It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The not-so-secret-story about how a country interfered to win an election

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
These threads are going to be priceless in a few months.

Few weeks*, FTFY.

Next week will be a different news cycle... This will be in the past.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Because if we interfere with their elections and then whine and cry when they do it to us it makes us look fickle and weak.

So how does it make us look when the winner of the rigged election whines and cries because he wanted more votes?

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Few weeks*, FTFY.

And that is how Trump has been getting away with murder. Every time he gets caught doing something outrageous, he does something even more outrageous to deflect.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Because if we interfere with their elections and then whine and cry when they do it to us it makes us look fickle and weak.

So how does it make us look when the winner of the rigged election whines and cries because he wanted more votes?

Rigged because some people with poor English hopped on Twitter and Facebook?

Propaganda is rigging now?

Listen, if the investigation comes out and it's more than that, you and this nation have my full support to punish those accountable.

But this isn't the first time people have tried to sell me on something before all the facts are out.

If it's just propaganda, I can see through that on my own. I see it daily and think for myself. One of the cons (not really) of being in a free country is the right to free speech. People can say whatever they want. It's our responsibility to critically think and see through BS.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Few weeks*, FTFY.

And that is how Trump has been getting away with murder. Every time he gets caught doing something outrageous, he does something even more outrageous to deflect.

I'll meet you half way, there is validity to your statement.

But let's not act like the media doesn't milk this for everything it's worth while sensationalizing it with buzz words and "their perception".

I personally don't see what was so outrageous yesterday. He played the part of a politician and was attempting diplomacy and skirted questions which the media and people have reworded and sold it online as fact.

Could he have handled it better? Absolutely.

But this whole "he's a traitor kissing Putin's feet" thing is politically motivated. Presidents will talk smack then go have civil conversations acting like nothing is wrong yearly.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Rigged because some people with poor English hopped on Twitter and Facebook?

Rigged because Republican state legislatures created gerrymandered districts and the "conservative" Supreme Court let them get away with it. Funny how the denialism about the Russian interference is covering up the more traditional sleazy politics by the GOP machine.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

What are you saying, why can't one candidate get more votes than the previous one?

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

See, that's an issue you could actually argue.

The problem is people don't listen when you're willing to follow the script of an ideology on every topic and sell us "facts" without evidence.

Like when you posted videos of Putin saying he liked Trump, officials in Russia celebrating his win, and selling that to us as them taking credit for his victory.

Or saying they interfered further than propaganda when we don't yet know that.

If I were you I'd stick with the gerrymandering.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

What I am asking IS.

How did a candidate get more votes than her predecessor when SHE RIGGED HER OWN GD primary?

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

So you're conceding that Russia helped Trump? And it's OK because everyone is doing it?

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

So you're conceding that Russia helped Trump? And it's OK because everyone is doing it?

There's a difference between OK and not surprised.

Further more, propaganda is nothing new. If Russian bot propaganda truly helped Trump win, we need to seriously address our education system.

Propaganda is not a crime, we do it, they do it, everyone does it. Is propaganda morally OK? Absolutely not. Being disingenuous or purposefully lying is wrong, but permitted by free speech (so long as it's not libel or slander, both are hard to prove if you're speaking about opinion).
edit on 17-7-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Like when you posted videos of Putin saying he liked Trump, officials in Russia celebrating his win, and selling that to us as them taking credit for his victory.

You don't think it odd that a foreign power being embargoed for acts of aggression would celebrate a candidate's victory in an enemy nation?

Or saying they interfered further than propaganda when we don't yet know that.

Much of the propaganda relied on the fruits of espionage. Someone hacked the DNC, and there are reports of state electoral databases being hacked as well. What if, in addition to gerrymandering from within, names were being dropped from the rolls from without? This administration is reluctant to investigate that possibility.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Further more, propaganda is nothing new. If Russian bot propaganda truly helped Trump win, we need to seriously address our education system.

It did and we must. The Flat Earth is a "thing" now.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I'm not saying that at all.

Did Russia interfere with the election?

Yeah.

They tried.

Did it have an impact?

Dunno. How stupid were the Hillary voters and are they willing to admit that Russia duped them?

And where is the blue-bloody blazes did I ever say it was okay?

Jezus! what is up with you and the others?

Acknowledging the fact that Russia placed memes in our social media is in no way saying that it is okay!

Acknowledging that every country does it is not saying it is okay!

This is really beginning to piss me off.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

It did and we must. The Flat Earth is a "thing" now.

You're giving that too much credit.

As for your above comment saying they relied on the fruits of the DNC...

Did Russian actors not supply Steele with "information" for his dossier?

And as for the bots, the only part of the investigation we've hear a good amount on, it's been told they've been playing both sides.

We had two of the most polarized candidates in history. Russia didn't care which one won if they took both sides, we're divided in the end either way.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Everyone WAS doing it.

www.bbc.com...

Poor Team Clinton.

They're just the victims of evil Russian aggression!

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

www.washingtonpost.com... story.html?utm_term=.10c933cbfa6b
Guess they will be investigating these people for "helping" trump as well?
en.wikipedia.org...
are these foreign agents being investigated for helping hrc?

"helping" is against us law how again?

that is the problem with this bs
every other country had a preference, are you going to act like some propaganda is better than other because you agree with its politics?

"meddling" is one thing
hacking or changing votes is another

as far as I have read no systems were successfully hacked and no votes were changed, or do you have info otherwise?

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
a reply to: strongfp

No. It isn't Ok, but it also isn't going to stop anytime soon.
But let me ask you this...

Do you honestly think, that Mr. Trump was elected, because Russians made the American People vote for him?

Because in my own case, I am not online anywhere but here, 90% of the time, so I didn't get any info from the Russians. Not wanting Hillary was my main factor. I would have maybe voted for Mr. Sanders, but Hillary wiped that choice, not the Russians.

*APPLAUSE*

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Jezus! what is up with you and the others?

I can't speak for other but with all the "Nu huh" when it came to Russia aiding Trump and now an acknowledgement that it IS true is mind boggling.

This is really beginning to piss me off.

Your topic dude.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Everyone WAS doing it.

www.bbc.com...

Poor Team Clinton.

They're just the victims of evil Russian aggression!

I can imagine the ballyhoo if Team Clinton had won with foreign aid.

new topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join