It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The not-so-secret-story about how a country interfered to win an election

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Explain to me then how more peopled voted for CLinton they did in for Obama in places like California.

Trump 'lost' the popular vote ?

Bull effing snip.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Absolutely not. He openly shared his opinion.

One of your videos is Putin openly sharing his opinion saying he likes Trump.

The others are officials celebrating his victory.

You then sold that to the thread as proof they took credit for his win.

I offered an analogy but surprise surprise "it's different".

I'm sure there are some French who aren't thrilled Americans were involved with their elections.

But we are a "moral" country, so it's OK.

I though democracies were for the citizens involved. That is the source of outrage now right? What business does another county have with our democracy?

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

If a few thousand more people in Wisconsin got out of bed and trudged to the polls we wouldn't be having this conversation.

You're right....

We would most likely be hiding from nuclear winter and eating our friends and neighbors to stay warm and fed

Think about that........

Hilary C........no thanks
edit on 17-7-2018 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-7-2018 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Bush and Obama's (administrations) had close ties with Russian officials.

Were their campaigns run by a Russian agent like Trump's was?

Source?

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
The same agencies that said Russia meddled are the same agencies that said Iraq had weapons of mass destruction.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Trump lost the popular vote people!

Just ignore the hell out of this.

observer.com...

Demonstrable proof the left thinks little of the voter.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

You say Trump surrounded himself with people who had close tries with Russian officials... Bush and Obama's (administrations) had close ties with Russian officials.

Why are you surprised when you get tens of career politicians together some are going to have ties when they've been working in the realm of foreign relations?

Did their campaigns meet with those foreign individuals for the sake of recieving political dirt on their opponents? Did people closely tied to Trump use their close proximity to Trump as a way to peddle political power and favor for themselves?

Did Bush and Obama admins have people on staff that worked with, or on behalf, of a foreign nation to hold up the dictators of others nations?

I don't think so. The comparisons are not valid.

I'm not whitewashing any wrong doing... I just haven't seen the result of the investigation, so I'm playing devils advocate. And if you look at my comments I lean towards Russian meddling, I'm just not going to sell collusion as fact.

I have not seen the results of the investigation either. I'm only mentioning what is known at this point.

That being said, I do not think any comparison can be made between this admin and previous admins in this context.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
The same agencies that said Russia meddled are the same agencies that said Iraq had weapons of mass destruction.

I made the point last night, how many sovereign nations have actually been an enemy since WWII? How many have we been sold to be?

link   

Same ones that said Assad used wmds.

Zero to credible again, and all it took was losing an election.

link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I made the point last night, how many sovereign nations have actually been an enemy since WWII? How many have we been sold to be?

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Did Bush and Obama admins have people on staff that worked with, or on behalf, of a foreign nation to hold up the dictators of others nations?

I don't think so. The comparisons are not valid.

Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Uzbekistan, Behrain, Myanmar, Ethiopia, Vietnam, Rwanda, Cambodia, Honduras, Uganda, Qatar, UAE, Kenya, Morocco, and Turkey.... There's a few.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Wrong. Those agencies supplied intelligence to the civilian administration. They ranked that intelligence on a system that graded on reliability. The civilian politicians chose to use intelligence ranked as low reliability for political purposes. (Codename "Screwball" should have given you a clue.) The Director of Central Intelligence told the press on background that the reports the administration were using were unreliable. The intelligence community is now agreed that the intelligence concerning Russian election tampering is highly credible. In fact, there is nothing hidden about it, just blanket denials from the benificiaries.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
OP Topic: "Two wrongs make a right!"

This is very similar to how many things Trump does or says are validated because some other politician did or said something wrong in the past.

Deflectorama 101

link   

Saudi Arabia.

Where Huma Abedin moved, and came back to become a Clinton lackey.

edit on 17-7-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   

No, the media had them all convinced Hillary would win, and Trump had next to zero chance.

The voter apathy was self inflicted.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

He lost it by over two million nearly three million votes.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

So the Hillary voters were so stupid, that Russia was able to convince them to change their vote.

No, the whisper campaign was so effective that Democrats and Independents stayed home. Trump lost the popular vote, remember? If a few thousand more people in Wisconsin got out of bed and trudged to the polls we wouldn't be having this conversation.

My opinion is that the MSM proproganda declaring Hillary was going to be President by a milestone is what had actually made it so her supporters did not feel a need to go deal with actually voting! Didn't even Newsweek have to retract their magazine story and cover for the Madam President?

It was not the Russian nor conspiracy theorists who had kept folks from voting...it was our very own deceitful media and DNC proproganda. My husband didn't go vote for Hillary. He thought Trump was a joke. I did go and vote for Trump. My only reason was I did not like Hillary. He woke me up at 2 am in total disbelief of Trump winning.

Now, my husband actually does not trust the MSM. They lied to him and so he has awakened to see how they spin their stories. He actually has begun to listen to the live streams so he can make his own determination! Overall, I find this a big win. We still don't agree on everything...but we both are making our own minds up based on what actually gets said and not told what someone said meant.

Edit add: to keep on topic...every nation in this world should be seeking what is best for their own people. Interests in others leaders is natural when one is hoping for someone to be elected that will be willing to work with your nation. I do not fault America in this nor any other nation. It is natural human instinct.
edit on 7 17 2018 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

link   
These threads are going to be priceless in a few months.

link   
a reply to: fleabit

OP Topic: "Two wrongs make a right!"

Who ever said anything about right?

The topic is if we don't like it let's change it instead of selectively bitching.

If we don't like them doing it let's elect someone who will stop our foreign policy from doing it and go to the UN to make some punishable measures for those who do.

Because if we interfere with their elections and then whine and cry when they do it to us it makes us look fickle and weak.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Explain it to me S.

How did Clinton get more votes than the first 'black' president in California?

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Inquiring minds want to KNOW!

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join