It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The not-so-secret-story about how a country interfered to win an election

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Russian Twitter and Facebook bots did not cause Hillary to lose, she was a # candidate that's why she lost.

Show me some proof some voting machines were hacked then we can talk..
edit on 17-7-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Starhooker

Five Types of Facebook Memes Russia Used to Influence the 2016 US Election

motherboard.vice.com...

That's a pretty interesting find.

I haven't read through the whole article yet. But this is a perfect example of one set of dimensions used by agents to interfere in the US election that I discussed above. Facebook is the seat of the infection, and those five memes are channels the infection uses to disseminate its poison. Those memes can then be layered on news domination, email campaigns, jokes and artwork, discussion group manipulation, and any of a variety of other social connection nodes.

We tend to look at the term: "memes" and think "flash-in-the-pan fads about kittens." But I think memes are really more like directed thought tracks that color our perceptions across a broad domain of issues. Some memes are more pervasive and resilient than others.

-dex

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I'm still trying to figure out how this was treason, but Obama meeting Medvedev and talking about flexibility was not.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 01:30 AM
link   
i think we all need to face facts. as DBCowboy has said time and time again in this thread, EVERYBODY was trying to interfere in the last election. so why have so many people especially US and pretty much all western main stream media, been only going after Russian interference? where are the investigations into Canada, the UK, Mexico etc, interference, and the millions spent on those investigations into their interference? where are the reports from Facebook showing all the posts and memes, as well as news stories from every other country other than Russia that were posted trying to sway the voters in the US? where are all the complaints about politicians past and present, as well as celebrities and media in countries such as Canada the UK, and Mexico among others that were telling people not to vote for Trump? is that not interfering with the election? or is it only pro-Trump, anti-Hillary/Bernie things that are interfering with the election? that is the hypocrisy that i am seeing with this rather one sided witch hunt over election interference. the fact so many, including most main stream media are only looking at one side of the election interference, while completely ignoring the bulk of the election interference. of which many of those involved in the witch hunt, themselves were directly a part of.

the thing is EVERY SINGLE article, comment, or meme no matter who it is suporting or calling for support against any polititician or policy, statement from anyone or any entity, that is not an American. as well as every person in or outside of the US, who made a comment, shared, made a meme, protested, or was at a rally in support of or against any candidate, or anything to do with the politics of the election (and this includes anyone who is not an actual Amercan citizen, especially those in the US illegally or as refugees, or visiters). just voicing an opinion on the election or candidates. even those not even necissarily commenting etc on the US election specifically, but talking about even anything that even comes close to US politics and policies. is in fact guilty of interfering in the the US election. just as guilty as any Russian that did the same. we are literally talking about MILLIONS of people both inside the US as well as in every other country in the world are guilty of interfering in the US election. in fact practically everyone in the world except for US citizens, are just as equally guilty of interfering in the election.

in fact the only way to stop interferance in the election, would be to cut off all contact with anyone not a US citizen during an election cycle. which would mean cutting off all contact with all non American citizens, press, media, internet, phone lines etc. for at least a year before said election. otherwise there will be interferance as non citizens offer opinions, thus influancing the voter, and that strongly has to include even non US citizen family members, and friends.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: generik
i think we all need to face facts. as DBCowboy has said time and time again in this thread, EVERYBODY was trying to interfere in the last election. so why have so many people especially US and pretty much all western main stream media, been only going after Russian interference?

Because John "skippy" Podesta claimed as much.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
I still want to know how Russia interfered with the election .
Someone explain.
Did they take out Trump or Clinton ?
Did they physically change the vote count ?
Did they vote ?
Did they stand outside of voting locations holding batons ?
Did the Russians somehow pull off a Dr. Frankenstein and bring a bunch of departed souls back long enough to vote ?
Did the Russians provide access for illegal aliens to register to vote ?

Actually, most of what you posted the Democratic party did.

So if we follow the reasoning, it appears that the DNC works for Putin.

Weird, isn't it?

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

Lots of hate filled bitter liberals. I could not stand Hillary but if she won I couldn't have the kinda hate and despise in my heart 2 years after a election like some here do for Trump.

I don't like Trump. I don't like Hillary. I'm over the election results. I am concerned about enemy psyop activity directed against our news, information, and online social interactions. I am concerned about the softness of our cyber-voting infrastructure. These are clear weaknesses that can be manipulated by a foe to our detriment.

