It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The not-so-secret-story about how a country interfered to win an election

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Who uses Twitter like reality?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Did they help Herr Clinton prop herself up as the next President from 2008 onward?
I mean she did pay Russians to compile a dossier on Trump......but that is okay somehow?

By the by...not a Trump supporter. Just tired of all the lefties that think it wasn't Hillary that put Trump into office. Did Russia force her to use a private server she bleach bitted after a subpoena? They didn't pay people to break all of her devices. But they did pay her husband a awful lot of money to speak....on what exactly again?

edit on pm31Mondaypm73105291pm by atlantiswatusi because: mah bad grammar

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Admitted
When we know, unequivocally that a country influenced our elections, we shouldn't snub them. We should outright denounce them.

Define 'influenced'. What, exactly, did 'they' (the Russians) do? Release some factual information in the form of some emails? Execute some social ad campaigns to bring attention to this and other FACTUAL information? So, you're upset that certain facts got out in the open that allowed people to make a more informed decision during a presidential election?

From what I can tell, the 'DNC email hack' most likely was an inside job by a disgruntled Bernie supporter who was furious at what the DNC did to rig their primary in Clintons favor, and who was then murdered for his deed. The 'Podesta hack' was him falling for a typical email scam that I would be embarrassed to admit my 10 year old daughter fell for (if she did, which she wouldn't). That leaves us with the Clinton email hack, which likely happened due to Clintons own laziness, ineptitude and criminal acts.

If that's everyone, so be it. But this is a joke.

Yes, you're definitely right about that, but not in the way you seem to think.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Define 'influenced'. What, exactly, did 'they' (the Russians) do? Release some factual information in the form of some emails? Execute some social ad campaigns to bring attention to this and other FACTUAL information? So, you're upset that certain facts got out in the open that allowed people to make a more informed decision during a presidential election?

Not sure what factual information you refer to. You speak of Russia as having done us Americans a good service, why would they do this do you think? Oh right, they didn't. The spent 100's of millions over years sowing discord among the American public. By "influencing" I mean taking already hot-button issues and magnifying them a thousand-fold. So, we are exactly where we are today - at each other's throats.

From what I can tell, the 'DNC email hack' most likely was an inside job by a disgruntled Bernie supporter who was furious at what the DNC did to rig their primary in Clintons favor, and who was then murdered for his deed. The 'Podesta hack' was him falling for a typical email scam that I would be embarrassed to admit my 10 year old daughter fell for (if she did, which she wouldn't). That leaves us with the Clinton email hack, which likely happened due to Clintons own laziness, ineptitude and criminal acts.

This is the furor that was sowed. Russian operatives were instructed to support Trump AND Sanders. No one just fell hook, line and sinker for some simple scam, hack or advertisement on Facebook. It was a huge effort, and had an effect.

Here's two recent stories of "what we know": read it yourself, or just keep with the knee-jerking.

Politico

Wired

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join