It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The not-so-secret-story about how a country interfered to win an election

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Between Uranium one, $500,000 speaking fees, paying $1,000,000 to a British guy, and 'intelligence' company for golden shower dossiers,and this.

www.reuters.com...

They did have foreign aid.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Ironically the left taking this stance is shooting themselves in the foot.

As DJW001 eloquently said, this is distracting from the topic of gerrymandering. I'll be honest, I haven't looked to far into it. But seeing as Trump won with 3m less votes, it's an argument that could have traction.

As for the election, instead of debating issues, much of the left was using ad hominem against the right... Racist, sexist, xenophobic we all get the picture. (I'm not saying the right didn't use versions of this attack as well).

Unfortunately dirty politics has become the norm, aside from Bernie last cycle I didn't see to much true discussion on policy.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Your topic dude.

yeah. You're right.

Been called a Nazi so maybe it's time for a change to be called a Russian spy now.

*shrugs and walks it off*

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

As DJW001 eloquently said, this is distracting from the topic of gerrymandering. I'll be honest, I haven't looked to far into it.

Fake outrage is all one needs to know.

FAUX OUTRAGE!

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Your topic dude.

yeah. You're right.

Been called a Nazi so maybe it's time for a change to be called a Russian spy now.

TBH I didn't read all 12 pages so I didn't see any "Nazi" references. That's just stupid. I'm just gobsmacked that it went from "Russia didn't help Trump win" to "Yes they did but others do it" at Warp speed. Gotta love the Spin Cycle.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

a reply to: DBCowboy

So you're conceding that Russia helped Trump? And it's OK because everyone is doing it?

Everyone WAS doing it.

www.bbc.com...

Poor Team Clinton.

They're just the victims of evil Russian aggression!

I can imagine the ballyhoo if Team Clinton had won with foreign aid.

That did not alter the outcome of the election.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Unfortunately dirty politics has become the norm, aside from Bernie last cycle I didn't see to much true discussion on policy.

Bernie got jobbed by those people.
Bernie would have beaten trump handily imo.
The absolute corruption of the dnc is at the base of that scandal. How registered dems have not ousted EVERYONE associated with leadership from the last cycle is beyond me.

Aside from pushing away all the bernie bros, hrc lost with two statements imo, the basket and the public/private quotes killed her.
They showed how little hrc actually thinks of regular american citizens, and her doubling down on both only made them worse.
IMO all this garbage about russia helping is just that garbage. The election is in no way illegitimate. There is no evidence to suggest otherwise.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Your topic dude.

yeah. You're right.

TBH I didn't read all 12 pages so I didn't see any "Nazi" references. That's just stupid. I'm just gobsmacked that it went from "Russia didn't help Trump win" to "Yes they did but others do it" at Warp speed. Gotta love the Spin Cycle.

When did DBCowboy say they helped him win?

He said they used propaganda, which everyone has done since the advent of it.

Gotta love your spin.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Yes people.

Trump haters believe in 'Democracy' so much.

They built a wall around their convention to keep out the rift raft.

Back to the manufactured villain in this little story.

Rushya!

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I was humoring Bernie. I disagreed with most of his policies, but congress would have blocked most of the ones I didn't like. That said he was one of the most genuine politicians I've seen since Ron Paul (who is starting to lose it sadly).

I do think you're missing the biggest comment that killed her IMO, when she called Bernie supporters basement dwellers. That turned people to spite vote for Trump. Many of the Bernie supporters wanted a shake up in politics, and she wasn't going to offer that.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Your topic dude.

yeah. You're right.

I don't think Russia did help Trump win.

Would love to see actual proof of that.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Your topic dude.

yeah. You're right.

You can tell the people who don't treat Russian/Trump collusion, Russia hacked the election, and Russian propaganda as separate discussions.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Your topic dude.

yeah. You're right.

Your OP:

Corruption was exposed in the DNC. Possibly by Russia.

Cries of treason now resound acoss the country because Trump had a meeting with Putin.

We ignore the facts that countries meddle with other countries all the time.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Cries of treason now resound acoss the country because Trump had a meeting with Putin.

Possibly by Russia , we haven't seen proof yet. I've seen DBCowboy's posts. I'll bet $100 if proof comes out he'll admit that.

OMG, our leader met with another leader?!?! Obama did too.

Since when did we or other countries not meddle? Obama with Macron for Pete's sake. Geeze.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Possibly by Russia , we haven't seen proof yet. I've seen DBCowboy's posts. I'll bet $100 if proof comes out he'll admit that.

Since when did we or other countries not meddle? Obama with Macron for Pete's sake. Geeze.

Remember when Obama was caught telling Medvedev that he would have more slack after the election? Where are those outraged "conservatives" now?

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Were too busy diggin ourselves out from under all the Russian xenophobia.

Maybe we should just get us some undocumented foreigners to take over the effort.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Remember when Obama was caught telling Medvedev that he would have more slack after the election? Where are those outraged "conservatives" now?

I'm not a conservative so I can't really speak for them. However, I diversify the media I take in, so occasionally I'll listen to talk radio. My least favorite is Sean Hannity, but that is one of his favorite sound bites. I don't really think he or anyone is outraged or surprised. That is diplomacy, while Obama did say that he eventually took a different stance after Russia invaded Georgia and Crimea.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Actually it wasn't compromised. Every single intelligence agency agrees. No votes were changed.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

So you're saying that exposing the corruption inside the DNC helped Trump.

Okay.

Let me ask you, are you for exposing corruption?

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

So you're saying that exposing the corruption inside the DNC helped Trump.

Okay.

Let me ask you, are you for exposing corruption?

Any logical person would. But this is a complete flip flop from what was being said just last week.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join