It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese refiner dumps US crude in favor of dollarless imports of Iranian oil

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah
the battle is coming whether you, or I want it or don't want it. You and I have no power or say in the matter. But you do have a say in how you can profit from it. so the question is, how will you?? Never waste an opportunity to profit from war. Defense stocks just keep on rising, and so do the indexes that carry them. Its paying me dividends, thats the only thing that matters.

I do not understand why people believe this is some kind of unique trait to America though. Every civilization you have ever read about in history provided for their citizens using the same exact model we use in America. Spread your borders through conquest. Find a rival that is too big too conquer, you make trade agreements. Eventually somebody gets the upper hand and requires more for a growing society.

Talking heads sell it however they need to whether it be religion, terrorism, enlightenment, race wars, whatever. In the end its about the money honey. No civilization has been immune, because those that refused to adopt the model were conquered by another empire who did. How are you ever going to have a personal robot assistant if we do not have access to a new source of resources to develop them??

FYI, that chunk of land that no longer belongs to Syria between the Euphrates river and Iraqi border is mineral rich. So is Afghanistan. But the strip of formerly Syrian land also has a nice volume of oil production to keep their economy viable and provide for the industrial capacity to begin processing and refining these resources for our future digital consumerist needs.

Every time somebody buys a new cell phone just because its newer than the one they already had, or gets their fourteenth tablets for their toddler child, or replaces their tv after two years, they are directly part of the reason we go to war. It is the demand for comfort that drives the powers to keep us placated. Our demands require resources. That means someone else is going to have to suffer for our rulers to keep us content.

And thus has been the basis for civilization since that first village wanted rainbow shells they could only find on a tiny stretch of coast inhabited by another tribe who refused to do business so many eons ago. The economics have become much more complicated, but the process is the same. Demand something for a price. Supplier refuses to negotiate or sets the price too high. People back home become restless, possibly with civil consequences. Cannot have people fighting at home, we are going to have to fight others over there, wherever there is.

Make sure you support your side. Just because you object to the methods, does not mean your enemy will give a crap if he successfully occupies your land.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
the battle is coming whether you, or I want it or don't want it. You and I have no power or say in the matter. But you do have a say in how you can profit from it. so the question is, how will you?? Never waste an opportunity to profit from war. Defense stocks just keep on rising, and so do the indexes that carry them. Its paying me dividends, thats the only thing that matters.

I do not understand why people believe this is some kind of unique trait to America though. Every civilization you have ever read about in history provided for their citizens using the same exact model we use in America. Spread your borders through conquest. Find a rival that is too big too conquer, you make trade agreements. Eventually somebody gets the upper hand and requires more for a growing society.

Talking heads sell it however they need to whether it be religion, terrorism, enlightenment, race wars, whatever. In the end its about the money honey. No civilization has been immune, because those that refused to adopt the model were conquered by another empire who did. How are you ever going to have a personal robot assistant if we do not have access to a new source of resources to develop them??

FYI, that chunk of land that no longer belongs to Syria between the Euphrates river and Iraqi border is mineral rich. So is Afghanistan. But the strip of formerly Syrian land also has a nice volume of oil production to keep their economy viable and provide for the industrial capacity to begin processing and refining these resources for our future digital consumerist needs.

Every time somebody buys a new cell phone just because its newer than the one they already had, or gets their fourteenth tablets for their toddler child, or replaces their tv after two years, they are directly part of the reason we go to war. It is the demand for comfort that drives the powers to keep us placated. Our demands require resources. That means someone else is going to have to suffer for our rulers to keep us content.

And thus has been the basis for civilization since that first village wanted rainbow shells they could only find on a tiny stretch of coast inhabited by another tribe who refused to do business so many eons ago. The economics have become much more complicated, but the process is the same. Demand something for a price. Supplier refuses to negotiate or sets the price too high. People back home become restless, possibly with civil consequences. Cannot have people fighting at home, we are going to have to fight others over there, wherever there is.

Make sure you support your side. Just because you object to the methods, does not mean your enemy will give a crap if he successfully occupies your land.

