So I guess we have an example of Trump following the status quo.

I'd love him to say yeah Russia did it and so have we Brittain and several other nations. So what? But that's not gonna happen cause Trump is more a part of the system than some would like to admit.

It does not change however that this is nothing more than McCarthyism 2.0 and everyone is falling for it and losing their #.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Deflection won't work this time. Just give it up and admit you supported an idiot traitor.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join