It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The not-so-secret-story about how a country interfered to win an election

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

So what's your point?

What's your honest opinion on what should be done from here on out?

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

So what's your point?

What's your honest opinion on what should be done from here on out?

Accept the fact that other countries will do it in 2018, 2020, etc.

We're going to do it the next time Canada has an election. Guaranteed.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

No. It isn't Ok, but it also isn't going to stop anytime soon.
But let me ask you this...

Do you honestly think, that Mr. Trump was elected, because Russians made the American People vote for him?

Because in my own case, I am not online anywhere but here, 90% of the time, so I didn't get any info from the Russians. Not wanting Hillary was my main factor. I would have maybe voted for Mr. Sanders, but Hillary wiped that choice, not the Russians.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
It would be very interesting to see what people's reactions to Trump would be if he had run as a Clinton-Democrat - which is precisely what he is and always has been.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Canadians don't vote people in, we vote people out. It's a strange world here when it comes to politics.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

I'm unsure of your point.

Everyone does it. Ok. So what?

Does that make it right for us to do it, or right for others to do it to us?

No.

Does it make it right for the sitting US president to know for a fact that another nation took steps to "interfere", yet focuses blame and attention on the media/Left in order to deflect?

No. It's not right and we should not be using elementary logic in order to somehow justify the action.

I don't think anyone is justifying it. Instead the question is why did it take Trump beating the media's darling for a case to be made about it? Had she won do you think we would be having these discussions? Of course not! Obama even made a speech that the american election could not be hacked and that if Trump would say that, he would be wrong. Of course no one expected her to lose, and when she did other nations(Russia) messing with our election became a priority, despite the fact it has been going on for years, as pointed out in OP USA included.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Same here. They could have run a chicken with its head cut off and I likely would have voted for it over Hillary. That woman as president frightened me.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom

Do you honestly think, that Mr. Trump was elected, because Russians made the American People vote for him?

Because in my own case, I am not online anywhere but here, 90% of the time, so I didn't get any info from the Russians. Not wanting Hillary was my main factor. I would have maybe voted for Mr. Sanders, but Hillary wiped that choice, not the Russians.

This website has a very pro Trump base, what's to say they weren't influenced from other sources that rubbed off on you?

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Do you really disregard the possibility of our democracy being infected by a domestic agent in the last election? I believe we should get all of this sorted out before we make grand declarations against a potential enemy.

People get bent out of shape by the perceived admonishment of allies, but if were all friends we should beable to call each others bs. When warming relations with a country that is weaker than you, you give them room to fill included. That is the first step to promote democratic relations. He's made it clear to Putin and Kim that our military might is always at the reserve before these talks were initiated. Remember people calling him a war monger for the strikes in Syria and how that was going to cause WW3? Or telling Kim he will meet him with fire and fury? Our military potential doesn't diminish the moment we have talks with a country we're unfriendly with.

Every country we've hit with tariffs has hit back, why is that accepted as retaliatory while over looking the bad deal that led to the action being taken in the first place?

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I followed this one.

Nothing secret or clandestine about this one.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

This website has a very pro Trump base, what's to say they weren't influenced from other sources that rubbed off on you?

Hahahaha
Was "it' contagious?
Like cooties?
Lol rubbed off on
That is a laugh riot

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
But it's simple, as you say, everyone does it.

We just know about it now because Trump?

Well, ok. I'm glad we know about it now. We should do something. Trump should do something. Not meet with the guy on equal terms.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I don't think you quite understand the power of the internet here ...

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

She scared me back when she was just President "Free Willy's" wife. LOL

@ strongfp:
I really don't think so, as I belive I'm plenty old enough to have my own thoughts. And I trust my "gut"
How about answering my question?

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   

How do you know you didn't catch it?
Or were the Ruskies the only ones using the all powerful interwebs?
Somehow HRC internet presence was less effective?

Blaming Facebook and twitter is bs.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I already addressed the answer you were looking for in my earlier posts. There was influence, and to be honest. From the websites I usually get my daily news from which I digest throughout the day Trump shills are everywhere.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

There is not enough paper to accomplish that tall order.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   

This is spot on chiefs mom.Everyone I know that voted for our current President has never told me that Russia influenced them to vote the way that they did.

You want to know what did?Hillary Clinton and Barak Obama influenced them to vote for President Trump.Some of my friends didn't vote at all.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I don't think I've seen this argument before, bravo!

It's usually -- everyone does it so it's ok for ME to do it! Or for US to do it!

But this one is -- everyone does it, so it's ok if it's done TO US!

In what universe should we be ok with this?

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   

I already addressed the answer you were looking for in my earlier posts. There was influence, and to be honest. From the websites I usually get my daily news from which I digest throughout the day Trump shills are everywhere.

You don't have to go far to find the hillary shills. They were on almost every network. They hardly reported the wikileaks release of the emails, even going as far as to say it was illegal to read them on the net and the only way to remain within the law was to let them tell you what they actually said. They all propped this woman up to be a great candidate, all the while reporting every negative thing about Trump they could get their hands on. Where is the outrage in that? Is it ok for the news to pick a side? And yet we are supposed to be outraged because you say there are Trump shills everywhere? I think it's time to look at things more objectively.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join