Jesus! Cannot get much more brainwashed and conditioned as this dude.

Yes, we have been doing this for thousands of years. Empires come and go, and even your mini Gods (government) will lose control of their empire, as it is happening now.

When this happens, we will see a war. Yes, we have seen wars in the past. Swords, bows and arrows, then guns, tanks and planes. And ww2, as soon as we had a atomic bomb, we dropped it, twice!

What do you think will happen if ww3 kicks off? You think it will just be like most of ww2 guns, planes and tanks? No it will not! It will be nuculer! Millions apron millions will die, and the world will never be the same.

I know you have been brainwashed and conditioned, most prob from a young age, but surely, as much as you seem to love war, you would not want that surely?

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
OP I can't tell how much of what you are saying is just being glib to open eyes or if you are just being an arse, but star and flag for getting it out there because a lot of it is the truth as far as whats going on.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I find it ironic that you worship war but idolize a draft dodging coward.

www.independent.co.uk... 71536.html

I don't think you have ever served or you wouldn't be so keen on sending others into a deadly conflict. You approach war like it's just another game to be played on your playstation.

edit on 27-7-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I find it ironic that you worship war but idolize a draft dodging coward.

www.independent.co.uk... 71536.html

I don't think you have ever served or you wouldn't be so keen on sending others into a deadly conflict. You approach war like it's just another game to be played on your playstation.

I think maybe he thinks war is like playing a videogame like call of duty. Obviously he like the "romantic side of war" not the millions of men, women and children murdered by war. Wars that only really benafit the rich and powerful!

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris
I don't like war. I just enjoy reaping the benefits when my side is the victor.

a reply to: olaru12

You approach war like it's just another game to be played on your playstation.

More like chess, or a game of risk. So no, not digital, board games. Actually, board games like risk portray nearly exactly how the generals of the past would keep track of the battlefield. Little chess pieces on the map, trying to figure out if placing them in the next square will lead to victory or defeat.

I really don't understand why you care. You already beat the game. You made it to your golden years with a nice nest egg to show for it. Your contribution to the economy is positive and we thank you for it

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 05:57 AM
link   

I don't like war. I just enjoy reaping the benefits when my side is the victor. 

Seriously! People like you are one of the main reasons sociopathic governments get away with what they do. They say jump, and you say how high.

I am sorry, but I look at every human being as an individual. You look at other countries and the people there morth into one collective, so you will never look at it as individuals being killed, but a collective with no personalities, no feelings, even the children.

That is a horrible way to look at the human race on this planet. But for most people, that has been drilled into our primitive minds. You are conditioned to believe your own country is the only this that matters.

So, you day how you are off the grid, but at the same time, you have been brainwashed to think like other people in your country. Being off the grid is just an illusion, because you are still under control.

Thank God I can think for myself!

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I never said I was off the grid. I mean #, me posting here should prove that line to be BS. I said that I remove my direct support of the system by making my life just a little bit less convenient. And to be honest, it is more pleasing to go in person to pay for my bills and everything because I get to meet the other humans in my community in the process.

And supplementing my diet with home grown food removes some of the profit for the agrimonsters of business.
Either way everything you described is the same in every country, including your own. How many of your peers exactly have you been able to actually be in agreement with you or will even discuss with you this type of discussion? I bet you can count them on one hand, if at all.

Humans are cattle, we need to be led by shephards or we devolve into rather stupidly violent tendencies. Sure some are enlightened, but its enlightenment for a reason. Not everyone can get there. Not everyone evens wants too. Do you have any idea how many times people suddenly say "oh i don't want to talk politics" when you try to explain to them exactly how their actions finance all of the atrocities they complain about??

PEOPLE DO NOT WANT THE TRUTH! They lie to themselves thinking they do, and when somebody tries to break it down for them as I do in as simple as a way possible, they revert to a defensive mechanism where they do not have to listen anymore and bury themselves back into their screens. Prove me wrong. Try it the next time at a grocery store, family reunion, church, the skating rink, the move theaters, a retailer, the park, the beach??? I have engaged humans in every place imaginable, and for the most part the overwhelming majority do not want to know as long as they have easy access to their luxury goods and convenience. Sure I would find one person that listened and agreed, but I think it like one out of fifty. I know I talked to somebody at the moves years ago where we had what i would say is an ATS like conversation of civility about the top CT's . It was like a pat on the back and then we both moved on with the day. I am pretty sure I went home, had dinner, and then played some video games that night.

