It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The not-so-secret-story about how a country interfered to win an election

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+72 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

“Yanks to the rescue”: Time’s not-so secret story of how Americans helped Yeltsin win 1996 presidential election

Imagine Izvestia ran a headline in January 2018 titled “Rescuing Donald”, in which it proudly boasted that a group of crack Russian election-fixers had been sent over to Washington to make sure Trump beat Hillary. Does anyone imagine it would stop short of impeachment for Trump and maybe even hot war with Russia? Yet 22 years ago Time magazine ran just such a feature on how four Americans and an ex-pat Russian had managed the 1996 Russian presidential election to ensure a win for Boris Yeltsin. And apparently that was something to openly boast about.

off-guardian.org... ection/

Corruption was exposed in the DNC. Possibly by Russia.

Cries of treason now resound acoss the country because Trump had a meeting with Putin.

We ignore the facts that countries meddle with other countries all the time.

If you went by the MSM, you'd think that this is the first time it had ever happened.

I'm calling bullsh# on it right now.

Russia does it.
USA does it.
China does it.
UK does it.
Israel does it.
Saudi does it.

Everyoine effing does it.

And the panty-waisted screaming beta-soy-boys scream like they just got a bug in their Starbiucks Vente.

Just cut the sh# out.

You're not fooling anyone except the chin-beards watching CNN and masturbating to MSNBC.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Maybe MSM should be forced to print an article about all countries trying to influence elections of other countries since forever.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Soyboys is right

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Sorry bloke but I'm gonna go all Phage on your a$$,

We ignore the facts

I'm hoping that is a royal we and not an actual collective we.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

But don't you have any pride in your own nation? It's your job to protect America, not those other countries. Well, at least people are admitting it happened now, unlike Trump.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

They perfectly know all that you said. You can't force mentally ill people to accept reality.

+21 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

Name me one election that no foreign interests ever influenced.

Just one.

I'll even let you pick a country.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Why should I? I don't think there is one. Ask Trump though, he can suggest one.

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

But this time they used twitter, which is reality for many.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Don't forget facebook.
They should have used Instagram and snapchat to get the millennials.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org... pretty usefull wiki link for your topic OP this was one of my favorites ive found so far

During the 2006 Palestinian elections, Israel hoped that Fatah would prevail over Hamas, the latter being a Sunni-Islamic fundamentalist organization. Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon wanted to halt the elections if Hamas ran candidates. However, U.S. President George W. Bush objected to such election interference, and Hamas won, despite millions of clandestine dollars flowing from the Bush administration to Fatah during the closing weeks of the campaign.[36] Then-Senator Hillary Clinton commented at the time: "we should have made sure that we did something to determine who was going to win
bush refused and Hillary's comment was "we should have made sure we did something to determine who would win".............. its a pretty long list but yeah as you said every one does it

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Whataboutism at it's finest.

How about this. American democracy was compromised from a foreign nation! And how many times have I seen Trump zealots yell and scream about emails, that democrats voter base was from non-citizens. This is literally a deflection tactic, Oh look Trump is being exposed, lets start pointing out other nations for the same immoral and borderline criminal instances. How does it feel to know Trump may have won because of heavy Non american influences?
How American is that?

But hey, the US should know all about influencing other nations elections, I guess the citizens don't see an issue with it. (Colombia, Vietnam, Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, Somalia, Cuba, Russia, Germany, the list can go on, and on.)

But, Trumps involved so it's OK this time around.

+19 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Bullsh#

Everyone does it and everyone does it all the time.

To think this is a one-off is disingenuous at best, and downright lying at worst.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Bullsh#

Everyone does it and everyone does it all the time.

To think this is a one-off is disingenuous at best, and downright lying at worst.

If Trump weren't involved you wouldn't even give a damn about world political / military strong arming.
If you were really this concerned where's your posts about the war on drugs and US support for French Colonialism. I see nothing of the sort.

+15 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Wha. . . ?

You're losing it.

Take a nice cup of tea and breathe.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I'm unsure of your point.

Everyone does it. Ok. So what?

Does that make it right for us to do it, or right for others to do it to us?

No.

Does it make it right for the sitting US president to know for a fact that another nation took steps to "interfere", yet focuses blame and attention on the media/Left in order to deflect?

No. It's not right and we should not be using elementary logic in order to somehow justify the action.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
Soyboys is right

That’s racist!

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Does that make it right for us to do it, or right for others to do it to us?

No.

Does it make it right for the sitting US president to know for a fact that another nation took steps to "interfere", yet focuses blame and attention on the media/Left in order to deflect?

No. It's not right and we should not be using elementary logic in order to somehow justify the action.

Hahahahaha
Your unsure of the same arguement you made about hrc emsils?
Everybody did it was good enough for you then rubberband man.
Hilarious

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

Sorry bloke but I'm gonna go all Phage on your a$$,

We ignore the facts

I'm hoping that is a royal we and not an actual collective we.

Show me where you made a thread about it in the past, or even a post you made voicing your concern.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

So people should stop acting like this is a new thing.

We do it to them.

They do it to us.

It's been going on since forever.

It's not right, but it's how HUMAN politics is done.

The UK influenced US elections, especially during the Civil War. Books have been written on it.

We try to stop them, they try to stop us.

To think this is new is either stupid or naive.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join