It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia police use coin toss to decide whether to arrest woman

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I'm not a Yooper.....but I drink my coffee from a "Hodag" coffee mug
a reply to: rickymouse

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

So she did not do anything wrong at all? She is 100% in the right on everything?

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Come on for once stop being so frigging serious ,it was a joke dammit...

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Haha sorry, on ATS it's hard to tell. Having looked into the story I have no problem with the arrest, but the lack of empathy says to me those officers need to go too.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Can you ask for a best of 3 to get some of that white privilege?

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
They probably told her ... Heads we win... tails you lose.

edit on 17-7-2018 by HarryJoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
When I did my mini tour of the states a few years back one of my stops included Georgia.

Flew into Atlanta then headed out near Cartersville (i think it was - passed the big chicken and was near that cliff Hollywood have used to film cars driving off if that helps any locals)

The guy i was meeting took me to the local Wafflehouse as I wanted to try grits (My cousin Vinny) when he told the lady behind the counter i was a gritz virgin and from UK she shouted through to kitchen to get a fresh batch made up.
The whole place stopped to watch me eat and give my opinion as i added each extra so we all got to talking and almost everybody in there told me their police corruption stories, how they mainly stopped single women and extracted sexual favours seemed to be the most common story.

Oddly in Chicago nobody told me similar stories or in NYC, LA, San Antonio, San Diego or San Francisco although Dallas had a few stories but there it was more abuse of power via their guns and scaring the crap out of teens rather than sexual.

I had a great time in all of them even LA although that would be the one city i wouldn't want to go back to, even ended up by myself about 2/3am in some really dodgy bar serving beer in mugs and realised i was the only white dude in there but didn't get any hassle

Anyhow thats enough waffling for now.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb

I'm not sure Wafflehouse grits are a good example of southern cuisine. I hope they were good???? You can't leave us hanging, did you like them or not?

As for Georgia, I love the state, even thought about living there a few times. Too bad the cops can't count without taking their socks off, or even throw a regular coin. Somehow using an app to flip a coin just makes it that much worse!

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

sorry yes they were OK, just gritty porridge really. Felt a bit odd adding all the other stuff you folks do but hey when in Rome.

I do love corn dogs now though - got them at state fair (Dallas) didn't try the deep fried beer though, seriously I'm scottish and we deep fry everything but beer wtf !!!!!!

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: Atsbhct

Maybe some of you folks are young. But here is how my cougar story and the coin toss are related.

For years and years and decades and decades people have been saying cops have been doing this nonsense.
Nobody believed it for the longest time. Nobody. I have to say, there were even times I didn't believe some of the stories. Now as technology has progressed, we have cameras. All of a sudden things that seem unreal are true. Just as the camera footage is proof that there are cougars in my area there are cops doing very shady things. The truth is that they have been been real the entire time.

There are still people that don't want to believe either.

I understood what you meant right away with the first post, the rest of ATS is just slow I guess.....

Truly disgusting video though, pigs doing normal pig stuff...

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
That cheap 5 minute grits is nothing, you need the real stoneground thing. Charleston style.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: FraggleRock

"Wow. These people really put my freedom in the hands of a coin flip, and, that's disgusting."

Well, you know what else is disgusting, lady? Driving the way that you were through busy streets on wet pavement because you failed to properly prepare for life and get to work on time without putting other motorists' and pedestrians' lives in danger by speeding and driving recklessly.

Like has already been pointed out, the app didn't decide crap--if it had, they would have let her go. They were taking her in, regardless, all because of her chosen actions on that particular day.

She gets no sympathy from me, and I think that the judge is full of sh*t for dismissing the charges.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Deep fried Beer????
That is sacrilege.

I thought you were taking the piss until I googled it...
www.wikihow.com...

I know you Scots deep fry everything from Mars Bars to Donner Kebabs but seriously, who could go so low as to deep fry Beer?
The mind truly boggles.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: neo96

You win a cougar, do you prefer blonds or brunette?

Or head or tail...

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Officers had a lack of good judgement, but that Judge has no good judgement and needs to be fired.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I never did the whole deep fried everything anyway (lived down south the last 24yrs- see location
) but this was in Dallas, Texas - i've got a photo somewhere as knew nobody would believe me when i got back

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

sorry last off topic post (maybe) will do if i ever make it back over

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I visit Scotland regularly and have quite a few friends there....despite their continued efforts they've never been able to tempt me to partake in any of those particular delicacies.

On topic; not surprised at this, I think some police officers become alienated from normal society and have no idea of how their actions can impact on normal people.
However, that being said the women in question deserved a fine or even a ban for speeding like that.

As an aside; I was slightly surprised to see that the woman was handcuffed.....did she really pose that much of a threat?

edit on 17/7/18 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Agreed. But a lack of good judgment that resulted in a perfectly acceptable and legal end result (someone being arrested for driving like a maniac in the rain through crowded streets) is not necessarily a major problem--yes, their supervisor should probably say, "Hey, don't do that sh*t anymore," but it's not exactly a breech of public trust nor worthy of administrative action.

A judge who dismisses charges simply because they disagree with how the end result occurred, regardless as to its legality, is not right to warm the bench with their ass.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1   >>

join