I remember at the skating rink I was eventually told that if I did not stop engaging people with the subject matter at hand I would have to leave, so I just stopped and kept on skating with the kids. But honestly your just as brainwashed. Your people overall actually believe that your Monarchy has little influence on the policies of your kingdom. Its quite laughable. Like you have the only richest families in within your borders that do not hold sway over the government like all other rich corporate families around the world. Sure buddy, call the kettle black.

Unless you admit right here that the Royals are still the primary power behind your government, your head is in the sand like the rest of the world.

"ohh, well your country is ruled by a shadow government of corporations and rich families, but not ours because our Monarchs told us they did not!" I am not certain if this is your position, but having engaged with many others from the UK, it was easy to determine this is the commonly accepted line. Typically they bend over backwards and spend many paragraphs attempting to explain how it isn't so. THAT is how brainwashed some UK citizens are ...

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Having read through what the Op has suggested the following can be stated:

The first thing that can be stated is this: Why go to war over a standard business practice? When a business sets up, it gets materials from different sources and locations. If one of those materials being supplied is too costly, most businesses seek and find the same thing at a cheaper price. In this case the Chinese are bypassing the more expensive oil, for that which is cheaper, and suits their needs.
And this was caused by the President starting a trade war. That is going to affect every person in the country, even now there are indications that some products, that we never would have thought about, the prices are going to rise up and it is going to upset a vast majority of the population, as supplies run low, and companies have to get new supplies, and they pass on the extra expense to the consumers, who shell out more for said products.

But looking at the Strait of Hormuz, there is also the fact that the narrow channel of water is not easily blockaded, often times trying to has resulted in disaster for those doing such, and it would risk offending allies in the area and around the world. The naval activities in the past have shown that, and the US would need the good will of the three countries to the south to do such. And one of those countries has been recently burned badly by the US.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I never said I was off the grid. I mean #, me posting here should prove that line to be BS. I said that I remove my direct support of the system by making my life just a little bit less convenient. And to be honest, it is more pleasing to go in person to pay for my bills and everything because I get to meet the other humans in my community in the process.

And supplementing my diet with home grown food removes some of the profit for the agrimonsters of business.
Either way everything you described is the same in every country, including your own. How many of your peers exactly have you been able to actually be in agreement with you or will even discuss with you this type of discussion? I bet you can count them on one hand, if at all.

Humans are cattle, we need to be led by shephards or we devolve into rather stupidly violent tendencies. Sure some are enlightened, but its enlightenment for a reason. Not everyone can get there. Not everyone evens wants too. Do you have any idea how many times people suddenly say "oh i don't want to talk politics" when you try to explain to them exactly how their actions finance all of the atrocities they complain about??

PEOPLE DO NOT WANT THE TRUTH! They lie to themselves thinking they do, and when somebody tries to break it down for them as I do in as simple as a way possible, they revert to a defensive mechanism where they do not have to listen anymore and bury themselves back into their screens. Prove me wrong. Try it the next time at a grocery store, family reunion, church, the skating rink, the move theaters, a retailer, the park, the beach??? I have engaged humans in every place imaginable, and for the most part the overwhelming majority do not want to know as long as they have easy access to their luxury goods and convenience. Sure I would find one person that listened and agreed, but I think it like one out of fifty. I know I talked to somebody at the moves years ago where we had what i would say is an ATS like conversation of civility about the top CT's . It was like a pat on the back and then we both moved on with the day. I am pretty sure I went home, had dinner, and then played some video games that night.

I remember at the skating rink I was eventually told that if I did not stop engaging people with the subject matter at hand I would have to leave, so I just stopped and kept on skating with the kids. But honestly your just as brainwashed. Your people overall actually believe that your Monarchy has little influence on the policies of your kingdom. Its quite laughable. Like you have the only richest families in within your borders that do not hold sway over the government like all other rich corporate families around the world. Sure buddy, call the kettle black.