Russian Twitter and Facebook bots did not cause Hillary to lose, she was a # candidate that's why she lost.

Ultimately, I have to agree with your conclusion that Hillary Clinton herself was the biggest reason she lost. As one who tends to lean left in my voting preferences, I am reminded of a quote from the respected ATS philosopher, TrueBrit. To paraphrase: "Most democrats would rather have been buggered with a hot poker than vote for Hillary."

However, our dislike for Hillary Clinton was amplified by a steady diet of news and discussion that highlighted her deeply rooted hubris and ruthlessness. I know that my revulsion grew with every passing day, and I planned to wear a hazmat suit in protest if I had to go to the polls and vote for "her."

I hoped against hope that Hillary would be indicted and have to abandon the nomination to another candidate. Not necessarily Bernie. He was so far left of left, I don't think he was electable either. However, in November 2016, I was pleased to cast a vote for a 3rd party candidate.

Now here's something to consider: Based on the influences of the news media, political artwork and satire, and other pertinent factors such as discussions with the cyber-citizens of this community, I was getting increasingly more disgusted and more vocal about how worthless a human being she really was. Assuming that I was at least a little bit influenced by an enemy's concerted effort to use Hillary's worst qualities to dehumanize her, I actually became a proselytizer for a belief that ultimately was not in my best interest.

Show me some proof some voting machines were hacked then we can talk..

That's the point. Given the systems used, and the security practices in place, there is no way to ever prove the accuracy or inaccuracy of the voting process.

That's why I believe it's a laudable goal for any patriotic American to want to protect the sanctity of our vote; the fundamental instrument and symbol of our democracy. Why shouldn't this discussion be at the top of the list of domestic issues we need to address.

While there is no proof that the actual voting system itself was compromised, some of the findings of the final report indicated that an effort was directed at attempting to intrude into systems that were related to voter registration; with varying degrees of success. It seems a sensible precaution to propose and enforce some federal guidelines to protect that data.

Perhaps, rather than accusing people who are interested in addressing this issue of being sore losers, we should be exploring our options to limit the effectiveness of these exploits in the future.

-dex

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I wonder why Obama did nothing to stop the election meddling?

Up until the night of the election is was:
"Trump is a crazy whackadoodle conspiracy theorist! The elections are NOT rigged, Donald, you are a loser, deal with it!"

But the instant Trump won,they sure changed their tune didn't they? 🤣

All that meddling on Obama's watch and he did not even condemn it or warn us or Anything...

Oh I know, the Intel agencies were hard at work trying to figure out just what in the blazes was going on, when, finally, the day after the election, they finally deciphered all the clues and figured out that the Russians had been meddling the Whole Time...

They were just too clever, too sneaky for ANYONE to catch wind of their plot... but when Trump won, it was immediately Obvious that he couldn't have won fairly, because all the people we love and trust told us he could never win... Are you trying to tell me George Clooney DOESN'T have my best interests at heart???
edit on 7/17/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

The memes were just too powerful. From now on, NO MORE UNAPPROVED MEMES ALLOWED.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Assuming that I was at least a little bit influenced by an enemy's concerted effort to use Hillary's worst qualities to dehumanize her, I actually became a proselytizer for a belief that ultimately was not in my best interest. 

And that would be 100% your fault.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Perhaps, rather than accusing people who are interested in addressing this issue of being sore losers, we should be exploring our options to limit the effectiveness of these exploits in the future. 

Ah, so the sensible democrats have only been trying to convince us to upgrade security for the future, but the ignorant republicans keep saying:
"No! You're just sore losers that's why you want to update and secure the voting process for future elections!"

That's what has been happening huh?

What a world you must live in...

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: DBCowboy

Whataboutism at it's finest.

How about this. American democracy was compromised from a foreign nation! And how many times have I seen Trump zealots yell and scream about emails, that democrats voter base was from non-citizens. This is literally a deflection tactic, Oh look Trump is being exposed, lets start pointing out other nations for the same immoral and borderline criminal instances. How does it feel to know Trump may have won because of heavy Non american influences?
How American is that?