Unless you admit right here that the Royals are still the primary power behind your government, your head is in the sand like the rest of the world.

"ohh, well your country is ruled by a shadow government of corporations and rich families, but not ours because our Monarchs told us they did not!" I am not certain if this is your position, but having engaged with many others from the UK, it was easy to determine this is the commonly accepted line. Typically they bend over backwards and spend many paragraphs attempting to explain how it isn't so. THAT is how brainwashed some UK citizens are ...

Why are you turning this into a country debate? That is what brainwashed people normally do. Will not work on me though. This is a world wide problem, not a country problem.

I told you before, I am against country patrioism because that is how these sociopaths brainwash people.

If you are happy to be brainwashed, then that is up to you! But you are part of the problem.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
They have the right to do business with whoever they want and you want to attack them for it? Blimey if you attack either of them because if this the history books will say the USA is the bad guy.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
keke, sounds like you did not enjoy the truth. No matter, it is what it is. If I am the problem, by all means explain how you are part of the solution?? How do you remove your direct support of the system??
a reply to: testingtesting
history is written by the victors. Iran will lose, and we will record history as defending the Holy Land from the aggression of Eastern cult fanatics with the backing of their Godless atheist allies.

In the Mahabharata, there are epics of the ruling lords striking their enemy with nuclear weapons in ancient India so far back it makes Egyptian history look like millennial soy boys that were born yesterday.. The history of the losing end is not available to read. That is how histoiy has always worked, and will continue to function. The loser's story is forgotten, and the victor becomes the hero who saved the world.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 04:30 AM
link   

keke, sounds like you did not enjoy the truth. No matter, it is what it is. If I am the problem, by all means explain how you are part of the solution?? How do you remove your direct support of the system??
a reply to: testingtesting
history is written by the victors. Iran will lose, and we will record history as defending the Holy Land from the aggression of Eastern cult fanatics with the backing of their Godless atheist allies.

In the Mahabharata, there are epics of the ruling lords striking their enemy with nuclear weapons in ancient India so far back it makes Egyptian history look like millennial soy boys that were born yesterday.. The history of the losing end is not available to read. That is how histoiy has always worked, and will continue to function. The loser's story is forgotten, and the victor becomes the hero who saved the world.

By more people opening their eyes and not being as brainwashed or as conditioned as people like you.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Ok, now go forward with your solution and change the world

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Ok, now go forward with your solution and change the world

So, your logic is do not try and change it! Your logic is we should just all give in to these sociopaths.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Your already doing nothing. My ideology is simple. Focus on home, cede the problems of the world to those who do what it takes to rule it. In the meantime, support your side. You have to pick a side or you will be alone, always the black sheep, the thorn in the side, the whack job.

Pick a side. Neutral is for the naive and ignorant. Show me a neutral party and I will show you an alliance keeping them secure. Somebody Always has to be there to draw the sword, lest it be thrust into the neutral party.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Your already doing nothing. My ideology is simple. Focus on home, cede the problems of the world to those who do what it takes to rule it. In the meantime, support your side. You have to pick a side or you will be alone, always the black sheep, the thorn in the side, the whack job.

Pick a side. Neutral is for the naive and ignorant. Show me a neutral party and I will show you an alliance keeping them secure. Somebody Always has to be there to draw the sword, lest it be thrust into the neutral party.

Leave the world alone & be neutral, but attack anybody who drops us as trade partners for someone else. Makes sense.

Not.

This is the mindset of authoritarians and tinpot dictators. "Deal with us and ONLY us, or you'll regret it!" Those are the types of governments that need wiped out, not supported.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Yea your right. But Im going to keep supporting my side regardless.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Switzerland seems to do remarkably well with its neutrality.
No-one, and I mean no-one, messes with Switzerland.

I wonder why that is?

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

NATO keeps them safe, that's why. Probably Lot of strings being pulled originate there as well

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join