But hey, the US should know all about influencing other nations elections, I guess the citizens don't see an issue with it. (Colombia, Vietnam, Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, Somalia, Cuba, Russia, Germany, the list can go on, and on.)

But, Trumps involved so it's OK this time around.

Saudi Arabia was literally funding the Clinton machine in this same election. The one where Clinton campaign was caught cheating in the debates, cheated Bernie out of a nomination, and had the extemely suspicious murder of Seth Rich.

So... There were Russians on the internet trying to convince people to vote for their horse? Hmm.

Jmfc.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

The memes were just too powerful. From now on, NO MORE UNAPPROVED MEMES ALLOWED.

If you've bothered to read anything else I've written, you would see that is exactly the question I've been asking. If our enemy is using our own freedoms against us, how do we respond?

Be advised that the next psyop may be used to effect significant changes that adversely affect our way of life.

That's the line of discussion I've been trying to promote. Would you like to participate by providing some appropriate feedback that addresses the issue?

-dex

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Assuming that I was at least a little bit influenced by an enemy's concerted effort to use Hillary's worst qualities to dehumanize her, I actually became a proselytizer for a belief that ultimately was not in my best interest. 

And that would be 100% your fault.

And I own it 100%. But, I'm not the only person so affected. And when that small influence is multiplied by the millions of people exposed to that stimulus, an actual measurable effect becomes evident.

The other memes were directed at audiences that would be susceptible to embracing their underlying message. A small set of memes designed to appeal to as broad an audience as possible is ideal.

If you somehow missed being exposed to, and possibly affected by, these subtle multi-dimensional stimuli then I commend you and celebrate your success!

-dex

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Ah, so the sensible democrats have only been trying to convince us to upgrade security for the future, but the ignorant republicans keep saying:
"No! You're just sore losers that's why you want to update and secure the voting process for future elections!"

That's what has been happening huh?

What a world you must live in...

You said it, not me.

In fact you are providing a perfect example of what I described in the quote you are referencing. Do you have anything productive to add to the discussion? Or is partisan posturing your only avenue of debate?

-dex

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Admitted
But it's simple, as you say, everyone does it.

We just know about it now because Trump?

Well, ok. I'm glad we know about it now. We should do something. Trump should do something. Not meet with the guy on equal terms.

Everyone has known about it forever.
It's a fact of life of living in the world the way that it is.

You're just paying attention now because you didn't get your way and you're looking for some excuse to get rid of the guy you don't like.

Obama knew about it, why didn't he do something? Bush knew about it, why didn't he do something?

What exactly should be done?
How do you stop trolls on social media? How influential do really think twitter bots actually are?
Do you want to lock down the internet?
Do you want the Govt. to control the internet and regulate what you can see?

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 05:07 AM
link   

We ignore the facts that countries meddle with other countries all the time.

How about try this one - It's not necessarily that they meddle, but that the people on top control both countries.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

a reply to: strongfp

Bullsh#

Everyone does it and everyone does it all the time.

To think this is a one-off is disingenuous at best, and downright lying at worst.

If Trump weren't involved you wouldn't even give a damn about world political / military strong arming.
If you were really this concerned where's your posts about the war on drugs and US support for French Colonialism. I see nothing of the sort.

you are almost there. just a few more steps...........the key is , you wouldn't either.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

originally posted by: Admitted
But it's simple, as you say, everyone does it.

We just know about it now because Trump?

Well, ok. I'm glad we know about it now. We should do something. Trump should do something. Not meet with the guy on equal terms.

Everyone has known about it forever.
It's a fact of life of living in the world the way that it is.

You're just paying attention now because you didn't get your way and you're looking for some excuse to get rid of the guy you don't like.

Obama knew about it, why didn't he do something? Bush knew about it, why didn't he do something?

What exactly should be done?
How do you stop trolls on social media? How influential do really think twitter bots actually are?
Do you want to lock down the internet?
Do you want the Govt. to control the internet and regulate what you can see?

I didn't know of it before. And what "way" didn't I get it? I don't want rid of anyone, I just want sanity.

I don't know what Bush or Obama knew. And who cares? They're not in office.

Trump gets the blame. He is in office. It's his buck. It's his time. You all can cry about it, and do.

I don't have the answers. I want some. I look to Dear leader. I see insanity.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Our president meets with the leader of the country known to meddle in our elections. Privately.

It's not ok.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join